• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republic Airways posts first quarter loss

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ah shux, is that all ya got? Lol We are in negotiations now. Remember that our getting the 190's was something we got much later after our old contract was negotiated. Nevermind, that we put those 190's on our cert flying our own branded schtuff. I would see your point if these two factors were not in place. How bout getting past your very evident envy and hope that we do good in our negotiations and set a bar for others to follow. I don't know what airline you fly for, but you would be in the same exact situation had your company done this. We only can do what we can do and we are in the process of that now. I, as every pilot I know here, have not bid for any 190 flying. The company had to displace for the 190. Sure, there are a few on every cert that just does not get it, but I can't defend them. That is something they will have to contend with. Wish us luck and, of course, we appreciate the solidarity.

Our "own" branded stuff? hahaha Your flying my branded stuff. Does it say much that a first year FO at Midwest made more than any Republic FO?

Wait until your jerking gear for a 18 year pissed off Midwest guy. I worked with some of those heathen Harley riding guys, you're in for a treat. Amen brother, AMEN.

And I mean that with utmost respect for the former Midwest guys. Some of whom were flying for Eastern, Midway and Pan Am long before Bedford graduated from FSU.

The Midwest F/A's sued today. Heres to hoping for their success in crippling Republic.

If there is such things as a god or "God", I can assure you he is not talking to B Bedford. Do you actually think B Bedford even believes in God? He is a scumbag. Nothing less and nothing more.

The flying spaghetti monster talks to Bedford. Thats why he has a noodle brain.

God bless,
Citationlover

How about the branded flying operation numbers?

Branded RASM: $0.0953
Branded CASM: $0.1113
Branded capacity: 3.7 Billion ASMs

Numbers indicate the branded operation cost Republic about $60 million while the fixed fee per departure made Republic about $20 million. Maybe branded flying in competition with the other LCCs and legacies is a little tougher than Beford initially thought.

I remember looking at their financials for the first 9 of '09 (before the addition of the F9 airbus) where their RASM was well below their CASM for the 37 aircraft in MKE.

I remember thinking that fuel going from 1.60's to 2.25/ gal. would make it hard for them to turn a profit on the branded stuff even with the addition of Frontier's 50 aircraft, but wow...$60 mil...did those numbers include any write offs or was that strictly from the operation?

There was a total of $22.6 MM in non recurring items included in the branded loss. There was an additional $5.5 MM line item attributed to severe winter storms.

I am not trying to shine up the pig, it was a bad quarter, but there were several non-operational write-offs.

One big question mark on the consolidated balance sheet is the monster "other". First Quarter 2009 had a $33 MM "other" expense, first quarter 2010 had a $81.5 MM other expense, a 146% increase.

Also, the branded CASM of 11 cents is a bit scewed due to the fact that 11 EMB 135-145s that previously were considered fixed-fee are now being considered branded. The planes will eventually get parked and the CASM will return to "normal". The days of sub six cent casm for the brand are over due to the high cost of operating the 170-190s.

Last edited:
The flying spaghetti monster talks to Bedford. Thats why he has a noodle brain.

God bless,
Citationlover

A "noodle brain" he may indeed have,but a peek in his wallet will show he's richer than you will ever be.....Unless you win a lottery.If you're so smart,why aren't you rich ?

Latest resources

Back