• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Regions Air????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well, I guess that was the point where you could have signed it or gone home, right? ;) I mean, they gave me the choice.. Sign it or go home... If you sign your name to something, it's your name on the line...

I stayed my time here a.) because I wouldn't give Regions the satisfaction of breaking me and b.) I told them, in the interview "I will do a year...." It just that simple.. I gave them my word..

This place isn't the greatest by far, but we fly some of the most demanding airplanes in the realm of 121 flying, in some a pretty demanding enviroment... We are very much a "real" airline.. More real than most..

Just saw today that Mesa has started service from MWA & UIN to Chicago Midway. It was on the departure and arrival board this morning. Interesting!

Interview

I am having an interview IN NASHVILLE,TN with a new Chief Pilot @ Regions air.
1380TT and 125 MEL. Will be staying in the Marriott Hotel @ BNA and having the interview with her and DO over breakfast at my hotel. No sim ride due to shortness of time to training class. Tell me all both good and the ugly! I have read the previous 40 some pages!

Anyinfo on the interview. Though, this one will be more on the side of non-structured form.

Thanks,
[email protected]

1380TT and 125 MEL. Will be staying in the Marriott Hotel @ BNA and having the interview with her and DO over breakfast at my hotel. No sim ride due to shortness of time to training class. Tell me all both good and the ugly! I have read the previous 40 some pages!

Anyinfo on the interview. Though, this one will be more on the side of non-structured form.

Thanks,
[email protected]

If you truly have read the past 604 post on this thread, than you should know better than to interview there. If you live in LA like you profile says, go to SkyWest or Horizon. DO NOT spend your money going to an interview where they "don't have the time" to give you a sim ride. If they don't have the time to spend on a proper interview, you should run away...VERY FAST!!!

Pilot754 - While we are handing out advice, you may or may not want to qualify the source of the advice.. WhateverUWant, supposedly worked here, at one point and time, but will not tell anyone who he/she is.. I think that says a great deal about them..

If I was going to stand up and rip a company a new one, I would have the testicular/mammary glandicular fortitude to atleast tell the people who may have worked with me who I was..

Is someone hiding something??? :) Who are you, WhateverUwant?

There are also quite a few flight attendents/station personnel/ and FO's who were here for less than 5 months all talking trash..

way to go folks!!! 602 posts and still no contract!!!

I guess you , accidentially, skipped over my post.. ;)

Did you get the call or are you looking optimistically into the future on the new vocab?

Thanks,
[email protected]

Uhwhatthefrack???

Are you really asking that???

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly are pretty well exposed here...sounds like you have shiny jet syndrome...

There aren't any shiny jets! You can write funny messages in the dirt on the bellies though-like "Wash Me" and "FAA Dirt Test-Do Not Remove"...or play tic-tac-toe when the machine lets you down and your motel pen has run out of ink...

Make sure the DO buys breakfast-it's the only thing you will get for free from Regions Air!

Booohahahahahha!!!

You crack me up...

Last edited:

Thanks,
[email protected]

Jetpilot,

Here's some stuff to seriously consider:

With you're time, you'd be getting $17/hr. Chances are slim to none that you will come close to your monthly guarantee, i.e. no overtime. Which means you can plan on $521/mo after taxes, as was the case for me. Your pay is tied to your hours, you're pay raise will go up to $18/hr when you reach 1,500 hrs total time, which will probably take a while because if you're going to the Saab, you can plan on "riding the pine."

If you're commuting, Regions is not CASS. I commuted out of MDW and ORD to CLE, and CASS would have helped tremendously. Another thing, if you're commuting, when the airplane breaks down in base, which is not uncommon, you pay for the hotel.

You might want to take a tour of the headquarters. When you see it "in action" you don't exactly get a warm and fuzzy. If you're an independantly wealthy billionaire, what have you got to lose? If you enjoy quality of life and will need a paycheck, check out some of the other Regionals. Eagle, COEX, and Skywest are hiring, and all three have OK payscales. Just because you got your 1,000 PIC doesn't guarantee that you'll get hired by any majors. Go with a Regional where you wouldn't make a bad living if you had to stick it out as Captain a few years. And there's no shame in taking 3-5 years to upgrade. You should upgrade because you're ready and prepared, not due to company wide attrition/expansion

Granted, I flew the Saabs, and Regions just returned the first of two Saabs to the leasing company a few days back. You're experience will not be totally like mine, just my two cents

Latest resources

Back