• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Regions Air????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And right now the planes are as dependable as an '85 Yugo. Which reminds me, I gotta go buy parts for my Yugo.

CopilotDoug said:
And right now the planes are as dependable as an '85 Yugo. Which reminds me, I gotta go buy parts for my Yugo.

Dude, I'm sorry-why for the love of BBQ would anyone buy a license-produced Fiat Strada? Or even worse, why would a country choose to license produce a fiat Strada?

I almost bought a Le Car one time in a drunken stupor. I drove it the next morning and the clunking of the CV joints against my Mt. Baker sized hangover convinced me to pass on that fine opportunity...

I'd rather have a Fiat 2002 or 131 than a Yugo or a Renault...or (dare I say it? someone may misconstrue the double entendre) maybe even a saab! Hehehe...

Actually saab has made some dang fine cars.

Hahahahahaha!!!

(Almost bought a saab 90 once. Nice ride by the standard of the day. Except for the disconcerting habit it had of quitting at odd moments-like accelerating up a freeway onramp-and a computer for it cost more than the car was worth!)

Last edited:
Anyone check out that Xjet crew room??? Those barca loungers they have are sweet! I was at our crew room 3 hrs before showtime and decided to try and steal some zzz's in the Xjet crew room. So I took off my ID tag, snuck in and fell asleep in one of their chairs. I woke up in the dumpster three hours later, totally refreshed and ready to start my day with a smile! Just a tip: those instant stain removers don't work to well for our white crew shirts. It's easier to just carry a bottle of White-Out with you.

Prop2Jet said:
I smell failure coming.... if it does nice try!

Failure (or the threat thereof) is management's most powerful wepon. "If you don't agree to fly these airplanes for 27% below industry standard we will get someone that will or we won't get them at all. In fact, we already have 400 resumes of qualified people."

Sound familiar???

I wave the great flag of Bovine Excrement!

They have been in "survival mode" since Oct. 2001. No company with pockets so shallow could have gone so very long if things were that bad. Methinks the whole story is not being told. If them what count the beans were really so good they would have figured out that it is cheaper to keep someone and upgrade them than train four or five replacements to get one that will stay long enough to upgrade.

$12,000 for a new Jball FO. $48,000 to get one that stays long enough to upgrade. Total cost to put the Jetstream crews on the published payscale?
About $120,000/yr.-maybe more depending on the longevity of the jball CA's this week-still, I bet more than 15 FO's have quit this year!

Perhaps they are overstating the cost of training new people...or understate the rate that they recoup the initial investment on a FO...

Food for thought my friends...

Last edited:
I can't believe you talked me into comming to this place George.. :D

Aren't employees a pain in the backside? Always asking for pay raises so they can have "food" to eat, or so they can "afford" an apartment. Why would you want your employees to be comfortable?:rolleyes:

Yeh, you start paying them, the next thing you know, they'll want reliable bennies.. :)

I'm sure everyone has seen a golfball flying through the air, but they usually don't have "AmericanConnection" painted down the side.

It's not flying... yet.. is it?

Latest resources

Back