• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Regions Air????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why is is so important to now who I am. I was there, I know it sucks, I know Bill Ross is a jerk who cannot keep his word. I know Adam does not know his ass from his armpit. Susan is not a fav among many of the employees and one f/a is pretty easy....

Boiler, you speak of my time there, might have been someone I never flew with (there were a few)-don't recognize anyone by that description. Maybe a few more hints???

The Pre 9-11 incarnation of Regions Air was a valid stepping stone (as well as being a far better place to work!). This is no longer the case for most pilots trying to get into 121 aviation.

The management has worn out the sorry "stepping stone" argument. As with the payscale that logic has failed to stand the test of time. People there that have 1000 hours of turbine PIC time are having trouble moving on to the few large operations that are taking resumes because they have little or no experience with automation or FMS. The Jball will turn you into one hell of an instrument pilot but there are too many people out there with jet time/Autoflight time/FMS time now...that is why most of the people that leave Regions are going to other regionals-in oh so many cases without upgrading!

If you are going to go to a stepping stone you might as well go to one that will pay you and give you the experience that you need to move on. The J-ball and saab aren't cutting it anymore!

It is my humble opinion that Regions could get with the program, offer resonable pay and start seeking markets to serve with larger, highly efficient turboprops (the Q-400 rivals the 737-800 in seat mile costs for instance). It is my guess (sadly) that it will not happen. The depth of courage to accomplish that task is lacking at the highest levels. It remains easier for them to live in the past.

Last edited:
Boiler, you speak of my time there, might have been someone I never flew with (there were a few)-don't recognize anyone by that description. Maybe a few more hints???

The Pre 9-11 incarnation of Regions Air was a valid stepping stone (as well as being a far better place to work!). This is no longer the case for most pilots trying to get into 121 aviation.

The management has worn out the sorry "stepping stone" argument. As with the payscale that logic has failed to stand the test of time. People there that have 1000 hours of turbine PIC time are having trouble moving on to the few large operations that are taking resumes because they have little or no experience with automation or FMS. The Jball will turn you into one hell of an instrument pilot but there are too many people out there with jet time/Autoflight time/FMS time now...that is why most of the people that leave Regions are going to other regionals-in oh so many cases without upgrading!

If you are going to go to a stepping stone you might as well go to one that will pay you and give you the experience that you need to move on. The J-ball and saab aren't cutting it anymore!

It is my humble opinion that Regions could get with the program, offer resonable pay and start seeking markets to serve with larger, highly efficient turboprops (the Q-400 rivals the 737-800 in seat mile costs for instance). It is my guess (sadly) that it will not happen. The depth of courage to accomplish that task is lacking at the highest levels. It remains easier for them to live in the past.

-Heck, I left to go BACK to Pistons Twins for 4+ times the pay. What does that tell you? Only one person from my entire class actually stayed for the upgrade.

-Belch, I know you too well to believe you have a "humble opinion." They should have made you CP of the place your first day. If you were in charge of the joint I bet a cock roach could survive more than a hour in the St. Louis crew room. That is my attempt a "humble opinion."

-The only reason people do not tear into Regions pilots is either they have never heard of them, or they feel sorry for them. I for one, feel sorry for them, but have a heck of alot of respect for them.

Last edited:
Regions

The Saab pilots I met when I was at Regions were and are a good bunch of guys (and Carrie). It is sad when an airline is so mismanaged that they fail to treat their employees like human beings. I too left Regions and am flying for twice what they were paying me. Plus they STILL owe me money.

Ahhh, the CP nor the DO can do anything constructive to aid the management/pilot relations over there. The HR department (person) has more say over daily operations than they do. It is a job that I wouldn't have looking back and I thank God that they ignored my resume for the CP position. My balls are not made of dry ice and I couldn't stand to have my people treated that way!

What corpex needs is a Moses to lead all the good folks there out of bondage, not a line pilot pressed into a desk job that has no authority to go with the responsibility!

I couldn't have anything to do with the management of an outfit that treats it's "valued employees" with such utter contempt.

For my part I have never seen so many good people wasted so badly...they deserve far batter and I pray that they get it. Somewhere else and all at once!

Last edited:
Hey are you guys bidding on Marion, Illinois and Decauter also? Who is in the running for this? I heard Colgan did u also?

Hey are you guys bidding on Marion, Illinois and Decauter also? Who is in the running for this? I heard Colgan did u also?

There was a thread on this subject. I think that Colgan is out but I don't know about Great Lakes and the MAG(got) group...wonder if go! will be getting turboprops soon too?

Seems that Marion and Quincy want to get service to MDW. Looks like the AA disembowelment of the former TWA system is finally trickeling down some more...who the heck wants to go from marion to stl to dfw or ord and then where you want to go???

The sick part is that with a third hub, DFW and ORD screaming about saturation of their systems and the new rwy in STL, AA would look at relieving traffic in the other two hubs instead of moving passengers from one hub to another...

I guess you will fly the AA way-like it or not!

Why is is so important to now who I am.

Because generally, when a guy talks the sorta garbage you keep talking, they atleast have the testicular fortitude to "come out from behind the mask."

I mean, it's sorta like the Wizard of Oz.. He was all big and scary and blah, blah and then big Toto pulled the curtain and the wizard was a poon..

I agree with alot of what you say..

In alot of ways, it really, really, really sucks here.. When will we go out of business? Who knows, I hope it's when I'm not here..

I guess it would just give you a lil'credit when you bash the place if people knew who you were and where you came from.. :)

You know, you could say "I'm Ricky Bobby" and someone reading this could ask around the crew room.. "Hey, you know Ricky Bobby?" and everyone is like "Ahh, yes.. we know him.. he's deuche with a limp and no one likes him..." orr.. people could say "Yeh, I know ole' R.B. he's a heck of a fella.. I really like him..."

However, the rule is generally, when a person will talk the talk you talk, and choose to hide behind anonymity or.. the Wizards Curtain, they are the former, rather than the latter.. I guess I'd just like to know you are indeed the latter, rather than the former..

That.. in a nutshell, is why it matters who you are..

:D

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back