Rah To Fly For Midwest Express

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

$$$4nothin

Republic Airways Holdings announced at 5pm today that they have an agreement to fly 12 EMB-170's for Midwest. It is a 1.5 year deal then all the aircraft will go to Midwest and be flown by Midwent pilots unless there contract isn't ratified by the end of the year and a half. If it isn't this will become a 10 year agreement and RAH will continue to operate the aircraft. The first four aircraft will start service on OCT. 1 and they add the rest starting on the 15th. Yes this is for real. The press releases are out. Looks like the Republic birds need to put cookie ovens on there planes.

Last edited:
If Midwest ratifies a contract by the end of the year and a half, I wonder if they'll hire Repulic pilots on to fly the 170s.

Just read that on Yahoo. It seems less of a contract for RP and more of a sale of assets and running them until midwest can do it themselves.

If Midwest ratifies a contract by the end of the year and a half, I wonder if they'll hire Repulic pilots on to fly the 170s.

Sure...right after all Midwest's currently furloughed pilots are offered recall.

Good news for RAH pilots, hopefully this will mitigate some if not all the furloughs.

I don't get it

Since RAH is paying up to $25 M for this new opportunity, is it on par with PFT? Or is it okay for an airline to pay for flying, just not pilots?

Seriously, what is in this for RAH? In 18 mos, if an agreement is reached (which, if you read the press release from Midwest they obviously think it will be) then Midwest gets all the planes, manuals, certificates, authorizations etc. If one isn't reached, no doubt Midwest pilots will probably walk off the job and now there is no-one left to feed anyway.

This looks like a whipsaw tactic to get Midwest pilots to agree to a contract or be replaced.

Interesting nonetheless ...

If I read it correctly, this would be a major violation of the RAH pilots scope clause. No RAH owned airplane can be flown by pilots not on the RAH master seniority list.

Latest resources

Back