• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Rah To Fly For Midwest Express

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Did I miss something here? I read all the posts in this thread and don't recall seeing the word "scab" anywhere.

Ah, but wait, this is FI, so you must be preparing us for some tool to post the "scab" word soon huh?

My understanding of the "S" word is it only applies to someone who is flying "Struck" work so that doesn't apply here at all.

We may need to coin a new phrase or word to describe this new turn of events. I propose the phrase "Mercenary Pilots" to describe how the RAH pilots are being used here against the Midwest pilots.

I don't mean to be harsh toward the RAH pilots. This could be any regional pilot group & airline that has aircraft to spare right now. It will be interesting to see if other mainline carriers try to employ this strategy when negotiating with their pilot groups.

hint....they will no longer be RAH aircraft 18 months after this starts if an agreement is reached.

The agreement of for a 10 year lease in the event that Midwest pilots would fly the airplanes. RAH doesn't allow leased aircraft to be flown by non RAH pilots. This will be a violation. But you are right because CEO's use scope to line the seat of their golden toilet so they don't get their balls dirty when they sit down.

Since NWA has a stake in MEH, maybe NWA/DAL could give those MEH guys a seniority number and then integrate MEH with Compass.
There are 60 some more slots for new hires at Compass....only a short 30 months and you can have your very own NWA/DL seniority number...........or however the hell it shakes out.

Are some of these aircraft on their 5th operator/codeshare partner since delivery? Keeping the painters busy. I thought some of the birds bounced over to the Shuttle America certificate in DL colors, briefly, but that's the one I'm least sure about. Correct me where I'm wrong:

MidAtlantic (US)
Republic (USEX)
Shuttle (DLC)
Republic (FRNT)
Republic (MEH)

RAH doesn't paint their planes. They're mostly white with blue tails. $10 says the Midwest airplanes won't be painted.

RAH doesn't paint their planes. They're mostly white with blue tails. $10 says the Midwest airplanes won't be painted.

um, what?

Republic has two 170's (neither is white and blue) in company colors. There are 54 or so in USAirways colors. There are also the Frontier birds in PIT, which you can see are painted.

Shuttle America has two in blue and white. They have over 40 painted in appropriate code share colors.

Chautauqua has a higher number of blue and whites, but the number is still less than 10. They use these for charter flights, where airline colors are inappropriate, and as spares to bounce between 5 codeshare partners.

Feel free to go to airliners.net and see planes painted in colors other than blue and white.

If you have no idea what you are talking about, please don't post. All you do is spread bad information and perpetuate ignorance.

As for the MidConn birds, expect to see the two RAH painted planes on day one, and the newly painted birds to arrive as soon as possible. This is a ten year agreement (with the likelihood of the planes ending up on the MidEx certificate). We surely can't fly frontier painted planes for MidConn, so they will have to be repainted. Logic, try it!

Last edited:
Since RAH is paying up to $25 M for this new opportunity, is it on par with PFT? Or is it okay for an airline to pay for flying, just not pilots?

Seriously, what is in this for RAH? In 18 mos, if an agreement is reached (which, if you read the press release from Midwest they obviously think it will be) then Midwest gets all the planes, manuals, certificates, authorizations etc. If one isn't reached, no doubt Midwest pilots will probably walk off the job and now there is no-one left to feed anyway.

This looks like a whipsaw tactic to get Midwest pilots to agree to a contract or be replaced.

Interesting nonetheless ...
You mean like Air Wisconsin did with US Airways? Get your facts straight mister!

Wow, let's say that the YX pilot's picket over this and then Midwest says, "let's get some RAH pilots to fly these things, they're theirs anyway..." what's to stop them? This has the makings of strike breaking written all over it. I'm very happy i'm in the 145 and I won't have to make the decision. I will not cross the picket line though, that's for sure.

Take it easy killer, nobody is crossing a picket line. In addition, the 170's have the same amount of seats as 900's so there is no diff there other than the engines are below the wings. If you fly a 145 you are just as guilty as anyone else in the way this industry has turned so don't start preaching. I can't believe the amount of penis envy you guys have. It is almost embarrassing to watch you guys.

Latest resources

Back