• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Rah To Fly For Midwest Express

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
All I can say is that its truly a sad day here at Midwest...

What day is sadder - close the doors permanantly to the airline with everyone on the street or some crazy deal? I'm not saying the deal is right - but we can't have everything we want when the airline we work for is about dead.

This is just the beginning of crazy deals among majors and regionals alike to survive in this bad economy. More to come in the months following...

This is akin to the DHL/UPS deal. DHL farms out work to UPS and furloughs thousands. Maybe we at RAH can get preferential hiring at UPS?! *Sarcasm*

This is a bad deal!! The furloughs will be over... no one going on the streets at RAH, the capt downgrades have been called off today. But whats even worse is that the ME guys will be on the streets.
Every pilot at RAH does not like this deal...
Smart on the behalf of management on both sides, but ********************ty on the behalf of the ME guys... I feel for the ME guys fully... Good luck!!!

By the time the dust settles, all those furloughed 717 drivers will have new jobs (probably flying 50 seat RJ's cause they pay better than what MAH is offering them to fly 717's). Then new-hires will replace all the RAH pilots for less pay.

This is a lose-lose for all pilots.

Midwest is losing millions every quarter. Something had to be done.

the only alternative to this would be midwest going completely out of business. As many in the biz world thought would happen. Is that a lose-lose for all pilots also?

the only alternative to this would be midwest going completely out of business. As many in the biz world thought would happen. Is that a lose-lose for all pilots also?

I'm awfully ticked at the attempt to make me the anchor chained around their necks.

I'm awfully ticked at the attempt to make me the anchor chained around their necks.

your not the anchor chained around their necks. They are themselves the anchor tied around their own necks.

Horrible management got Midwest into this. and now there are very few ways out.

Look, this deal sucks. As a republic guy I think this deal really sucks for everyone involved. You can say its for the share holders, but neither stocks went up very much so this helps noone and hurts many. However a decision made by management for current republic pilots to do flying that hasn't crossed any picket lines in no way makes any Republic pilots scabs. If RAH pilots could stop this deal believe me we would. So if anyone wants to call any of us scabs, just PM me and you can come call me that to my face. I am truly sorry for all the Midwest Guys and gals

I'm glad YX kicked Skyway to the curb in April.......I wouldn't want to be part of this sihtstorm.....How could any airline want to team up w/ YX . Nobody wins next to YX...

So if anyone wants to call any of us scabs

Did I miss something here? I read all the posts in this thread and don't recall seeing the word "scab" anywhere.

Ah, but wait, this is FI, so you must be preparing us for some tool to post the "scab" word soon huh?

Since NWA has a stake in MEH, maybe NWA/DAL could give those MEH guys a seniority number and then integrate MEH with Compass. Compass then buys our (RAH) 12 planes and then everybody is happy. I dunno, just trying to shuffle the cards to make it all work. I talked to a friend at NWA and he said something about a max number of planes with 70 seats at NWA. I'm not certain what it was but maybe someone can post what the contract says.

Latest resources

Back