• NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.
  • Logbook Pro for Apple iOS version 8.1 is now available on the App Store. Major update including signature endorsements and dark/light theme support. Click here to install now.

Rah To Fly For Midwest Express

$$$4nothin

Total Time
9000+
Republic Airways Holdings announced at 5pm today that they have an agreement to fly 12 EMB-170's for Midwest. It is a 1.5 year deal then all the aircraft will go to Midwest and be flown by Midwent pilots unless there contract isn't ratified by the end of the year and a half. If it isn't this will become a 10 year agreement and RAH will continue to operate the aircraft. The first four aircraft will start service on OCT. 1 and they add the rest starting on the 15th. Yes this is for real. The press releases are out. Looks like the Republic birds need to put cookie ovens on there planes.

Last edited:

brokedash

Member of the DX A-Team
Total Time
80MPH
If Midwest ratifies a contract by the end of the year and a half, I wonder if they'll hire Repulic pilots on to fly the 170s.

n757st

It's always sunny in JFK
Total Time
8000+
Just read that on Yahoo. It seems less of a contract for RP and more of a sale of assets and running them until midwest can do it themselves.

BoilerUP

Citation style...
Total Time
1500+
If Midwest ratifies a contract by the end of the year and a half, I wonder if they'll hire Repulic pilots on to fly the 170s.

Sure...right after all Midwest's currently furloughed pilots are offered recall.

Good news for RAH pilots, hopefully this will mitigate some if not all the furloughs.

Iflyamouse

Is it time for lunch yet?
Total Time
4500+
I don't get it

Since RAH is paying up to $25 M for this new opportunity, is it on par with PFT? Or is it okay for an airline to pay for flying, just not pilots?

Seriously, what is in this for RAH? In 18 mos, if an agreement is reached (which, if you read the press release from Midwest they obviously think it will be) then Midwest gets all the planes, manuals, certificates, authorizations etc. If one isn't reached, no doubt Midwest pilots will probably walk off the job and now there is no-one left to feed anyway.

This looks like a whipsaw tactic to get Midwest pilots to agree to a contract or be replaced.

Interesting nonetheless ...

freeflyer14

Where's that reserve?
Total Time
5000+
If I read it correctly, this would be a major violation of the RAH pilots scope clause. No RAH owned airplane can be flown by pilots not on the RAH master seniority list.

BUDDHA145

Total Time
If I read it correctly, this would be a major violation of the RAH pilots scope clause. No RAH owned airplane can be flown by pilots not on the RAH master seniority list.

HA!! you HIT it right on the head men!!! but Scope, Contrac and Clouses are CEO's toilet papper!!!:angryfire

lookin4better

Total Time
Glory

hint....they will no longer be RAH aircraft 18 months after this starts if an agreement is reached.

BILL LUMBERG

Total Time
9 to 5
Gotta love when a regional pilot pulls scope out on a mainline carrier....

When did RAH get a ticketing office?? Or a Res number?? Or a baggage service counter??

Oh, that's right....you guys are FEED.....NOW I understand your scope.....

Axel

No, you don't. Not even to the point of effective sarcasm.

DenverCrashpad

Total Time
Sounds like Tim is trying to justify cutting Midwest pilots paychecks by making them fly smaller airplanes of the same configuration. Let the games continue / management sinks another good airline.

Axel

And management(s) are trying to use the RAH pilots as pawns in a whipsaw game, it is incumbent upon the RAH pilots to throw sand in those gears.

Gravel, I mean.

No, rocks.

Big rocks; boulders, even.

mwmav8r01

Total Time
I agree, there will be E190s-e195s on a J4J arrangement. Which sucks for everyone involved.

Stifler's Mom

MILF...MILF...MILF
Total Time
Republic Airways Holdings announced at 5pm today that they have an agreement to fly 12 EMB-170's for Midwest. It is a 1.5 year deal then all the aircraft will go to Midwest and be flown by Midwent pilots unless there contract isn't ratified by the end of the year and a half. If it isn't this will become a 10 year agreement and RAH will continue to operate the aircraft. The first four aircraft will start service on OCT. 1 and they add the rest starting on the 15th. Yes this is for real. The press releases are out. Looks like the Republic birds need to put cookie ovens on there planes.

That's great...the furloughed pilots only have to survive another 18 months without a job, while somebody else replaces them for the time being.

The airline industry is so screwed up.

king10pin02

Left seat warmer
Total Time
I agree, there will be E190s-e195s on a J4J arrangement. Which sucks for everyone involved.

Well if we can get the Midwest guys off furlough and into the left seat of an EJet, and get our own people off furlough it could be an acceptable short term solution that keeps food on everyone's tables.