• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Rah To Fly For Midwest Express

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well if we can get the Midwest guys off furlough and into the left seat of an EJet, and get our own people off furlough it could be an acceptable short term solution that keeps food on everyone's tables.

This would be akin to selling Boardwalk to your Monopoly opponent (who already has Park Place) in order to pay the rent when you land on his Baltic.

Or another metaphor would be eating your seed stock over the winter without regard to what you plan to plant next spring.

Wow Rev Bedford, awful fricking desperate I'd say. Innovative right, Republic being used to beat down pilot pay at another company?:rolleyes:

I disagree with the J4J proposition. I think this is a last ditch effort by YX. They have no cash. They are late in paying for gates at MKE and they are late in payments to Skywest.
Since RAH put up the $$ to promote the deal, it was the only way for Midwest to get their hands on some cash (and at the same time reducing labor costs in YX pilots). No one else would lend them cash!! TPG bought in a long time ago. They got half of their investment back and now they figure they are comitted until the end.

I seriously doubt that YX pilots will ever fly the E190's. I hope they respond to this appropriatly. I think the only move is to walk out. Going down to 100 pilots is not really worth it with the reduction of pay and all the downgrades. However, what do you do once you walk out? Anyway, its a bad situation....

Wow, let's say that the YX pilot's picket over this and then Midwest says, "let's get some RAH pilots to fly these things, they're theirs anyway..." what's to stop them? This has the makings of strike breaking written all over it. I'm very happy i'm in the 145 and I won't have to make the decision. I will not cross the picket line though, that's for sure.

What a disgrace.

You, my friend, are a scumbag.
This is good for NOBODY.

So I'm a scumbag because I said no RAH pilots would be hired at Midwest to fly the E-Jets until all YX furloughees are recalled? :confused:

This deal is good for plenty of people...RAH management, YX management, and plenty of lawyers for starters. Like it or not, its also good for RAH pilots, at least short term, if it prevents some or all of their furloughs.

Its NOT good for any YX crewmembers, a few of whom were my captains when I flew at Air Wisconsin.

If I'm a scumbag for simply playing the role of Captain Obvious, then so be it...:rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back