• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Rah To Fly For Midwest Express

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The business arrangement is totally clear yet on ownership of these aircraft after the 1.5 year mark. RAH could sell them to a leasing company or sell them to Midwest. Either way it works around your Scope.

I haven't seen any references to selling airplanes only leasing, if Midwest wants to buy them and fly them that is not "working around our scope" that is us selling them airplanes and them flying them, in that case I could care less.

Flame me all you like (and yes I got alot of time on the EMB-145), but I've been consistent in my view since the 70 seaters were drawn up on paper. Don't allow beginners access to big jets! Easiest way to undercut this profession since Frankie Lorenzo. Anyone that sees a win in this scenario is either incompetent or a management stooge waiting to happen...

I've had quite a bit of wine with my wife, so that last post might not make sense, i dunno... I'm gonna go have some fun with whip cream... l8r

All I can say is that its truly a sad day here at Midwest.

A great man once said "I can't understand how can this management do so little with such a great opportunity" I bet you all know who that man is....here is a hint......... he owns NetJets.

Flame me all you like (and yes I got alot of time on the EMB-145), but I've been consistent in my view since the 70 seaters were drawn up on paper. Don't allow beginners access to big jets! Easiest way to undercut this profession since Frankie Lorenzo. Anyone that sees a win in this scenario is either incompetent or a management stooge waiting to happen...

The only people who see this as a win are maybe some of the 150 Republic guys who are scheduled to be furloughed next week. The other 95% of RAH pilots don't want any part of this but unfortunately we are already being painted as the villain.

My apologies to the guys who are getting furloughed I did not that mean that comment as a put down!!

Last edited:
Well if we can get the Midwest guys off furlough and into the left seat of an EJet, and get our own people off furlough it could be an acceptable short term solution that keeps food on everyone's tables.

How does this help the MAH guys come off furlough when they're going from 25 717's to only 9?? They're getting rid of 16 airplanes!! Those aircraft are being replaced by RAH 170's.

By the time the dust settles, all those furloughed 717 drivers will have new jobs (probably flying 50 seat RJ's cause they pay better than what MAH is offering them to fly 717's). Then new-hires will replace all the RAH pilots for less pay.

This is a lose-lose for all pilots.

I may be missing something here, but, didn't this happen, sort of in reverse, at Republic with E-jets only with US Airways?

Wasn't it something similar? Airways sold their Mid Atlantic jets to Republic but as it was a sale of assets they did not have to "sell" the pilots with the deal? Didn't this put the Airways guys back on the street. Didn't Mid Atlantic pilots fly the same planes for Airways?

Does all this make anybody else's head hurt? Do you ever wonder if these airline execs spent as much time running good quality companies as they did making craziness like this that we would not have half the problems we do?

I'm sorry, this kind of stuff is hocus pocus. Either you own and operate an airline, pay your people a decent salary to fly, serve and maintain said airplanes or you do not. It is just that simple.

For just how long are we as pilots going to put up with this crud? Seriously. Where is the line?

For just how long are we as pilots going to put up with this crud? Seriously. Where is the line?
The line was crossed years ago. No one can remember exactly who crossed it, but we are so far from the line now that no one even remembers where it was. Maybe we can draw a new line, but more than likely we will all argue over who gets to draw it, and whether or not a straight line is better than a curvy one.

As for how long we will put up with it...apparently as long as there are seat to fill. Skybus had no problem getting pilots, and GoJets seems to fill their classes. And then there is Mesa, with lines around the block made of soon-to-be-furloughees. Our problem is we want to fly. Even those of us with alternate degrees and career fields still stick it out year after year. We really are hopeless, myself included. I want a better QOL, better work rules, and to be respected by management and the public for the job I do. But despite being 0 for 3, I am still here, and so are all of you.

The only way 90% of us will ever leave this industry is when we lose our jobs to foreign pilots courtesy of cabotage...how far off do you think that is?

Latest resources

Back