• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Rah To Fly For Midwest Express

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
there's a clause in our contract that prevents us from flying any struck work. how about your contract? ooops! my bad....

Doesn't your contract also have scope which prevents your airplanes being flown by other pilot groups. Now maybe I'm just hearing things but down the road these mighty E-170s will be flown by Midwest pilots. oops! my bad...

Do you seriously think that bedford whorrrred HIMSELF out? The man is just playing a game. All the other airlines are just players at the poker table. He plays to win, and he wants to win the table he is at. Bedford has his sights on the big boy table. If he takes out some of the weaker players now, he just may get invited to play in the back room, where the brandy comes in real crystal snifters, and the cigars are Cuban. Us pilots, and the airplanes we fly, are just chips in his stack. He has no problem throwing a few away here and there, but make no mistake, his stack is growing as other stacks are shrinking. With this Mdwest deal, he has basically put Midwest "all in". He's thrown 12 airplanes into the pot, as well as countless token pilots, to force Midwest's hand.

It's not whorring if you are having fun... and bedford is having a blast.

Better re-check your specs RW FO A. Taylor # 24 in KPHL. You have no idea what the F'ck you're talking about. You make it sound as though BB wants to rule the world, and hang out with mobsters. To say this at the expense of another pilot group, who are trying to feed their families, is appalling.

No offense intended...I am not sure you quite understood what i was trying to say, because i do not quite understand your response. If I didn't get my point across clearly, then my bad. Poor communication on my part.

I was trying to refute a previous post that claimed Bedford was whorring himself out. I am not a member of the koolaid club, but I thought that the whorring comment was a bit unjustified. That aside, I do get the impression from most executive types that all of business is a game. Bedford does not need to earn another penny for the rest of his life. He does not NEED his job. He has shown his disrespect for the well being of the pilot group by blatantly disregarding the contract that he himself agreed to (employee stock program, bypass, displacement vacancies, etc). Since he is not doing this job to feed his family anymore, and he is not doing it to improve the position of his employees, I can only conclude that he is either after personal prestige or just in it for sport. Like a friendly game of poker, bedford does not have much at stake. If all goes well, he makes even more money. if all goes to pot, then he goes home and lives well off the winnings he already made. My career, livelihood, and economic viability are at stake, and I do resent the ethical predicament he has put us in while investing nothing personally himself. We at RAH stand to lose greatly from the Midwest deal. If the deal is upheld in the courts, then we are scum in the eyes of our peers. If the deal does not go through, more people will end up on the streets.

there's a clause in our contract that prevents us from flying any struck work. how about your contract? ooops! my bad....

deep breath, sigh...

do you really want me to get into this whole debate. I used to work for a union carrier. It was so funny because the company would always break the Mighty contract (which i know is so impossible) and tell us to grieve it.

Here at SkyW, I've never had the company intentionally break any of our policies, and if they do unintentionally; it's fixed right away...no grievance needed.

BTW how's your profit sharing, and stock options over there at RAH?

deep breath, sigh...

do you really want me to get into this whole debate. I used to work for a union carrier. It was so funny because the company would always break the Mighty contract (which i know is so impossible) and tell us to grieve it.

Here at SkyW, I've never had the company intentionally break any of our policies, and if they do unintentionally; it's fixed right away...no grievance needed.

BTW how's your profit sharing, and stock options over there at RAH?

You might want to get off your high horse slick. You are flying jets. You are flying jets that should be flown by mainline (arent we all nowadays?) What makes it even worse is that you are flying jets that should be flown by mainline guys AND you are not union. Ugly ugly ugly combo. I know what that makes you and guys like you in my book.

You might want to get off your high horse slick. You are flying jets. You are flying jets that should be flown by mainline (arent we all nowadays?) What makes it even worse is that you are flying jets that should be flown by mainline guys AND you are not union. Ugly ugly ugly combo. I know what that makes you and guys like you in my book.

No high horse...why don't you get off yours. You wanna rip about not being union? Go ahead...we're a successful company doing well and generally pretty happy here.

What is it you are doing that is any different than SkyWest? Oh yeah that's right...you bought flying and assisted management in putting a gun to the heads of union workers. Taking more routes from union and non-union workers.

Kudos to Bedford and Teamsters.

-Slick

Oh yeah that's right...you bought flying and assisted management in putting a gun to the heads of union workers. Taking more routes from union and non-union workers.

If this is what we call that "union brotherhood" Who needs enemies.

-Slick (again)

I am enjoying this way too much. The ignorance is pouring from your numerous threads and you contradict yourself over and over. What great fodder! What has the union done for YOU? Last I checked the mighty contract you are so proud of does not have 100% deadhead pay, pay rates on a 70 seat airplane less than that of a 50 seat operator (which shall remain nameless ;) ), management that fires probationary FOs instead of furloughing with , a QOL that is good compared to Trans States or Go Jet, a union that has made it clear it has no intention of holding up your CBA with its regards to scope, a contract which under its different subsidiaries really pushes the definition of a seniority based contract, and this is just what I can think of off the top of my head. So why is being non-union so bad? Im in ALPA, have a great contract......GREAT! But I think we could do better with our guys running an internal union, like at oh say...SkyWest, Southwest, Frontier and the likes. Oddly, with the exception of Frontier, these companies have done quite well, and have provided pilots a fair wage and QOL......can we say the same for the teamsters...I think not. Remember this is the union that represents our pals at GoJet too!

But I digress.............

This thread is about a pilot group willing and wantingly to be used as the bullet in the heads of Midwest pilots. Nothing more. Time will tell if RAH pilots stand on principle, but after reading the posts of your coworkers on this thread I think we ALL have our answer.

RANT OVER

Latest resources

Back