Punk rock pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
islandhopper said:
I stopped going to punk rock shows after I got my mouth smashed by a random elbow in a local pit.

sorry about that.. ;)

islandhopper said:
A week later (my mouth healing just fine) I was hit by a speeding reversing car fleeing a beatdown in the parking lot.

was this also at a show here in hawaii? when was this? people fighting in hawaii? ;)

Yikes, I forgot MINOR THREAT. I was all about MINOR THREAT! Ian continues to be an amazing talent w/fugazi.
TSOL, just pulled out the old record.. mmm smooth sounds form the true of liberty...
good times great oldies....
adios
snowman

The DRI logo was one of the most popular back then uh? i had a DRI tshirt back in high school and the DRI logo as a licence plate, a friend of mine painted it for me...MInor Theat, wow cool band, did u heard about the NIKE poster ripping off the Minor Threat cover? In the end NIKE made a statement saying they were sorry.
http://www.fotolog.net/123probando/?photo_id=7692065 you can see it here on my site

i was gonna put a THRASHER magazine sticker on the flight bag, but didnt cause i knew i would have to answer the "what does that mean?" question way too many times

There was nothing like Bono and U2 when they were young and live.

The Clash, The Cure, The Furs, and what about Joy Division and Ian Curtis, and "Love will Tear Us Apart".

Not to forget Bauhaus with Peter Murphy, the father of Goth, saw them at the Palladium in Los Angeles a few years ago when they reunited.

I also saw "X" there about the same time when they reunited including Billy Zoom.

I've got a "X" story that tops HMR's, Before X reunited, I got to tag along with a friend when he went to see Billy Zoom in his house in Orange. He showed us all his personal momentos, got to see his silver leather jacket and silver Gretch and chat with him on his sofa. We were there for about 2 hours. He's really a great guy, pretty normal guy too.

Back in 1980 or '81 I saw DOA, The Dicks, and The Stains all at one show at a scummy club in Houston. Now THAT is some punk rock.

About a year ago I was putting my flight bag up on the x-ray belt and the guy behind noticed the black flag and circle jerks sticker, he then got my attention and said "I did not expect to see that on a pilots bag", he then showed me his IPOD and he was listening to who's got the 10 1/2.

Agent Orange
JFA
DK's

Good times......................

Huggyu2 vbmenu_register("postmenu_687878", true);

Aircraft Experience: Classic Jets, jet powered taildraggers, 727 plumber, ultralights when I can
Flight Experience: Military (some civ,too)
Ratings: The usual
Total Time: 5900

Back in 1980 or '81 I saw DOA, The Dicks, and The Stains all at one show at a scummy club in Houston. Now THAT is some punk rock.

HuggyU2, i bought a book called "I,SH*T HEAD" which was written by the vocalist of DOA, its a great book full of anecdotes etc, you can get thru amazon.com its worth it...

hoop

Your quote is awsome. Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas is one of the best (and most twisted) movies of all time.-kingaira90

nina.gif

The Mother of Punk! Nina Hagen for those of you who don't know. I got to check her out in NYC at the old Ritz in the late 80's.

Lene Lovich (pronounced Lay-na Luv-itch) These chicks rock!

Latest resources

Back