• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Punk rock pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FEAR - I don't care about you , fu! haharharharh great line.
More beer.
DK's I wanna f34k the dead
Germ's
X
Mr. J Cash was punk-ified
Vandals fun Ca. punk
SO much good music.

Suicidal tendencies first album is a masterpiece i think, all the songs are great, as well as the words "dont wanna pump nobodys gas I want more!"

One great thing is after landing at my home airport, drive home while listening to a good punk band on the stereo, after your flight went well and your done for the day, it really makes you feel good"

i think for most of us punk was something we got into before it became fashionable, so thats why we hold it so dear, cause it was never a fashion for us, its way more than that...

anyone remember any punk song that deals with airplanes or pilots?

Theres a book by Charles Bukowski (great writer) that in some part, mention that hes flying somewhere but hes afraid to flight, and then recommends never to stare into the eyes of an airline pilot, cause theres something weird and dark in those people, haha something like that.....and he may be right!

Punk and airplanes...hmmm...

Jawbox broke up and reformed as Burning Airlines.

Jawbreaker reformed as Jets To Brazil.

NOFX - S & M Airlines :D

HMR said:
Some high(low?)lights: I got booted for drinking one of John Doe's beers at an X show (I've seen them innumerable times), got arrested for fighting at a Replacements gig (expensive mistake) and been showered in spit, front row, watching Stiff Little Fingers. All before I turned 18.:)

I haven't heard any "punk" I like in awhile.

Currently in rotation on the CD player:
Fugazi
Jawbreaker
Jawbox
Husker Du
Built to Spill
Sunny Day Real Estate
Pinback

I'm ready to hang with HMR, I was "special" also.............

Wow, there is hope. After be totally convinced that every pilot I've ever met is a total dork, including me, then this thread comes along. Way too many RONs with guys saying, "Hey do mind if we listen to my Michael Bolton/Kenny G CD/station" in the rented Malibu. I used to want to shove icepicks in my ears, now I just say NO. In the changer in the trunk;

Ramones
GBH
AIR(not punk by a longshot)
Radiohead
Coldplay

I know what youre saying, i drove to the airport thi smorning listening to WIZO, a cool German band....

I stopped going to punk rock shows after I got my mouth smashed by a random elbow in a local pit. A week later (my mouth healing just fine) I was hit by a speeding reversing car fleeing a beatdown in the parking lot.

Heavy Metal and Reggae shows never had quite the violence that the punk shows seemed to produce. I was not a punk, it just wasnt me, but I always loved the music from when I was in elementary school in the 70's... I just liked my hair long!

HAHAHA fast forward to the late 90's... Im in flight school I spot a fellow student with a DRI tat on his leg. I mentioned something like "cool DRI" and his eyes just lit up. Apparently I was the first fellow aviator that didnt ask him "what is that a dancing person"?

It's always kind of funny how many people ask me what the hell the Black Flag sticker on my flightbag is. Funnier when I tell them what it is. Conversation usually ends when I resign myself just to say I put myself through flight school as an exterminator. Whatever...

Latest resources

Back