• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Punk rock pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FordRChris that must be Danny Vapid right? ive read that he goes to Italy a lot, Screeching Weaseol did a cover of The Mandes, a cool Italian pop punk band.So you live in Chicago? I met Kris Roe from Teh Ataris after a show in texas, bvefore they became big, he was cool, some girls were asking for his autograph (and they werent on MTV or the radio yet) and after that i asked him why he would give out his autograph, that if he didnt think that was kind of silly, he said yes but you know, theyre asking for it etc...

Daveman: Angry Samoans is a cool bad, or was....all the bands you mention are pretty good, old school baby...

anyway, check out this siute www.spazzys.com its a beautiful pop punk girl trio from Australia, you can watch 3 video,s they soune great,a mix of Ramones,Queers,Gogos.....poppy punk.ANd theres MArky Rmone in one of the videos, and the vocalist Kat, im in love with her!

Fernando said:
FordRChris that must be Danny Vapid right? ive read that he goes to Italy a lot, Screeching Weaseol did a cover of The Mandes, a cool Italian pop punk band.So you live in Chicago? I met Kris Roe from Teh Ataris after a show in texas, bvefore they became big, he was cool, some girls were asking for his autograph (and they werent on MTV or the radio yet) and after that i asked him why he would give out his autograph, that if he didnt think that was kind of silly, he said yes but you know, theyre asking for it etc...

Mass(imiliano) Giorgini. I live in Lafayette, IN as I attend Purdue... Kris Roe is a cool guy, but I really want to know where he got his tattoos because they're so crisp.

Oh yeah Mass Giorgini, he has produced a lot of good albums, he used to play in Squirtgun, the guy from the Ataris is also from Indiana i believe....as well as Sloppy Seconds, a very cool band,

Love this thread!

All I can say is that SoCal early eighties was punk rock heaven. Social D, DIs, X, Black Flag, Circle Jerks, the list goes on.

My personal favorite gig from back then was DK at Florentine Gardens in 1980. F'ing awsome!

Who out there is an Indie 103 listener?

Hi, now that we are talking about punk rock and all, heres a question for you, we flew the boss and his family, some relative of him picked us all up at the FBO and gave us a ride to the hotel, there was some small talk and it turned to music, and the relatives daughter whos like 13 yrs old, and the boss son, who is like 9 yrs old, both said they liked Green Day and punk bands, and then i was asked what did i listened to, and it felt pretty weird to answer that actually i listened to the same bands those little kids did, so i just said i liked rock music.What would have you answered? any advice....

I've got teenagers. A lot of the stuff they listen to is reminiscent of the 80's punk genre. Kinda like hemlines and tie-widths.

Interesting times in music, the 80's. I remember the Wendy O. Williams (Plasmatics) comment that they were going to stop producing music because the popularity they had gained was offensive to the spirit of Punk.

Best punk I ever saw/heard was a local band in Phoenix called "Our Neighbors Suck." They held an impromptu concert in a park. Everyone was slamming, the music was loud and chaotic. Some bikers were obseving from the fringes. One of the bikers walked up and said something to one of the guys in the slamming ring. Apparently the comment had to do with the style of dance as it relates to sexual orientation. The biker and his friends found themselves slam dancing; to their regret. The band played on without missing a beat, there was a very subtle temporary shift in the dancing, the bikers staggered away carrying their wounded.

Last edited:
its always funny when "outisders" try to fit in and slamdance, usually they dont know how its done and sometimes theres a fight staring because of them....

Check out Drag. They're a fairly new band coming out of SoCal. (Individually they did some good stuff from Pretty Boy Floyd to the Newlydeads). They remind me of early 90s kind of stuff... They're pretty good. (Okay, I'm biased as the drummer is one of my best friends)...

http://www.dragmusic.com/

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back