• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Punk rock pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
sbav8r, i love ALL. Their song "shes my ex" has to be one of the best ever! "miranda" "breaking up" "million bucks" man, besides they kinda invented pop punk!!! And Descendents "silly girl" man its such a classic

By the way, in Spain in the 80s there was this band called LOS NIKIS.They werent punk rock, they were more melodic pop, with funny lyrics, kinda like Dead Milkmen or somehting, but with a nice melodic power pop sound, their vocalist became a pilot an is now an Airbus captain with IBERIA Airlines, http://www.losnikis.com/nikis-fotos.html
there you can se epics of them playing, an one of the guy in the Airbus cockpit at Amsterdam.....theres also one of the same guy haning out with Joey Ramone!

Wow, glad I stumbled upon this thread! I was in a youthcrew hardcore band back in high school in Richmond, Va, and we got to play with bands like

Warzone
Strife
C.I.V. (Members from Gorilla Biscuits)

We had a song on the Raybeez(Warzone singer) tribute album, also. Those days were the best!

The bands I still listen to now:

Hot Water Music (favorite)
Alkaline Trio
Chain of Strength
Bold
Ignite
Shelter
Better than a Thousand
Pinback
Bloc Party (new)
Interpol
The Black Keys

And someone else mentioned songs about/with plane themes - there are alot of new emo/pop punk bands with aviation themed names these days!

Burning Airlines
Planes Mistaken for Stars
Autopilot Off
Death from Above 1979
Idiot Pilot

"With all my happiness aborted, the PA painfully starts boarding
I sink deep, thirty thousand feet, into my window seat electric chair."

Ah, Interpol, one of the new crop of bands from NY. I went to their show a few months ago here in FLL, really good live act. I don't know if they would be considered punk...well, maybe new wave punk? They sound a little like the Cure.

http://www.interpolnyc.com

Also saw The Strokes live in Boca about 3 years ago, one of the best shows I've been to.

At work this morning, I'm listening to ...

Whale (remember them?)
Rancid
Ramones
Beasties
Green Day
Warren Zevon

It's a good day. :)

Minh

Foo Fighters 1st album

Today Foo Fighters are kind of cheesy and poppy but I just downloaded their (David Grohl's) album, and can't believe how good it sounds even 10 years after its release in 1995. The 1st album rocked, it sounds so raw....then it all turned to cheese after that.

I always thought NKOTB was one of the more hardcore bands from the 80s. "Hangin' Tough" rocked, man that was the penultimate punk anthem of that era. The pit could be a dangerous place to be when they took the stage :)

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back