PSA offered 900's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Beantown said:
I agree they would be keeping them from Mesa, at the same time setting a new low by flying them at an average of $2 LESS then a Mesa CA. (and the Mesa contract is up next yr).

I don't think these airplanes are going to Mesa no matter what. Hold strong and I think PSA gets them and a better payrate to go with it. My 2 cents. -Bean

Mesa is the only other place they can go and it would be so easy for them to do just that. Also, the PSA 700 rates are better than the Mesa 900 rates.

Mesa is the only other place they can go and it would be so easy for them to do just that. Also, the PSA 700 rates are better than the Mesa 900 rates.

Maybe the Capt's rates are...But have you looked at the F/O pay rate?
Can you imagine flying a 90 seat airplane for $21.85 and hour. If you don't see something wrong with that then you must be management. Have you non reved lately? Everything is full. I am tired of subsidizing ticket prices with my salary. $5 raise for F/O's or a NO vote is in order!

ex j-41 said:
Maybe the Capt's rates are...But have you looked at the F/O pay rate?
Can you imagine flying a 90 seat airplane for $21.85 and hour. If you don't see something wrong with that then you must be management. Have you non reved lately? Everything is full. I am tired of subsidizing ticket prices with my salary. $5 raise for F/O's or a NO vote is in order!

I don't disagree with you, but here we are:-(
And, no I am most definately not management, just a disillusioned realist. By the way, where are they paying 21.85/hour? I'll have to send my friends there!

mamba20 said:
And meanwhile you have no idea what your doing for the future of this career. You selling out now is only going to hurt you in the end. How many thousands of pilots with PIC are trying to get on at a real company? And you think going to MESA and getting 1000 PIC is going to make you a diamond in the ruff?

This is a ********************ty time for this industry and the only way we are going to have a career that is worth anything in the future is to not subscribe to this crap now! Vote NO!!! dont do it! Dont go to Mesa, your screwing all of us and yourself in the end! There is more to this then just PIC time, think about your career 20 years down the road. I promise you that if people keep this up you'll make more money picking peaches then flying an airplane.

You think that just refusing the flying is going to fix the problem? The clear problem is that there are too many pilots and not enough jobs....pilots are a dime a dozen now....that being said.....you got to fly to have a chance in this career and letting unions dictate how you want to pursue a career is rediculous. Dont let them bully and take a job if you can get one and dont worry about the pay today....it will come.

rsspilot said:
Dont let them bully and take a job if you can get one and dont worry about the pay today....it will come.

Not as long as tools like you are in this profession.

First off, you have no idea what my experience is. I've updated my profile ONCE in 3.5 years.

Second, as long as you make it profitable to fly big airplanes at the "regionals", management will find a way to shift the flying to them.

The implication that if we fck ourselves now we will be rewarded later is idiotic.

jayme said:
First off, you have no idea what my experience is. I've updated my profile ONCE in 3.5 years.

Second, as long as you make it profitable to fly big airplanes at the "regionals", management will find a way to shift the flying to them.

The implication that if we fck ourselves now we will be rewarded later is idiotic.

Again, I don't disagree with you about how things should be, just how they are, and you are not going to change today's realities.
Long term goals have to be a national ALPA rate for the number of seats flown and a return to brand scope.
It is not going to happen tomorrow, hopefully sometime soon, and ALPA will have to be the driving force!

Latest resources

Back