• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

PSA offered 900's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
GO JETFO!!!, you all should see what he wrote on "PSA 900's invisible scabs" well wrote, nobody here really see's the big picture. Big boys at PSA going to turn it down, and MESA scoops it up and laughs right in our face while a avg. 35 year old FO at PSA is seat locked for the rest of his career, and while a 23 year old fresh out of MESA camp is a Captain on a fresh new 900,,,,thanks PSA, you sure showed them!

Get those F%%cking airframes on the property, fly them under those payrates for 1 year and then it's contract negotiation time, we'll have a hell of alot more power with 70 jets on hand then our 49 with 35 disposable 200's that Parker doesn't want anymore....no that's thinking smart!

OK.....I'm putting myself on the firing range here......here goes.......I VOTE YES!!!!!!!!!!!

who is who?

Like the Jerry Springer show, the crowd looking on has the 'imaginary" high moral ground. Never argue with a dummy. The longer you do it, the harder and harder it gets to distinguish who is who.

By the way, where are they paying 21.85/hour? I'll have to send my friends there!

JetFO...

You talk like you know so much about this industry and right under your nose is all the info. PSA pilots are flying CRJ 700's for $21.85/hr. That equates to $340 a week after tax. It is discusting. How in the world can we accept poverty rates for a bigger airplane. They are insulting me and every pilot by offering us this crap. Send the airplanes to Mesa i am not interested.

Just remember kids, US Airways is now posting profits. You've all seen what the CLT terminal has looked like this last year. Packed wall to wall with paying passengers. There is absolutely no reason why a respectable -900 payrate can't be developed.

we'll have a hell of alot more power with 70 jets on hand then our 49 with 35 disposable 200's that Parker doesn't want anymore....no that's thinking smart!

What makes you think we don't have any leverage? If mesa gets the jets then Mesa gets some of the profit. US Aiways is in the business of flying people from A to B. Why get someone else to do the job for you when it is your name on the airplanes?
Nothing says that we cannot negotiate a fair wage for the airplanes. If we just sign on the bottom line it means that we did not "Negotiate" at all. They gave us a starting point and it is up to us to make it better. Just blindly signing is like being FRENCH and giving up! Your not french are you?

Clipper_Aurora said:
GO JETFO!!!, you all should see what he wrote on "PSA 900's invisible scabs" well wrote, nobody here really see's the big picture. Big boys at PSA going to turn it down, and MESA scoops it up and laughs right in our face while a avg. 35 year old FO at PSA is seat locked for the rest of his career, and while a 23 year old fresh out of MESA camp is a Captain on a fresh new 900,,,,thanks PSA, you sure showed them!

Get those F%%cking airframes on the property, fly them under those payrates for 1 year and then it's contract negotiation time, we'll have a hell of alot more power with 70 jets on hand then our 49 with 35 disposable 200's that Parker doesn't want anymore....no that's thinking smart!

OK.....I'm putting myself on the firing range here......here goes.......I VOTE YES!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you Clipper, but like you said, they just don't get it.

These people are idealist who want to change the world and think they can. Well, at 23 I thought I could change the world too. Now I have learned you don't change the world, you adapt to changes.

If the senior guys at PSA turn it down, it will be at their own peril. The FOs will just continue to leave in droves, as will the junior captains that can leave to greener pastures. But, like you said, PSA is not a viable company with 49 aircraft, 35 of which are uneconomical 50 seaters that everyone, including Parker, wants to get rid of.

Well see if cooler and more reasoned heads will prevail.

As far as the Piedmont guys on this thread, you guys don't even have a dog in this fight! Even if PSA declines the offer, you guys won't get them, they'll go to Mesa or GJet.

The hope for the future of Piedmont is that you guys may get Q400s in the future and get some growth.

ex j-41 said:
JetFO...

You talk like you know so much about this industry and right under your nose is all the info. PSA pilots are flying CRJ 700's for $21.85/hr. That equates to $340 a week after tax. It is discusting. How in the world can we accept poverty rates for a bigger airplane. They are insulting me and every pilot by offering us this crap. Send the airplanes to Mesa i am not interested.

Yeah, that will show them!

And, probably land you on the street, begging for a job at Mesa!

Latest resources

Back