• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

PSA offered 900's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Where is the proof that PSA has even been offered 900's? I haven't heard anything about AWAC turning down 900's. Last I heard is that our company wanted to swap out 50 seaters for 900's if we had a home for the 200's. That is why we are really working hard on getting the Midwest flying.

JohnyChimpo22 said:
Where is the proof that PSA has even been offered 900's? I haven't heard anything about AWAC turning down 900's. Last I heard is that our company wanted to swap out 50 seaters for 900's if we had a home for the 200's. That is why we are really working hard on getting the Midwest flying.
I would imgine that by "our company" you are a AWAC guy your self? Either way, it is official. I haven't seen anything posted outside the internal company website, but our MEC has posted an offical proposal as well as a memo from Scott Kirby with details of the plans. It's real. AWAC wasn't offered anything as of now.

jayme said:
So when do the leases on the 50s expire? I'm asking you jetfo and PropPiedmont.

10 of the CRJ 200s can be returned without penalty. This was part of the agreement between GECAS and US Airways before exiting the last bankruptcy. I believe there was a deadline set that returns must me done by and I'll have to look it up. Off the top of my head I want to say it was by the summer of 2006.

The next step for PSA negotiations will go somewhat like this:

Management will say, "If the PSA pilot group doesn't agree to fly the -900 at current payrates then that is just fine."

Next they'll say, "Due to current economic conditions and the continued rise in the price of oil, we have determined that operating a fleet of 50 seat RJs is no longer economically viable. Starting next month PSA will begin returning CRJ 200s to the lessor."

And lastly, "The CRJ-900 flying is still available for PSA to secure. In order to prevent the furlough of half of our pilot group it is strongly recommended that we bid on this flying at our current rates. Your job security and futures are in your own hands, we know you will do what you think is right and best for the pilot group as a whole."

Did you know that Bombardier is expanding the CRJ 900 so it will sit 100 passengers? We might even get those airplanes. The agreement offered to us was for CRJ 900's, did not say anything about the amount of passengers we will carry. So we could be flying 100 people not just 90. ALPA needs to have language that states that our pay is based on airplane type AND number of passengers carried.

Let PSA return their airplanes to the lessor...They won't be able to finance another airplane again. Not only that but Parker said himself that 50 seat airplanes are impossible to get rid of. Looks like flying them is better than them sitting in the desert while still making payments. We have ground to stand on, grow a spine and stand up for whats right!

10 of the CRJ 200s can be returned without penalty. This was part of the agreement between GECAS and US Airways before exiting the last bankruptcy. I believe there was a deadline set that returns must me done by and I'll have to look it up. Off the top of my head I want to say it was by the summer of 2006.

Yes no penalty if traded on 700's.

Parker wants the 200's gone, little ole PSA will be gone as well if no jets arrive to expand and make it a real player in this game, we should feel lucky that Parker and boys want to spend the money on the airframes and keep it in house, instead of sending it somewhere else. 1......1 year we have to fly those things for the same cash and then it is contract time, don't you get it....give a little now, take alot later when PSA is painted on the planes and in the air.....WAIT WAIT I know what your going to say (crying voice) "I have already given a little" if you don't like it LEAVE!

Not like it really matters to anyone but once we decline the jets, I leave and many other senior FO's leave and all you big time Captains keep performing IOE flights with your 600-700 hour boys and girls, enjoy

I could tell you a thing or two about that line of reasoning...

18 month agreement? 35 months and counting here at SkyWest!

What is this One Year stuff? The memo said that the pay change will happen when our contract expires. 2009. 2011 if management stalls contract talks.

What is to stop Parker from getting rid of the 200's anyway? Then we are in exactly the same spot but flying bigger airplanes for low pay.
Just with more slotted J4J's. So we all just might move back in seniority.
We need guarentees. Better Hotels, better QOL, better schedules, not like the 7hr, 3 day i start tomorrow. Then we will talk!

Well, I just listened to the PSA code-a-phone. Its true, you were offered 900's. Well there goes the 900 pay scale. If you guys accept those aircraft under your current payscales, you will be no better than Mesa. Grow Balls and if it goes to a vote, vote NO! AWAC doesn't want them unless we get the BAE-146 payscale moved over, please set the bar high.

Latest resources

Back