• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Profiling

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My post was not meant to offend anyone. If you have been offended, you need to learn to relax. I honestly don't care who you are or what you look like...until you continually come to my house and kick my dog every week. Then I begin to get suspicious. Furthermore, if a large group of Middle Eastern males in their 20s and 30s are the ones kicking my dog every week, I would expect the cops to be a little more concerned with that ethnic group.

Look, in America, you are not allowed to be searched by law enforcement without reasonable cause. EXCEPT in airports. In U.S. airports, citizens instantly give up that right. But profiling would hurt feelings. WTF

ohplease! said:
aww, poor baby. got a little bit of a complex about being a black pilot? maybe you should go play basketball so nobody will pick on you.

try just being a PILOT and drop the black complex. You're giving the rest of the black guys a bad rap.

Shut up you Tool. Find another Joke to b!tch about. If you can't take jokes, you're in the wrong business.

What are the alternatives?? Your going to have to do some sort of profiling...it sucks but thats the way it is. If they had profiled on 9/11 we wouldnt be where we are now...And i know some of the airport security personel we're suspicious..but not enough to profile...only if they had.

kmox29

STOP saying middle eastern. What happened in London was done by three British citizens originally from PAKISTAN and PAKISTAN IS NOT PART OF THE MIDDLE EAST. Please get you geography together man.

Start profiling anyone that looks brown?

Do you know how many brown people there are in world, flying every day? Just going by the definition of "being brown," you're including many in the middle east, Pakistan/India, southeast Asia... that's what? At least 40% of the world population?

If the US starts to openly profile all brown people, then everything that this country was built on, and its values, go right down the hole. What will it be? The land of the free, free press, free right to speech, free everything.... as long as you're not brown.

Do you realize that many brown people that you see wearing turbans aren't even muslim? They're a totally different religion, and they're called sikhs.

Yes, there are some brown guys that are bad. But there are sooooo many others who are decent, outstanding citizens... not just in the US but all across the world.

"Punishing" an entire race of people for the actions of a few lunatics is pure lunacy itself. Remember the Japanese internment camps? Was that fair?

And btw, I think those 3 terrorists that have been caputred... they're actually British citizens, born in the UK. Their background (parents) were Pakistani.

Last edited:
Flyer1015 said:
Start profiling anyone that looks brown?

Do you know how many brown people there are in world, flying every day? Just going by the definition of "being brown," you're including many in the middle east, Pakistan/India, southeast Asia... that's what? At least 40% of the world population?

If the US starts to openly profile all brown people, then everything that this country was built on, and its values, go right down the hole. What will it be? The land of the free, free press, free right to speech, free everything.... as long as you're not brown.

Do you realize that many brown people that you see wearing turbans aren't even muslim? They're a totally different religion, and they're called sikhs.

Yes, there are some brown guys that are bad. But there are sooooo many others who are decent, outstanding citizens... not just in the US but all across the world.

"Punishing" an entire race of people for the actions of a few lunatics is pure lunacy itself. Remember the Japanese internment camps? Was that fair?

And btw, I think those 3 terrorists that have been caputred... they're actually British citizens, born in the UK. Their background (parents) were Pakistani.

Yeah, that pretty much covers it. If "brown" people are commiting 95% of worldwide terrorism, then profile "brown" people. Do you remember when crewmembers started haveing to go through security everywhere? That, as I remember, was one of the by products of the ex Fed-Ex guy who hijacked the Fed-Ex plane. So they started profiling pilots.

Yes, there are many many more fine upstanding "brown" people in the world than there are that commit acts of terror. But that's just really too bad, isn't it? But the fact remains that the VAST majority of terrorist acts in the last 20 years have been committed by "middle eastern" males, or those who "look" middle eastern. As long as that is the case, then we need to profile them.

Thats right 4 BRITS blew up the london underground. Born and Raised in Britain, none were Middle-Eastern (they were of Pakistani descent, you know one of our closest allies in the war on terror!), and one was from JAMAICAN descent.
Most suicide bombing are committed by the Thamil Tigers, they are not Muslim and not Middle Eastern amd they not only invented the suicide vest but have carried out way more suicide bombings than any other group.
Its funny I can go down to my local Irish Pub and see a whole wall honoring the IRA and IRA terrorist bombers, Imagine a Middle Eastern deli homoring the PLO and Palestinean bombers.
Oh well I gues there is some truth to the old saying "one mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter!"
As far as profiling goes most Americans are to ignorant of other religons, races, and cultures to do an effective job, they would just round up all the "brown skinned ragheads" mostly harrasing Indians and Sikhs. Most of our own CIA agent focusing on Mid-East terror couldnt tell the difference between the various sects of Islam or know of even the history of any of the internal conflicts they may share,

atrdriver said:
Yeah, that pretty much covers it. If "brown" people are commiting 95% of worldwide terrorism, then profile "brown" people. Do you remember when crewmembers started haveing to go through security everywhere? That, as I remember, was one of the by products of the ex Fed-Ex guy who hijacked the Fed-Ex plane. So they started profiling pilots.

Yes, there are many many more fine upstanding "brown" people in the world than there are that commit acts of terror. But that's just really too bad, isn't it? But the fact remains that the VAST majority of terrorist acts in the last 20 years have been committed by "middle eastern" males, or those who "look" middle eastern. As long as that is the case, then we need to profile them.

First, I appreciate that you kept cool about the whole topic, and didn't go off calling me a crazy liberal or something :)

Are you sure it was the Fedex incident that caused all crew members to go through security? I thought it was that US Airways or PSA employee who was in a BAE-146... he got fired, so while on the plane, he shot his boss, the two pilots, and then crashed the plane. I believe that was the one.

Any way, I can certainly appreciate your viewpoint, and don't get me wrong, I can see where you are coming from.

However, as with any political topic, there are both sides who believe in different things.

s.o.sJTB said:
Thats right 4 BRITS blew up the london underground. Born and Raised in Britain, none were Middle-Eastern (they were of Pakistani descent, you know one of our closest allies in the war on terror!), and one was from JAMAICAN descent.
Most suicide bombing are committed by the Thamil Tigers, they are not Muslim and not Middle Eastern amd they not only invented the suicide vest but have carried out way more suicide bombings than any other group.
Its funny I can go down to my local Irish Pub and see a whole wall honoring the IRA and IRA terrorist bombers, Imagine a Middle Eastern deli homoring the PLO and Palestinean bombers.
Oh well I gues there is some truth to the old saying "one mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter!"
As far as profiling goes most Americans are to ignorant of other religons, races, and cultures to do an effective job, they would just round up all the "brown skinned ragheads" mostly harrasing Indians and Sikhs. Most of our own CIA agent focusing on Mid-East terror couldnt tell the difference between the various sects of Islam or know of even the history of any of the internal conflicts they may share,

And again I ask, how many acts of terror did the IRA commit outside of the British Isles? They were not out to kill everyone in the world that wasn't Irish Catholic. I'm not condoning what the IRA did, but there is a difference between them and Islamic terrorists.

s.o.sJTB said:

Ditto to everything. But remeber that Pakistan's President Musharrif has helped and they have caputred many top level al - Qaeda players. How many times has it been on tv that we hear that, "so and so al qaeda operative was captured by Pakistani autorities?"

Latest resources

Back