Profiling

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
atrdriver said:
But the fact remains that the VAST majority of terrorist acts in the last 20 years have been committed by "middle eastern" males, or those who "look" middle eastern. As long as that is the case, then we need to profile them.

Where do you get those facts??? Where did you do your research on world wide terrorist attacks? Or are you just speaking with no real research or data to back up your "facts". Do you just listen to the radio and spout off the facts that some right wing loudmouth on the AM dial, or have you actually did some investigating to back up your misguided accusations? I will say that most terrorist attacks commited by Islamic Fascists tend to be more spectacular, yet most deaths and acts of terror are perpetrated by groups with non Islamic agendas and they are not of Mid-Eastern descent, but most dont know that in the U.S. since thats not what FOX says.

atrdriver said:
And again I ask, how many acts of terror did the IRA commit outside of the British Isles? They were not out to kill everyone in the world that wasn't Irish Catholic. I'm not condoning what the IRA did, but there is a difference between them and Islamic terrorists.

The goal of these islamic radical terrorists is NOT to kill everyone who isn't muslim.

Ha! They're so insane in their own views, they are killing other muslims everyday in Iraq.... suicide bombers blowing themselves outside of police stations.

They use religion in the name of their political games. PLO wants Palestine free, Israel gone. 9/11 attacks came out with a message in those anhtrax letters.... death to America, death to Israel.

These terrorists are all political... they don't like our foreign policy, they don't like Israel, they don't like us helping Israel, and they don't like our troops in the middle east.

Last edited:
It is utterly amazing that one side of this debate has so controlled the language that we can't see or speak the truth. That truth is one is not profiled based on who he is - he is profiled based on who the terrorists are.

atrdriver said:
And again I ask, how many acts of terror did the IRA commit outside of the British Isles? They were not out to kill everyone in the world that wasn't Irish Catholic. I'm not condoning what the IRA did, but there is a difference between them and Islamic terrorists.

The IRA didnt need to focus there agression outside of the British Isles, the British were the only ones they felt were oppressing them, dosent make since for the IRA to bomb Spain now does it?
The targets of Islamic terrorists arent random, they are going after specific nationalities and countries, countries they feel have oppressed them in their own homelands, so they have brought the war and their aggression to those shores. Not trying to justify their actions just stating the facts.

s.o.sJTB said:
The IRA didnt need to focus there agression outside of the British Isles, the British were the only ones they felt were oppressing them, dosent make since for the IRA to bomb Spain now does it?
The targets of Islamic terrorists arent random, they are going after specific nationalities and countries, countries they feel have oppressed them in their own homelands, so they have brought the war and their aggression to those shores. Not trying to justify their actions just stating the facts.

Exactly. Have their ever been islamic terrorist acts in China? Japan? South America? Central America? etc. etc.

The terrorists made it clear they would attack those helped the US in the war on terror (in Iraq).

They hit Spain, and sadly, Spain pulled out of Iraq (scoring a "victory" to the terrorists).

Now they hit London. :(

Black Water Dog said:
It is utterly amazing that one side of this debate has so controlled the language that we can't see or speak the truth. That truth is one is not profiled based on who he is - he is profiled based on who the terrorists are.

Then how exactly will you profile based on who the terrorists are? It's not like a terrorist will walk around a cafe with an "I Heart Al-Qaeda" t-shirt...

Especially considering the fact that terrorists are smart, and will do all they can to blend in. Consider those 3 british citizens... they were born there, probably spoke english with no accent, etc. etc. etc.

See my previous posts.

Last edited:
ETOPS-7E7 said:
STOP saying middle eastern. What happened in London was done by three British citizens originally from PAKISTAN and PAKISTAN IS NOT PART OF THE MIDDLE EAST. Please get you geography together man.

I was posting that after reading the news report from the AP. I profoundly apologize to you for horribly insulting you and your Atlas. You can relax now. I will include Pakistan in my personal profiling database. But be rest assured, I will never think of Pakistan as located in the Middle East "man".

Hardknock said:
Why do conservatives always assume that anyone who doesn’t look like them must be a terrorist, while they blindly ignore the thousands of acts of terrorism that were committed by white males? (The IRA)

Oh yes, the IRA has hijacked hundreds, well dozens, well so they've never hijacked an airliner. Maybe they will next week, so let's let that Arab pass TSA and shake down that geeky white guy with the thick glasses.

Funny you mention the IRA. The Brits had to fight them for how long before they gave up on terror bombing? Did the Brits ever whine about an "exit strategy" from Northern Ireland? If todays liberals had been in charge of fighting the IRA, the IRA would own all of Ireland by now.

Flyer1015 said:
Then how exactly will you profile based on who the terrorists are? It's not like a terrorist will walk around a cafe with an "I Heart Al-Qaeda" t-shirt...

Assuming you are male (for sake of example) - last time you saw the doctor did you get a breast cancer exam? You are male, you didn't get the test. Congratulations, you have just been profiled. My guess is, you don't complain much about that. OTOH, a female gets the test. Doesn't mean that she has it, but those odds are much higher than yours. It's not about accusing her of having the disease, it is about having the courage and determination to be adult about the realities of the world. Not about living in some egalitarian dreamworld where past experiences and history are blithely dismissed, and absolutely no one must be inconvenienced or offended.

Latest resources

Back