• Watchers 14

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Agpilot,

Please show me where I was looking for simpathy. Not that it is any of your business, but I am not a 60 hr private pilot, and I am not planning on a job with the airlines, and "I" am not trying to get out of a DWI. If you weren't such a simple minded ass pirate sprayer, you might have refrained before giving an E sermon to someone who doesn't give a Flying F*%$ about your high and mighty opinion. All I asked for was a link to some reference material on the subject. I never once said I thought, hoped, planned, wished, or wanted to be an airline pilot. I never asked if it was possible, or if anyone knew someone who had done it before, or for any type of advice at all for that matter. Your whole reply was basically full of ASSumptions. For your information, I have about 1200 more hours than you, have a decent paying corporate/private flying job, and I don't have so much as a traffic ticket on my driving record in the past 14 years. Since you took it upon yourself to dole out some un needed/wanted advice, I'll follow your lead with this... next time you are filling your hopper with bug juice, in the hangar, with the doors closed, wear a mask you self richeous prick.

Sincerely,

Ron

more useless information

Hey now, easy on the agpilots, some of em are nice guys, and they work too damn hard to take crap like that from you.

Anyway, I think your best bet would be a letter from someone in the hiring department at a major.

Maybe you could show your attorney this thread. HA HA!

Funny how many people completely missed the intent of your post.

Best of luck.

Hey where did my cusswords go?

Heheh, hit a little nerve, did I?? Maybe you need to update your profile (since you've been on this board for so long... 5 posts now.) It shows you have 60 hours and a PPL. As for me, I would clue you in to my experience, but I can see it would fall on deaf ears, so I wont waste my time. Pirate sprayer?? Geez, surely you could come up with something more original than that one! Suffice to say I havent flown ag ops in QUITE a while, and I need to update my hours on my profile, as well. "YOU" are the one who said you needed the info to give to your attorney, so that says to me that "YOU" are the one trying to get out of a DUI, or at least get one pled down to a lesser charge. No assumptions made there, I was merely going by what you posted there, ace. As far as your hours, I couldn't give two shits less about how many hours you have, or how many more you think you have than me. That's an ASSumption on your part. Dont get in a pissin' contest with me over flight experience and pilot skills son, you'll be up past your bedtime. I've got a very nice part 91 job myself, and have had for a few years now. I havent had to fill a hopper with, how did you put it, "bug juice" (there's your intelligence showing for sure. Are you one of those tree hugging eco-weenies?) in quite a while. Didnt do it much when I WAS flying ag, that's what the loader guys are for. Lastly, as far as me being a "self-righteous prick"... oh well!!

Last edited:
Dakota Flyer said:
BAC .107

70 in a 65
tough break. Back in the day before .08 you probably might have gotten by with a written warning.

How would you describe your vehicle? All lights were working? Is it late model? What color? Is it dented and rusty or fairly newer?

4 door, 2 door, truck, SUV?

Once again, no identifying characteristics (don't need the make or model just the type)...just wondering if your vehicle was a draw.

Were there other passengers in the car?

Do you have any decals on the car, like NIN or Anti-bush or Anti-Kerry type stickers?

Did the officer make any comments about your passengers?

Was there a search of the vehicle prior to the arrest or after?

70 in 65 is pretty lame probable cause for stopping you...I was doing seven over when I passed a marked police vehicle tonight and he didn't even glance at me. He was doing 5 over and I just left my cruise set at 7 over and glided by.

FN FAL said:
tough break. Back in the day before .08 you probably might have gotten by with a written warning.

How would you describe your vehicle? All lights were working? Is it late model? What color? Is it dented and rusty or fairly newer?

4 door, 2 door, truck, SUV?

Once again, no identifying characteristics (don't need the make or model just the type)...just wondering if your vehicle was a draw.

Were there other passengers in the car?

Do you have any decals on the car, like NIN or Anti-bush or Anti-Kerry type stickers?

Did the officer make any comments about your passengers?

Was there a search of the vehicle prior to the arrest or after?

70 in 65 is pretty lame probable cause for stopping you...I was doing seven over when I passed a marked police vehicle tonight and he didn't even glance at me. He was doing 5 over and I just left my cruise set at 7 over and glided by.

Oh yeah, all VERY good reasons to let a drunk driver go, or get a legitimate charge thrown out of court. Decals on the window? Come on! Doesnt seem to matter to some of you attorney types that the driver behind the wheel is IMPAIRED and needs to be off the road... Maybe when one runs over and possibly kills one of your loved ones, you'll see the light. Then again, maybe not. Go do a few death notifications where you have to tell a wife or husband and their children that their significant other is never coming home again because they were just killed by a drunk driver and we'll see how you feel about decals on a window. By the way, 70 in a 65, however lame you may think it is, is STILL a speed violation, and is enforceable. Even if it is questioned in court, as long as the officer can document that he has stopped other violators in the same area for the same offence, it will stand. Hey, some people flip burgers while they are doing their flight training... I spent a few years as a police officer. Certified traffic radar operator, state certified in SFST (Standardized Field Sobriety Testing), DUI interdiction coordinator for my department at the time.

agpilot34 said:
Oh yeah, all VERY good reasons to let a drunk driver go, or get a legitimate charge thrown out of court.
What's a legitimate charge? The legitimacy of the charge isn't known until the facts are examined in a trial and a conviction is handed down.

I know two pilots that got DUI's tossed out because the buffoons that wrote the tickets screwed up. In another situation, I was waiting in court for my traffic ticket case and I saw a judge cuss a cop out of the courtroom for screwing up the label on a blood sample; the judge tossed the DUI case out.

Crappy police work isn't the fault of the lawyers that point this fact out in court.

Oh Dick-ota Flyer, Arent you a mature little worm... run along back to class now, Ronald, you've showed your lack of intelligence long enough.

Fn Fal- There's just as many crappy lawyers as there are crappy cops. SO, you are saying that hypothetically, someone who tests a BAC of .107 (which is legally intoxicated in my state, and has been for years) should be turned back out into the street just because maybe the arresting officer misworded a report or something? I'm not trying to justify bad police work, so dont take it wrong... If there are serious mistakes or conduct on the part of the arresting officers, there should be consequences for them. I just dont agree with competely throwing a case out of court based solely on some simple little BS technicality, like an attorney trying to prove that a person was stopped because of a decal on their window. "Why yes, your honor, the suspect did have a politically subversive decal placed in the center of his rear vehicle window, at approximately eye level, which could be considered an obstruction of driver view, but that was not the reason for the traffic stop and subsequent arrest. I observed the suspect's vehicle cross left of center 6 times within a 1 mile distance, 2 times of which the suspect's vehicle was far enough left of center to force 2 oncoming vehicles onto the shoulder of their lane to avoid contact. This was my probable cause for stopping the vehicle. Upon contacting the suspect (driver) and speaking with him, this officer detected an odor of an alcoholic beverage on or about the driver's person, and observed him to be unsteady on his feet, and his speech to be slurred and unclear..." Now, had I been this officer and misworded one sentence of that report, the driver's attorney might have gotten the charge dismissed. Doesnt excuse the fact that he was drunk and could have killed someone, and it doesnt mean that my police work was crappy or that I have it in for the man because of some hidden agenda... maybe it means that it's 3:30 in the morning, I've been on duty since 7 PM, been to 4 domestic calls, worked three accidents, and made 3 DUI arrests prior to this one, and my brain was tired when I wrote the report. What I mean is, there is a very clear difference between a minor technicality and a serious abuse of police power.

Just out of curiosity, how do you figure he could have gotten a written warning for a BAC of .107 if the charge had been made back before the .08 laws came about? .10 was the legal limit in most states before .08 came about.

Last edited:
agpilot34 said:
Just out of curiosity, how do you figure he could have gotten a written warning for a BAC of .107 if the charge had been made back before the .08 laws came about? .10 was the legal limit in most states before .08 came about.
Maybe they don't trust officer discretion in Iowa for things as small as seven thousandths of a percent.

Hmm... possibly not. I had one blow a .108 one night, and the charge stuck, but all states are different, and all courts are different. My state is notoriously strict on DUI offenders, so or prosecution rate is pretty high. We actually have two DUI charges here... .08 is the limit for DUI, then we have another charge which is Aggrevated DUI. Cant remember the limit right off the top of my head, but it is an automatic felony charge, even for a first offense.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back