• Start date
  • Watchers 14

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What was your pc for stopping the .108 driver?

agpilot34 said:
He failed to stop at a railroad grade crossing... lights were on and arms were coming down.
The dumbass...I take it you were on the leeward side of the tracks? I never seen a train that could stop in time for a crown vickie with emergency lights.

I was actually Northbound coming off a side street onto our main street, getting ready to turn Eastbound, 1 block East of the tracks. As I pulled up to the stop sign, I heard the warning bell and looked, saw the crossing lights were on, and the arms were starting down, and this idiot just flies right across eastbound, and passes right in front of me. Got him shut down 4 blocks on further east (at the time I thought I just had a grade crossing violation). Walked up on the drivers side, all prepared to give my "do you want to get yourself killed" speech, shined my light in the rear seat as I walked up, and low and behold one of his buddies (had two guys with him) was trying to hide an open longneck between his legs. Got the driver's license and insurance, told him what I stopped him for, then asked if he had consumed any alcoholic beverages that evening. First he said he had not, but both his friends had, and he was just driving them home. I asked the guy in the back seat what was in the bottle he had between his legs, and he told me it was a root beer. He hesitated when I asked him to show it to me, then lifted up a half empty Bud longneck. Anyway, they all three then admitted to drinking a few beers at a nightclub we have on the outskirts of our town, and the driver agreed to take the SFST. He passed the walk and turn, and the one leg stand, but failed the horizontal gaze nystagmus test miserably. I arrested him and he agreed to the implied consent test request, so I took him to county where we did the breath test. Blew a .109 on the first test, and a .108 on the second. I did actually cut him a break and let him park his car in the convenience store parking lot that I pulled him over in, so someone could get it the next day. Both his buddies were cool and never said a word but yes sir and no sir, so when we got to the PD, I let them call a ride. I was always pretty lenient with people as long as they were cool with me, but DUI's and drugs were just two things I had (and still have) no tolerance for.

Stop being such an arrogant Commercial Pilot Dakota Flyer,
just carry on, you came here for advise remember?
You just might be better off in a Dakota, a Piper Dakota that is..
Don't forget to notify the FAA within 60 days, 61.14(e) in case you forgot.
While I'm at it, review 61.27...that would be a good option also.:laugh:

2 DUI's? i'd not let you ride a bike, let alone fly. there is nothing more irresponsible (other than giving a 4 year old a loaded gun to play with) than driving drunk. i had a cousin who was killed by a drunk driver when she was 11. of all the irresponsible, idiotic things to do, this tops the list. so many unneccessary tragedies could be avoided. if you drive drunk, i depise your very existence. mistake or not, first time or 29th, you're horrible. i just pray that the headlights flying towards me at night on a very dark 2 lane country highway don't belong to a drunk Sonny Jim. if you hit me and you're a drunk driver, you better hope to god that i die but if i don't, you will.

Tired Soul said:
Stop being such an arrogant Commercial Pilot Dakota Flyer,
just carry on, you came here for advise remember?
You just might be better off in a Dakota, a Piper Dakota that is..
Don't forget to notify the FAA within 60 days, 61.14(e) in case you forgot.
While I'm at it, review 61.27...that would be a good option also.:laugh:

I second that. I think you need a really good lawyer dude. Why couldnt you get a diversion the first time round??? Any lawyer could have gotten you that. Try Odouls dude.

Tired soul, again, I did not ask anyone for advice. You would know that if you read the whole thread, that is if you can read. And two the last two dipshits, AGAIN, LIKE I POSTED BEFORE, I don't have one single solitairy mark on my driving record. Save your senseless rants for someone who cares. Why don't you get off your high horse yourself before someone knocks you off. For pilots, some of you sure seem to be of the un intellegent varitey.

SO LONG

i use "you" in my post in the general sense. i read the thread. i know it wasn't you. i was just voicing my distaste for imbecilic drunk drivers. that's all. and who's gonna knock me off my high horse? you? in an online forum? i'd be proud of that accomplishment. nice threat, too.

Latest resources

Back