• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Please BUY AAI!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Please do not put Piedmont in the same class as USair. Piedmont was a class operation that could have beat SWA at its own game. USair is only good at changing there name 10 times as so to ditch there bad reputation.
Wasn't always that way. 20 years ago, USAir was a great place to be. I grew up with that airline, so sad to see what it has become...

Like I said, USAir and Piedmont were two of the best airlines in the industry to work for. Obviously, some preferred one or the other, but the undeniable fact is they once were great airlines, they merged and both went way downhill.

Like I said, USAir and Piedmont were two of the best airlines in the industry to work for. Obviously, some preferred one or the other, but the undeniable fact is they once were great airlines, they merged and both went way downhill.

You are correct. Once a good airline joins with another good airline they go down hill. That is why SWA will never merge with a profitable airline. They will wait until they can buy pieces or take them when they fail and are in chapter 11.

Speak for yourself, skippy, as long as there was a no-furlough clause, I'd take the longevity pay and happily go sit reserve in MCO, MDW, wherever...

I don't think I'd be in the minority, either. Our flight crews aren't nearly as negative as you think we are, except when it comes to being the longest major airline in mediation in recent history with a management group demanding concessions after the most profitable decade of the airline's entire history.

Give us SWA's contract, a management team that didn't constantly reinterpret it to our detriment, and furlough protection? You'd see a completely changed group dynamic. Not hard to understand...

Did you really say this?

Speak for yourself, skippy, as long as there was a no-furlough clause, I'd take the longevity pay and happily go sit reserve in MCO, MDW, wherever...

I don't think I'd be in the minority, either. Our flight crews aren't nearly as negative as you think we are, except when it comes to being the longest major airline in mediation in recent history with a management group demanding concessions after the most profitable decade of the airline's entire history.

Give us SWA's contract, a management team that didn't constantly reinterpret it to our detriment, and furlough protection? You'd see a completely changed group dynamic. Not hard to understand...

Saved\forwarded before it disappears forever ;)

Holy wayback machine, Sherman! Pretty funny . . . . but if you think those comments from anonymous "pilots" almost two years ago have some sort of value today, I think you'll be disappointed.

Holy wayback machine, Sherman! Pretty funny . . . . but if you think those comments from anonymous "pilots" almost two years ago have some sort of value today, I think you'll be disappointed.

Dude. That was last December. Either way it is funny.

SWA will never merge with a company that is fairly profitable. They will wait until they can buy pieces from airlines that go into chapter 11. They would do better to grow internal. Why would they want to create a mess like US Airways.
You want to bet $1.4 Billion?

Latest resources

Back