• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Please BUY AAI!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Gonna have to agree with Kharma here. PCL has done more in a few months than all of Dicko's buddies at the NPA did in years.

You think the NPA did a great job representing and protecting the AirTran pilots? I give credit to PCL for sticking his neck out in line of fire while management, the Eastern Pariahs and the NPA Useful Idiots were out to get him and yes I've flown with him and was very impressed with his abilities as a pilot.

I missed the part where i defended the NPA. They were a corrupt group of sycophants.

The really terrifying detail is that 'your boy' chose an ex President of the NPA as the negotiating chair ... Genius.

Now what were you saying about "NPA useful idiots" ?

Your managed expectations are showing. Wanna cookie ?

dicko, you may not like PCL, but I do think he has the pilot groups best interest in mind. He may have other motives, but I think he is doing a good job. Here at AAI, union officials are sticking their necks out all the time. I will give them the benefit of the doubt until they prove me wrong.
PCL keep up the good work. We need a new contract.

Gonna have to agree with Kharma here. PCL has done more in a few months than all of Dicko's buddies at the NPA did in years.

Funny. Your reading comprehension skills are a little weak. Read the post again.

I voted for ALPA and probably walked next to you on a picket line. If you were there.

PCL's motivations disturb me. They should worry you as well.

You just embarrassed yourself.

What exactly are my "motivations," dicko? Since we've never said more than a few words to each other, I'm curious how you would know.

Thank you to the rest of you guys. Much appreciated.

What exactly are my "motivations," dicko? Since we've never said more than a few words to each other, I'm curious how you would know.

Thank you to the rest of you guys. Much appreciated.

Do a search of your posts. They do not defend your company pilots. They defend one entity. ALPA. Admittedly on a few occasions their goals are mutual however I believe ALPA is a tool. You treat it as a cult. Myopically.
Your motivation is to promote ALPA. Thankfully AirTran pilots might get to come along for the industry sub standard ride.

Regarding the thread topic. We agree that it isn't likely. If however it did occur then you would be the last person I would want representing us. You are smart and savvy. You would also rather fall on your sword than see us represented by anything other than ALPA.

You have consistently attacked SWAPA and defended ALPA. Who has more effectively defended their pilots. Care to take a poll ?

What you need to be working on is an industry leading contract. Forget 'standard'. Its not what it used to be.

Peace.

Well, you're certainly entitled to your opinion. My primary focus is the pilots of AirTran, which is exactly why I supported bringing ALPA onto the property, but if you choose to believe differently, then have at it.

Regarding a possible SWA merger, would you rather have someone fighting for a fair integration, or someone so enamored with the "LUV" that they bend over and take a staple? I would certainly hope the former, because you deserve much better than the latter, as does every AirTran pilot. It's time for AirTran pilots to stand up for themselves and demand to be treated like major airline pilots instead of some second-tier group. Major airline pilots don't deserve a staple.

As far as an "industry-leading" contract, you probably won't be happy with anything that the MEC and NC bring to you, but I'm confident that ALPA will bring back a TA that passes by 90%+. Whether it fits your definition of "industry-leading" or not isn't really the question. The question is what the pilots of AirTran want.

Have a good evening.

I missed the part where i defended the NPA. They were a corrupt group of sycophants.

The really terrifying detail is that 'your boy' chose an ex President of the NPA as the negotiating chair ... Genius.

Now what were you saying about "NPA useful idiots" ?

Your managed expectations are showing. Wanna cookie ?

You sound like a typical Useful Idiot, an individual who by attacking and undermining your own pilot group unwittingly helps management.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Useful_idiot

Last edited:
Actually, I'd take Chris Todd or Brad Dunlap as the Negotiating Chair any day of the week and twice on days that end in "Y".

Not interested in labeling, interested in knowledge, base position and what they believe in personally for a contract, and results. I don't want to elect someone who feels greatly differently than me on important issues then rely on them to "do the will of the pilot group". Much easier just to put people in office who already feel the same way the majority of us does.

That said, the only way a T.A. is going to pass is if the pay rates come up to somewhere in between ALA and JB premium pay, with work rules just as good or better as we have now, fixed SAP processes with realistic levels, fixed reserve issues with the MAJORITY of pilots on long call with realistic trigger levels to bring them into base, and TRANSPARENCY of the whole process, not to mention 50 seat or less Scope nailed down to include ANY and ALL "unique marketing agreements" and binding the holding company, as well as stopping this goofiness with the health insurance that changes every year to something worse than we have.

Otherwise, it'll die. Loudly. Painfully. And everyone knows it. Happened before, and now that everyone is even more militant, it'll happen again if something that doesn't meet ALL the above requirements comes across the table. However, if it DOES meet all of those criteria, then yes, it'll likely pass by 90+%. I think the MEC knows all of this very well, and is directing the NC appropriately for it. Therefore, I have faith that they'll bring something worth having to us. Might take all of us walking the picket lines with the company shut down for a while, but I'm you're Huckleberry... ;)

Have to disagree with u Gup. I think we set the bar for "Old and Gay". Hard to believe where we came from to this.

Latest resources

Back