• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Please BUY AAI!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well, with the exception of the outsourced near-international, I would tend to agree. I think we'll end up with a good contract, though, and still be doing just fine on the CASM.

Hard not to notice that the Skywest arrangement occurred shortly after ALPA arrived on AAI property. I would hate to think that it's a sign of things to come, via another one of those cozy "wink and a nod" relationships between airline management and ALPA.

Hard not to notice that the Skywest arrangement occurred shortly after ALPA arrived on AAI property. I would hate to think that it's a sign of things to come, via another one of those cozy "wink and a nod" relationships between airline management and ALPA.

WOW!!! Is your head so firmly planted in your ars that you actually believe that our current leadership approved of the Skywest flying?

This guys a clown who likes to speak out his ars.....best bet is to ignore him.

This guys a clown who likes to speak out his ars.....best bet is to ignore him.

I'm afraid that doesn't mean much coming from you, Counselor. For an attorney I find most of your comments here snarkish, like you've done here, and void of any real content.

You are consistent, I'll grant you that.

The timing of the Skywest deal has to do with only one thing: the current phaseout of Skywest's 12 aircraft contract with Midwest. When Skywest's contract was cancelled with Midwest (when Republic bought Midwest), Skywest had to find a new home for the airplanes. Being that no legacy needed additional 50 seat lift, Skywest offered Airtran MKE lift on a revenue prorate deal. I fully expect all 12 of Skywest's airplanes that used to fly for Midwest to be flying for Airtran in MKE by the end of 2010.

12 Skywest airplanes would represent about 2% of Airtran's total ASMs and thus be allowed per our current CBA.

But the point of this thread is still there. With all the REAL issues you guys are dealing with, why on earth wouldn't you want southwest to buy you? (that's not an egotistical question- our pilots are mostly very happy)

Sorry PCL- but you do sound like you'd only be happy at alpa

Well I will say this from a whole different angle as far as mergers go.
Back in the 80's Piedmont was one of the best airlines around, many thought the same about working for USAir. PSA was also a very good job, albeit not as secure as USAir and Piedmont. Anyway, they all merged and it was a steady downhill spiral ever since. I could never figure out why two of the more financially and operationally strongest airlines merging could create such a losing operation.

I have no objection to a merger. I think a combined SWA/Airtran would be a real domestic powerhouse. Increased profitability for the combined company would be beneficial for all the employees in the long run (as SWA is good at rewarding their employees when the company is successful).

I have no objection to a merger. I think a combined SWA/Airtran would be a real domestic powerhouse. Increased profitability for the combined company would be beneficial for all the employees in the long run (as SWA is good at rewarding their employees when the company is successful).

SWA will never merge with a company that is fairly profitable. They will wait until they can buy pieces from airlines that go into chapter 11. They would do better to grow internal. Why would they want to create a mess like US Airways. Once they merge that will be the end of SWA as everybody knows them.

Well I will say this from a whole different angle as far as mergers go.
Back in the 80's Piedmont was one of the best airlines around, many thought the same about working for USAir. PSA was also a very good job, albeit not as secure as USAir and Piedmont. Anyway, they all merged and it was a steady downhill spiral ever since. I could never figure out why two of the more financially and operationally strongest airlines merging could create such a losing operation.

Please do not put Piedmont in the same class as USair. Piedmont was a class operation that could have beat SWA at its own game. USair is only good at changing there name 10 times as so to ditch there bad reputation.

Latest resources

Back