• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacoloba bankruptcy this week

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You have to start somewhere, right? Oh, you expect the same pay and probably the same seat......within 3 years you are close to make the same, and at 5 years you pass it. You can also move up or down aircraft types, which can increase your pay depending on whether or not you are a line holder or not. If you are 61 years old, then yeah, maybe it wasn't a good move to flow up. If you were younger, that might have been a mistake. Also, if you are that old, you might be "used to" your schedule, the old guy driving the van in Alpena, and you do know the ATC freqs by heart. Anything new might be difficult. That's understandable.

Bye Bye---General Lee
OK we get it, your GOD. You gotta be the biggest fukkin retard on this planet. 16000 post on a web board and you claim to be a HEAVY driver. Most heavy drivers I know don't even know this website exist. Someone should tell your mom to limit your internet time. 16000 post!!!! How can you possibly have a job. I don't wish bad things on to many people but I really hopen you get hit by a very big truck. Mr Online GUY!!!!(Brad Paisley) Fukkin idiot.

Anybody want to know what DAL can do, check out Freedum Airlines....
They can do almost anything they want.

OK we get it, your GOD. You gotta be the biggest fukkin retard on this planet. 16000 post on a web board and you claim to be a HEAVY driver. Most heavy drivers I know don't even know this website exist. Someone should tell your mom to limit your internet time. 16000 post!!!! How can you possibly have a job. I don't wish bad things on to many people but I really hopen you get hit by a very big truck. Mr Online GUY!!!!(Brad Paisley) Fukkin idiot.

Your airline possibly going bankrupt for the second time is really stressing you out. There are plenty of heavy drivers on this website, all aviation enthusiasts. Instead of taking out your frustrations on GL, you may want to instead go buy a twelve pack of Schlitz and just mellow out, knowing you are just along for the ride. Good luck to you.

Godspeed!

OYS

I just read DL owns all 41 of Mesaba's CR9s, and it is unlikely they will come down on their lease payment reduction requests from PNCL (as read in yesterday's Aviation Daily web page article from Aviation Week). What would prevent DL from just transferring those CR9s to Gojets if they got fed up enough with PNCL? Couldn't they do that just like the CR7s from ASA and Skywest? What would those senior Mesaba guys do then if that were ever to happen? I hope it doesn't, but there's no telling if it ever would. Never get too comfortable, I learned that too.

Godspeed!

OYS

So, General, can you actually count to 41?

Anyway, what's your point exactly? Pinnacle has another 12 or 16 of the -900's as well, our senior guys got a 2.7:1 so the top 100 would be on the -900's there. Congruently, if all -900's would be parked they would just move down to the -200's... so on and so on and so on. Do you work for an airline General Lee? It seems like you are confused about the simplicity of seniority.

Besides, as the years go by and they get closer to that big 65 it's really all academic anyway. They'll be cruising around on their boat at one of the many MSP area lakes (or points beyond). What is your obsession?

If you want to deal in possibilities lets talk about something more realistic. When the Delta pilots sell out scope again, and the larger aircraft come down to a regional level like PCL, what will our top 100-115 do with the very few years remaining before retirement? Stay on the -900 and coast, or go over to an airbus type aircraft and blast around on yet another type given to us by mainline? Let's just hope that never happens. Let's face reality though, if Mainline gives up on scope the airbuses will be going to Mesa and GoJet's because they are cheapest.

Anyway, bye for now General.

OYS

If Mainline gives up on scope, somehow I feel they will do as NWA did. They started another airline to launch the EMB 175. Compass bypassed the super senior MEsaba pilots that flew the Avro (which I think the EMB 175 replaced). With Compass they had everyone on year 1 pay. Heck their most senior are still only on year 4 pay (5) while Pinnacle is paying 20 year guys to fly the 900. I hope the 100 seat scope holds strong-otherwise I will be applying at some start up regional that everyone will call scab work since Pinnacle is pretty much screwed from here on out

If Mainline gives up on scope, somehow I feel they will do as NWA did. They started another airline to launch the EMB 175. Compass bypassed the super senior MEsaba pilots that flew the Avro (which I think the EMB 175 replaced). With Compass they had everyone on year 1 pay. Heck their most senior are still only on year 4 pay (5) while Pinnacle is paying 20 year guys to fly the 900. I hope the 100 seat scope holds strong-otherwise I will be applying at some start up regional that everyone will call scab work since Pinnacle is pretty much screwed from here on out

Yeah, not a bad plan or prediction. Unfortunately, thanks to Phil, this ride is gonna be a short one. Too bad Delta hitched us up to a falling star.

"Pinnacle saved us!"

Yeah, not a bad plan or prediction. Unfortunately, thanks to Phil, this ride is gonna be a short one. Too bad Delta hitched us up to a falling star.

"Pinnacle saved us!"

It's called high gas, inefficient RJs, and not enough EAS money to cover SAAB routes. Some of the routes from MSP had an average of 6 or 7 passengers per flight to the those cities. That's NOT GOOD. What would Mesaba be without 50 seat RJs, Saabs, and the 40 or so CRJ-900s that Delta actually owns? Not much. Analysts are starting to say that AA Eagle may go down to 55 total planes by 2015. If that doesn't say something, then nothing does. PNCL did save you. Unfortunately some of those cities you served would be better served by PC12s flown by Seaport Air, or C402s flown by Cape Air. And don't blame Delta for that, it's called economics. This is where it would have been good for you guys to negotiate some sort of scope provisions.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Some of the routes from MSP had an average of 6 or 7 passengers per flight to the those cities. That's NOT GOOD.

Bye Bye---General Lee

EAS pays the same per flight, regardless of the total PAX on board. Completion factor is the name of the game for EAS, not seats sold.

Great Lakes and SkyWest, and NWA have/had been masters of this for decades. Delta just needed to bid the EAS high enough to make it work. They just don't don't like Delta paint on ' dem prop jobs.'

moron.

Latest resources

Back