• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacoloba bankruptcy this week

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Speaking of smoking, what the hell are you smoking? Oh wait, I don't want to know.

At least your other posts are in a coherent, yet retarded thought. That last one was hilarious. You are getting so mad that you forgot which personality you were posting under.

Trust me I would never stress about anything on a web board, especially from you.
I find your posts amusing, but you need to be called out on this one.
So I will ask one more time:

How exactly do regionals (who have no control over anything) scope flying from delta?

Still waiting.....Send one of your other personalities if need be.

Factual error

Looks like he is a lot smarter than you are, he's not at Mesaba/Pinnacle. You're in for some turbulent times coming up here. Comair was owned by Delta during their strike, and they could have gotten better scope had they fought for it, but as Lee states they went for the money, which was cut later in BK.

Godspeed!

OYS

Comair was not owned by Delta during their strike.

Speaking of smoking, what the hell are you smoking? Oh wait, I don't want to know.

At least your other posts are in a coherent, yet retarded thought. That last one was hilarious. You are getting so mad that you forgot which personality you were posting under.

Trust me I would never stress about anything on a web board, especially from you.
I find your posts amusing, but you need to be called out on this one.
So I will ask one more time:

How exactly do regionals (who have no control over anything) scope flying from delta?

Still waiting.....Send one of your other personalities if need be.

Alright, I return to answer your dumb post. Comair was owned by DL, but they should have fought for DCI flying, percentage wise, in their CVG hub. Not DL flying, DCI flying. Problem was they never thought they would be nearly pushed out of CVG, into JFK, and then into DTW. They had a shot to fight for it, they were negotiating directly with their owner after their strike, DL.

Godspeed!

OYS

Pinnacle Airlines Corp. (PNCL), the regional carrier that flies for Delta Air Lines Inc. (DAL) and others, has a “high probability” of filing for bankruptcy, according to a Maxim Group LLC analyst.
“We do not see any indicator of a significant turnaround over the next 12 months” and Pinnacle may run out of cash first, the New York-based analyst, Ray Neidl, wrote in a note to clients today. Pinnacle had $82 million in unrestricted cash on Sept. 30, according to a company statement on Nov. 3.
Pinnacle said on Dec. 8 it was seeking concessions from airline partners, aircraft lessors, debt holders and employees to lower costs. The Memphis, Tennessee-based carrier hired Seabury Group LLC, Barclays Capital (BARC) and the law firm Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP to help with those efforts. The airline fell 23 percent that day in Nasdaq trading, the most in almost three years.
The shares slid 8.9 percent to 97 cents at 4 p.m. in New York trading, extending the drop so far this year to 88 percent. Pinnacle declined to comment on its plans beyond the remarks in its Dec. 8 statement, a company spokesman, Joe Williams, said today in an e-mail.
Neidl, who made a “sell’ recommendation on Pinnacle, began his career in the aviation industry at American Airlines, where he held financial and planning positions, according to Maxim’s website. He has since covered the industry for two decades as an analyst, and was co-author of ‘‘Airline Odyssey: The Airline Industry’s Turbulent Flight into the Future” (McGraw-Hill, 1995).
Cost Dispute
The company relied on Delta for 75 percent of its revenue for the nine months ended Sept. 30, and 20 percent came from United Continental Holdings Inc., (UAL) according to a regulatory filing.
Pinnacle and Delta have disputed whether certain costs for maintaining aircraft costs must be reimbursed by Delta. Pinnacle posted $4.5 million less in revenue in the first nine months of this year as a result of the disagreement and a “tentative settlement,” according to a regulatory filing.
The company also had higher crew costs such as overtime pay and overnight hotel bills. In part, that’s because schedule changes by Delta increased expenses by $12.7 million in the first nine months of 2011. Pinnacle had a net loss of $8.8 million in that period, compared with a profit of $17 million a year earlier.
Pinnacle operated 141 planes for Delta as of December 2010, while its Colgan unit operated 46 planes for United and nine aircraft for US Airways Group Inc., (LCC) according to Pinnacle’s annual report.
To contact the reporter on this story: Mary Jane Credeur in Atlanta at [email protected].
To contact the editor responsible for this story: Ed Dufner at [email protected].

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-...lity-of-bankruptcy-maxim-says.html?cmpid=yhoo

Aviation Daily said DL owned 41 CR9s used by Mesaba. Now they are at PNCL, but those particular planes are probably still owned by DL.

Godspeed!

OYS

I'm talking about the originals airplanes that are bought by Pinnacle when they had the agreement with Delta in 2007, This doesn't count the orignal 36 from NWA and the rest that came from Freedom.

MEMPHIS, TN, Apr 30, 2007 (MARKET WIRE via COMTEX News Network) -- Pinnacle Airlines Corp. (NASDAQ: PNCL) ("Pinnacle") announced today that it has entered into a new capacity purchase agreement with Delta Air Lines to operate 16 CRJ-900 aircraft as a Delta Connection carrier. Pinnacle currently expects that the aircraft will be operated by its wholly owned regional jet subsidiary, Pinnacle Airlines, Inc.

Under the agreement, Pinnacle will directly acquire and finance the aircraft. Pinnacle will take delivery of the aircraft between November 2007 and July 2008, with scheduled service as a Delta Connection carrier beginning in December 2007. The term of the agreement is for ten years.

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=131072&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=992693&highlight=

Latest resources

Back