Pinnacoloba bankruptcy this week

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
General Lee; said:
I still remember ASA guys jumping up and down when Delta bought ASA, thinking they would just blend in, DOH. One of their Captains was on our jumpseat, and he stated he had enough seniority to be a DL MD11 FO. We all laughed.

Bye Bye---General Lee

We've heard you say that about 10 times. We get it. You're a ******************************.

A good chunk of the upper seniority list of regional airlines are lifetime losers. They think making $95k living in MSP or MEM is great, and they enjoy being the big fish in the small, polluted, little pond. Delta isn't missing much with these guys.

some guys really can't afford the jump being that they are in the middle of family events etc etc. Some aren't losers just not in a position to not only take a huge pay cut but sit reserve 1000 miles away for the foreseeable future missing life events etc etc. there's more to life then money and flying big metal around

Yep I'm sure all the Pinn boys will jump on the ALPO Give Away Train. They have for sure forgot that TW boned them in the SLI, so enjoy the ride down the drain.
How did TW bone them in the SLI? 9E anger should really be directed inward at their own committee.

Hi, I got hired in the last round with a lot of flow ups and I still hold DTW 320 FO, and I am now on 2nd year pay. The real reason a lot of those senior guys stayed at Mesaba was they didn't want to be an FO again, and they hope bigger planes will come down to them. Sorry, instead they get another pay cut. Not coming here was a mistake of a lifetime.

Godspeed!

OYS

General Lee, please stop.

Probable: goodbye 10-15% of 200 flying PER YEAR as allowed under the ASA.
Anyone have a copy of the ASA? I was under the impression that all 126 CRJ-200s were covered through 2017. Does losing 10-15% of 200 flying equate to parking 10-15% of the fleet, or a 10-15% reduction in flying block hours? In the latter, at least you could keep the entire pilot group on property with inefficient trips due to less block hours.

Let's see what Tom is eager to give back THIS time...

Pinnacle Airlines Corp. to Take Steps to Improve Liquidity and Profitability

MEMPHIS, Tenn., Dec. 8, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Pinnacle Airlines Corp.

(NASDAQ: PNCL) announced today that it has commenced a comprehensive program to reduce short- and long-term costs and enhance liquidity.
(Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20110112/CL29411LOGO)

Planned initiatives include seeking................. http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...ve-liquidity-and-profitability-135241693.html

I smell a rat, and it stinks like a boll weevil (that's Delta, for all of you not up on your airline history).

In addition to all the other benefits of a BK for Pinnacle, Delta is excited because they will be able to get out of a lot of the markets they are forced into right now with EAS.

The Evil Triangle strikes again.

The majority of the top 100 XJ guys turned it down. I think only 6-8 in the top 100 flowed. Why? Because most are well into their 50's and they are making $110K-120K per year living in base getting 4 weeks of vacation and 18 days off per month and they are getting 125% 401K match. When they turned the flow down it was to NWA for $30 an hour and the pay raises there after weren't that great. If the flow could be rebid amongst the top 100 originnal XJ pilots who turned it down I doubt more than a dozen would change their mind today. It has nothing to do with not wanting to be an FO again. It's all about money and how many years you have left in your career and most of those who turned down the flow are doing very well right now and not regretting it.

General General. Please please think before you type. Oh and to the guy who bashed every senior regional pilot out there.....you are clueless. I am sure there is every type of person in that group from horrible to awesome. Blanket statements like that only make you look like an idiot. Back to you General. I know more than a few of these senior pilots who turned down the flow. Many know they lost a great opportunity but had reasons why they did not take it at the time. Take a look at NWA's first 6-7 year pay rates. They did the math, looked at their time left at the airlines and decided with QOL and not losing money by making the jump. They did not know the NWA pilots would be given such a pay bump to make the Delta acquisition. I personally tend to believe the rule is to always leave a regional for a major-especially now days. now its up to you general-you and your buddies to NOT GIVE AN INCH ON SCOPE

Had I been a senior xj pilot over 55, I would have stayed. Ride it out a few years and call it a career.

Training, commuting, loss of control over schedule, loss of vacation - why effing bother?

Latest resources

Back