• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacoloba bankruptcy this week

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have had about 11 jobs throughout my life. All but 3 have either shut down, been sold off, store closed, or bankruptcy. I am glad to bring my good luck to 9E. ;) Heck, 2 days before my wedding, Mesaba declared bankruptcy, and the day we got back from our honeymoon I lost my other 2 jobs.

As far as our bankruptcy this time...I'll believe it when I see it. By declaring it opens our 200 ASA which would be more of a problem than paying our bills at this point.

Talked with union rep, and he is at meetings but nothing secret about them. They were planned a while back.

Facts:

TW meeting with SM.
Closed door meeting with the entire MEC and SM tomorrow.
Closed door meeting of the MEC alone after that meeting.
Next day is the end of the week - the standard day for pronouncements.
Only one week left in the year for (legal and financial) business.

Hotel changes due to unpaid invoices.
Corporate vendor changes.
Expenses due to move and training not yet realized.
DL desire to further reduce 50 seat fleet.
Extensive pre-merger liabilities and "commitments"

:)

Q400 flying out of DEN.

Q400 flying out of DEN.

you know this is coming. They are super stupid redonkulouslly over staffing IAH with Q pilots. IAH is becoming a bullpen. Dunno if Denver(though seems teh most likely) but there will be more Q flying soon.

I wouldn't be too too surprised if they kept it based in IAH but operated out of denver.

I have no dog in this fight but, You can have $$ owed to you and still be bankrupt if your creditors won't wait to get paid. See Frontier as a recent example.

I have no dog in this fight but, You can have $$ owed to you and still be bankrupt if your creditors won't wait to get paid. See Frontier as a recent example.

didn't that have to do with cash on hand vs debt owed? their cash dwindled to the point where it triggered immediate payment required because if it went much lower it woudn't be enough to cover debts to the credit cards frequent flyer miles programs. i dont' think pncl has any of those types of arrangements with credit cards but holy crap they owe alot of money. 800mil according to biz yahoo

Last edited:
Doesn't have to be cc pmts just $$ owed to creditors on day x. Don't have the cash that day your bankrupt unless those vendors choose to change your terms of repayment. In AA's case they are projecting shortfalls that will prevent them meeting future obligations. Therefore asking the court to assist in that renegotiation. I'm sure it is more technical than that but it is Pretty simple.

Last edited:
Don't come knockin' on this door to subsidize ex-9E officer severances. Also, isn't Delta paying for our contract improvements for a year or so?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back