• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacoloba bankruptcy this week

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The majority of the top 100 XJ guys turned it down. I think only 6-8 in the top 100 flowed. Why? Because most are well into their 50's and they are making $110K-120K per year living in base getting 4 weeks of vacation and 18 days off per month and they are getting 125% 401K match. When they turned the flow down it was to NWA for $30 an hour and the pay raises there after weren't that great. If the flow could be rebid amongst the top 100 originnal XJ pilots who turned it down I doubt more than a dozen would change their mind today. It has nothing to do with not wanting to be an FO again. It's all about money and how many years you have left in your career and most of those who turned down the flow are doing very well right now and not regretting it.

Let's hope that continues.....

Bye Bye---General Lee

General General. Please please think before you type. Oh and to the guy who bashed every senior regional pilot out there.....you are clueless. I am sure there is every type of person in that group from horrible to awesome. Blanket statements like that only make you look like an idiot. Back to you General. I know more than a few of these senior pilots who turned down the flow. Many know they lost a great opportunity but had reasons why they did not take it at the time. Take a look at NWA's first 6-7 year pay rates. They did the math, looked at their time left at the airlines and decided with QOL and not losing money by making the jump. They did not know the NWA pilots would be given such a pay bump to make the Delta acquisition. I personally tend to believe the rule is to always leave a regional for a major-especially now days. now its up to you general-you and your buddies to NOT GIVE AN INCH ON SCOPE

Not every senior pilot at Mesaba is 55 and ready to throw in the hat. I know a few, and they were in their early 40s. One took it, two did not. I just shook my head in disbelief. With the amount of retirements that are scheduled in about 2 years that will go on for 15 more, there was plenty of room to move up quickly, probably be a mainline Captain within 10 years, and see the World while being at an airline that on the worst day is better than your best day at a Regional. Look at you. You are trying hard to get away from Mesaba, to any airline out there. There must be reasons.

And SCOPE IS SOLID. Look at Jetflier above, a guy in the top 200. He said it himself, nobody he knows at that seniority would give it up. That should say something to you.

Bye Bye---General Lee

yup, I agree. If I could have left years ago I would have. I think it will just get worse too. Terrible leadership and contracts being what they are-paper easily rewritten and given to someone else-yes I am trying to leave. Better the first .......rat (?) to jump ship than stuck in the sinking ship!

Hi, I got hired in the last round with a lot of flow ups and I still hold DTW 320 FO, and I am now on 2nd year pay. The real reason a lot of those senior guys stayed at Mesaba was they didn't want to be an FO again, and they hope bigger planes will come down to them. Sorry, instead they get another pay cut. Not coming here was a mistake of a lifetime.

Godspeed!

OYS

General Lee, this is classless and a purposeful ignorance and painful to read. There isn't a paycut big enough for this year or the years following that would bring their sum below earnings at Delta. There just isn't enough years, there isn't enough time to make up the loss of earnings or QOL. Once the flow extended lower through the SL, as it did on that last 100, you will see more yes's, but not that high up.

Your stupidity echo's through this place daily, however, you can at least pick a topic you are educated on.

Forget the earnings and QOL issues, you also have to remember that they will be retired or nearly retired by the time you give up scope and the airbuses come to the regionals. So that couldn't have factored into their decision making process either.

Bye bye
General Clown.

General Lee, this is classless and a purposeful ignorance and painful to read. There isn't a paycut big enough for this year or the years following that would bring their sum below earnings at Delta. There just isn't enough years, there isn't enough time to make up the loss of earnings or QOL. Once the flow extended lower through the SL, as it did on that last 100, you will see more yes's, but not that high up.

Your stupidity echo's through this place daily, however, you can at least pick a topic you are educated on.

Forget the earnings and QOL issues, you also have to remember that they will be retired or nearly retired by the time you give up scope and the airbuses come to the regionals. So that couldn't have factored into their decision making process either.

Bye bye
General Clown.

I am not answering for OYS, but you are a complete Clown yourself, and stuck at the regionals. So, all Mesaba Captains are old men you say? Whatever! There were guys in my class in 96 that were in their mid 40s, and they love it here. But, as I can tell so far, you probably wouldn't pass an interview, so nevermind...... And if you really want to fly Airbuses, please don't expect them at PNCL. Try Spirit, they're hiring, maybe? See ya!

Bye Bye---General Lee

yup, I agree. If I could have left years ago I would have. I think it will just get worse too. Terrible leadership and contracts being what they are-paper easily rewritten and given to someone else-yes I am trying to leave. Better the first .......rat (?) to jump ship than stuck in the sinking ship!

There you go, CORRECT. Good luck to you.

Bye Bye---General Lee

G.L. I don't think you and I or anyone else will know why some of the guys at Mesaba passed up the flow. Money doesn't always mean everything. Sometimes you just can't put up a price on certain things in life. There's a reason why they're 100+ CA below me at PNCL. If I were to upgrade, I would not have been there for the birth of my daughter, to see her first steps, her first words. Things like that, there's not enough money for me to trade for it. Money comes and goes but things like what I just mention you only get once.

G.L. I don't think you and I or anyone else will know why some of the guys at Mesaba passed up the flow. Money doesn't always mean everything. Sometimes you just can't put up a price on certain things in life. There's a reason why they're 100+ CA below me at PNCL. If I were to upgrade, I would not have been there for the birth of my daughter, to see her first steps, her first words. Things like that, there's not enough money for me to trade for it. Money comes and goes but things like what I just mention you only get once.

Well said, some people on here probably missed their children's first steps because they were too busy posting on flightinfo 24/7

Some people also have sugar mamas and daddies. That is not the case for me, hence the first possible upgrade when I was still on reserve as an FO adding years more of reserve to my life........no sugar mama at my house.

Well said, some people on here probably missed their children's first steps because they were too busy posting on flightinfo 24/7

I seriously doubt he is married. I have doubts he has ever even been with a woman. His entire life is based on being an idiot on FI. What a sad and pathetic existance he lives.

Latest resources

Back