• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle, Mesaba, Colgan get TA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
please publish rates asap, this is all fluff without pay rates and other info.....
Well, they have stated rates are better than current book. XJs CA rates beat ASAs across the board (per APC) now. So, I would say, with this other "fluff" it's much better than ASAs shiny new contract.

Well, they have stated rates are better than current book. XJs CA rates beat ASAs across the board (per APC) now. So, I would say, with this other "fluff" it's much better than ASAs shiny new contract.

ASA doesn't have a "shiny new contract" its 4 years old now.

ASA doesn't have a "shiny new contract" its 4 years old now.
It was signed 3 years and a couple of days ago, but I guess I didn't realize it had been even that long. Regardless, it's one of the latest in a post 9-11 industry.

[FONT=&quot]Does anyone know if the MEC’s allowed dual qual in this one? I’ll be voting no if they did.
[/FONT]

A $.10 pay raise is "better" than what you previously had. I wouldn't get all giddy over this contract.
They've been beating you guys for 6 years now, they will dangle a carrot in front of your face, you'll vote YES and management wins again.
A year later when the honeymoon phase is up, you will have guys on FI.com posting threads about how horrible the contract is.

A $.10 pay raise is "better" than what you previously had. I wouldn't get all giddy over this contract.
They've been beating you guys for 6 years now, they will dangle a carrot in front of your face, you'll vote YES and management wins again.
A year later when the honeymoon phase is up, you will have guys on FI.com posting threads about how horrible the contract is.
They've been beating us for 10 years here at XJ. I was just responding to the person that asked about the rates. Since it was an ASA person, I directed him to check the current rates on APC against XJs and you'll seen our current CA rates are higher than ASAs. The word being put out is there is an hourly raise for all, therefore the rates will be much higher than ASAs. Thus the comment.

And I only get "giddy" on my commute home.

My understanding from the announcement letter was raises for all. Now on Dec 1st we XJ people got a raise + snapbacks from the bankruptcy. Now that was 4% I think. If we got $.10 what would I complain about? I think it's more than that but maybe not. But think about this...

My Dec 1st rate is something like $8 an hour more than someone at Pinnacle and over $10 an hour higher that the Q rate at Colgan (XJ Q rate is same as 200). Granted I'd like a $8-$10 an hour raise too but I think I am happy with a smaller raise and then have everybody else raise to that. Making EVERYBODY better is where the effort was. 2000+ Pilots are going to be a lot better off by a lot more than $.10. I am giddy. Truly

I certainly don't expect to be happy with everything. I suspect that 9E and 9L won't be happy with everything. I am very confident that stopping the abuse was a very big issue with the 9E and 9L guys. I think XJ brought a pretty good contract to the table as a brick in the foundation.

Did we lose? I am sure there were gives and takes. Until the union sends out the details I will just take the word of my MEC. Ground breaking, Trend setting...I don't know. Honestly I hope some other pilot group takes whatever we agree to and goes higher. Was it a home run for XJ I doubt it.
Split the FO rates is huge. A lot of other stuff in the TA is stuff we already had.

I am REALLY happy because I believe Colgan is coming out GREAT. Pinnacle will get what they deserve. Does this contract pay for all the pain from 5 years of abuse? Nope, nor do our rates and snapbacks help us recover from the torture from the bankruptcy. But you get over it.

As a XJ 200 Capt I want to thank the 9E and 9L negotiators. This TA couldn't have been easy.

I am REALLY happy because I believe Colgan is coming out GREAT. Pinnacle will get what they deserve. Does this contract pay for all the pain from 5 years of abuse? Nope, nor do our rates and snapbacks help us recover from the torture from the bankruptcy. But you get over it.

As a XJ 200 Capt I want to thank the 9E and 9L negotiators. This TA couldn't have been easy.
Colgan coming out great? They're going to get the shaft, then told "It's for the betterment of your career....blah blah blah" and the guys who are about to upgrade are going to get stuck in the right seat for another 5-6 years.

The TA couldn't have been easy? You ever pay attention to these negotiations? The Union guys are in there working out deals for themselves to get you to vote on some weak contract. Just wait and see.

GRAAB, that’s a good way to look at it. Nice post. I think you’re correct about Colgan coming out well. They will now have good pay and work rules. Upgrades may suffer a bit but will be much better in the long run. I doubt there was ever any chance of Colgan remaining separate anyway. Pinnacle just didn’t have that in mind.

Pinnacle pilots will probably see a large increase in insurance cost and a 10% pay raise. Except for the 9e F/O’s. They will do very well on pay, especially year one and two. Dual qual will hurt everyone’s quality of life. God I hope that’s not in the TA!

I just can’t wait to see it!!!

Colgan coming out great? They're going to get the shaft, then told "It's for the betterment of your career....blah blah blah" and the guys who are about to upgrade are going to get stuck in the right seat for another 5-6 years.

The TA couldn't have been easy? You ever pay attention to these negotiations? The Union guys are in there working out deals for themselves to get you to vote on some weak contract. Just wait and see.

So you sound bitter. Not sure how you think to fix the Colgan FO situation. When I got hired at Mesaba I had high hopes of a 6 month upgrade....wait, that did not come until 4.5 years. Many of the FO's will not have to wait nearly that long. What will happen for all is a better QOL and career decisions on A/C and bases. If we were split it would have been harder on most of the 3,000 plus future pilots on this list than the 200 or so FO's you are so worried about.

Lets just wait and see what this contract is all about before complaining and when you do see it make an informed decision and not one that has revenge in mind.

Latest resources

Back