• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle, Mesaba, Colgan get TA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks to all the people on the negotiating committee. I'm looking forward to reading the TA and making an informed decision. I salute the 9E pilots for their long fight and hope that this will be the end of the battle. From the sounds of it, it seems like this might be the agreement we all need.

Mesabi Miner

There is only one reason this TA is here and that’s because the company needed it. It had nothing to do with anyone’s negotiation skills or any picketing. The company needed it this time to put us in bulk together.

[FONT=&quot]Also, to my surprise: [/FONT]included in the new deal is the full $10.1 million signing bonus for distribution to Pinnacle pilots that was part of our TA in 2009.”:D

There is only one reason this TA is here and that’s because the company needed it. It had nothing to do with anyone’s negotiation skills or any picketing. The company needed it this time to put us in bulk together.

[FONT=&quot]Also, to my surprise: [/FONT]included in the new deal is the full $10.1 million signing bonus for distribution to Pinnacle pilots that was part of our TA in 2009.”:D

Why is that a surprise? It's only for the actual "Pinnacle" pilots and was discussed at length at the beginning of the JCBA negotiations.

I must say I agree with Simon Says, that was a classy post. I also did not agree with the picketing as my rep told me negotiations were going very well and would not send a good message. that being said, our brothers and sisters at 9E have been through a lot of crap and have been treated so badly I do not blame them for wanting to picket. Opinins may differ on the picketing so lets just let it go and move on from here. It must be also said that we are not all going to be happy with the SLI but as long it is ALPA fiar that is all we should hope for. Those of you shouting staple should take a step back and listen at how many Mesaba pilots are shouting date of hire. That is because we know how many pilots that is not going to be fair in the end. Our SLI group and the arbitrator will do their job to piss us all off but in the end it will be what we have and we will have to make it work.

Why is that a surprise? It's only for the actual "Pinnacle" pilots and was discussed at length at the beginning of the JCBA negotiations.
I wasn’t surprised that the money is only for Pinnacle. As you said, that was the deal. The part that I’m surprised about is that the bonus money was actually included in the new TA.

[FONT=&quot]It’s a singing bonus after all. Would we sign with out it? I’d say one third of 9E would if it were a good TA. The group as a whole (all 3) would surly sign a good TA without the 9E bonus. I was concerned that we may get a great TA but lose the bonus money altogether someway. I certainly wouldn’t have put it past the company to negotiate that money towards something else in the TA. [/FONT]Obviously I was wrong.[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

Latest resources

Back