• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle, Mesaba, Colgan get TA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You don't buy a car for the sticker price, and I'm not buying this lemon. I'll let the real negotiating begin after I vote no. The Q payrates have a lot of room to grow. Remember, this airplane is advertised as the "Q400 Turboprofits". They are making money when this aircraft flies at 30% load factor. This is a 74 seat aircraft and should be paid accordingly. A vote for "YES" on these payrates is a vote for "NO" toward your next job at the majors. Let's not accelerate outsourcing/lowering the bar. Demand fair pay for flying large aircraft. It's as simple as that. Don't settle.

What if the sticker price is going to go up? Would you buy the car sooner rather than later? We have more leverage now then we ever will (in my opinion).

You don't buy a car for the sticker price, and I'm not buying this lemon. I'll let the real negotiating begin after I vote no. The Q payrates have a lot of room to grow. Remember, this airplane is advertised as the "Q400 Turboprofits". They are making money when this aircraft flies at 30% load factor. This is a 74 seat aircraft and should be paid accordingly. A vote for "YES" on these payrates is a vote for "NO" toward your next job at the majors. Let's not accelerate outsourcing/lowering the bar. Demand fair pay for flying large aircraft. It's as simple as that. Don't settle.

I Whole heartedly agree with you, in priniciple. I don't think it is possible right now. The graduated increase up to 50 seat RJ pay (which was established as industry norm years ago) is really the best we can hope for right now. Considering the costing involved and the small size of the fleet at the moment.

Looking ahead, as the popularity of faster, more efficient tuboprops proliferates, the rates will become completely separate. Establishing a split rate like the one in this TA is the first step in getting that done.

This is a victory in the first battle of the TP payscale war.

lets just say that half the Mesaba pilots hate this new TA and half the Pinnacle pilots hate it as well. I must say that with colgan getting such great QOL and pay increases they will most all vote yes. So that means this is a done deal as long as the union reps vote to go forward. I must also say we need to be careful from now on because the company already tried to get one past the union by writing differnt language in the TA that was not agreed upon in negotiations. I know our Reps are looking for this type of thing when they review. Just some food for thought

Typical 9E mgmt tactic. DW says "This is what we really meant" and then writes it either differently or iwth loose language. Decision should be based on what is written. Beware of "Best Efforts" language.

Typical 9E mgmt tactic. DW says "This is what we really meant" and then writes it either differently or with loose language. Decision should be based on what is written. Beware of "Best Efforts" language.

I know that the XJ people are going to be reading this agreement very carefully. I have to believe that 9E has learned valuable lessons with the conditional language when it comes to extensions and JM's. There will be examples in the contract showing the real intent hopefully eliminating a lot of this "what we really meant" BS.

For myself I am becoming more uncomfortable with the 2 SAAB rates. Some of them are nearly $4.00 (5%) an hour different. I don't understand the narrower differences at the in the less years of service and the most years of service with the biggest differences in the 5 to 10 year ranges.

The fact that there is a bell curve looking pay scale has me really wondering whats going on...I mean I don't currently fly the SAAB (don't really expect to) but what else is funny like this.

The summary is very hopeful and I can support most it but the actual agreement is where the decisions will be made.

Last edited:

More reason the Q's rate are important.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...icts-gallon-gas-energy-shortages-decades-end/

What a disgustingly politically slanted article. Our supply is a very small drop in a very big bucket (global oil supply and demand). It is a GLOBAL oil market. Not drilling our small oil reserves will be just as likely to cause rationing everywhere else in the world as it would here. What is the price per barrel of U.S. oil vs. the broader market?

That former oil CEO, the article, the news (not really) network all have a specific political agenda. Period.

An "analyst" or energy executive (current or former) has a financial agenda in predicting the cost of oil and/or gasoline - its called a "self fulfilling prophecy" and happened a LOT in 2008. Every time some dumbass Goldman Sachs hack wrote a "research note", oil jumped $3-10/bbl.

Only a fool would think that energy prices won't increase, but the former President of Shell talking about such an imbalance of gasoline supply & demand that hearkens back to the 70s oil embargo is speaking from his posterior.

Counterpoint to idiotic C-level executive trying to bolster the value of his investments - this one supported by the current president of Exxon
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101220/ap_on_bi_ge/us_guzzling_less_gas

Latest resources

Back