• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle, Mesaba, Colgan get TA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Colgan coming out great? They're going to get the shaft, then told "It's for the betterment of your career....blah blah blah" and the guys who are about to upgrade are going to get stuck in the right seat for another 5-6 years.

The TA couldn't have been easy? You ever pay attention to these negotiations? The Union guys are in there working out deals for themselves to get you to vote on some weak contract. Just wait and see.

Hmmmmm something makes me think you've never been at the negotiating table, yourself. (let alone have volunteered for anything in your union)

Thanks for your input though. Its really valued.

The TA couldn't have been easy? You ever pay attention to these negotiations? The Union guys are in there working out deals for themselves to get you to vote on some weak contract. Just wait and see.

You obviously have never been involved in these negotiations, or any others for that matter. I know everyone involved on a first name basis, as well as dealing with this process personally and I will tell you that NOBODY got anything for "just them". By working for every one of the almost 3,000 pilots the contract helped EVERYONE and the industry going forward.

I didn't even get my pony.

Hmmmmm something makes me think you've never been at the negotiating table, yourself. (let alone have volunteered for anything in your union)

Thanks for your input though. Its really valued.

Refuting statements by WayBack is like trying to teach the theory of general relativity to a brick wall. No, I take that back. It's nothing like that and I apologize to all the brick walls I may have offended.

They've been beating us for 10 years here at XJ. I was just responding to the person that asked about the rates. Since it was an ASA person, I directed him to check the current rates on APC against XJs and you'll seen our current CA rates are higher than ASAs. The word being put out is there is an hourly raise for all, therefore the rates will be much higher than ASAs. Thus the comment.

And I only get "giddy" on my commute home.

And APC does not reflect current ASA rates.

Colgan coming out great? They're going to get the shaft, then told "It's for the betterment of your career....blah blah blah" and the guys who are about to upgrade are going to get stuck in the right seat for another 5-6 years.

Your a true JackA$$. No one values a word that comes out of your mouth. Go climb back under your bridge please.

You should change your tag line to, "Semi-Pilot". Seriously, people like you are the reason people like me stay out of the crew rooms. Just sayin'.

WayBack, I should say that I posted my reply to your post before I read everyone else's and now I realize that it's redundant...I'm normally not one to "pile on", but here I have to say that I stand by my post...you have taken "JackAssed-ness" to a new high...you, sir, must have the genitalia of a Girl Scout...do us all a favor and dis-enroll from this forum forever please...don't delay, do it now!

A contract should never, let me repeat NEVER be based on the premise of a quick upgrade. You obviously have never been in this industry long enough to understand. Come back in 10 years and try and repost that comment. You experiences will bitch slap you for trying to type that dribble.

PS my screen name may say gearbtch, but I'm clearing six figures this year. Not bad for a sham CH11 contract. Can't wait to see what the TA will offer above that.

Latest rumor is we gave in on dual qual. So you should expect to see it in the summary out this week.

Rumor I heard it will be a 4-6 month special qualification. Extra days off, extra pay on reserve. Can't be assigned it will be bid for like Mesaba's current time of without pay, TOWOP.

If that's the compromise I'd take it in a heart beat. But I bet it will go pretty senior.

Latest resources

Back