• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle, Mesaba, Colgan get TA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Congrats to the hard work of all the parties involved in the negotiating process...I thought I would share a bit of wisdom that a Delta Captain shared with me the other day. After all is said and done, contract is ratified and the seniority list is integrated everyone should have a feeling of being just the slightest bit unhappy. In other words, no one group should have made out on this deal than another. I think this is good advice, because a contract of this magnitude represents a great deal of compromising between labor and management. Hopefully, their will be enough quality of life improvements in work rules, compensation and insurance to make us all satisfied.

Regards,

ex-Navy Rotorhead

Looked at them here too...
http://asacontract2007.alpa.org/Contract_pdf_docs/2008 0229 ASA Contract - Final with links.pdf
Still better...with two exceptions, year 17 and 18 CRJ900 CA.

Doesn't really matter. Point is, the TA is suppose to improved rates in all seats and positions from current books. I think those that will be flying with said rates, will be pleased.

Actually not too beat a dead horse those are still low. It is a whopping %1 on top of those rates.

So, an 18 year captain on a 900 would be just short of $108/hr? That's not too shabby if there are COL raises yearly and MEM/MSP/DTW stay put...

My understanding from the announcement letter was raises for all. Now on Dec 1st we XJ people got a raise + snapbacks from the bankruptcy. Now that was 4% I think. If we got $.10 what would I complain about? I think it's more than that but maybe not. But think about this...

My Dec 1st rate is something like $8 an hour more than someone at Pinnacle and over $10 an hour higher that the Q rate at Colgan (XJ Q rate is same as 200). Granted I'd like a $8-$10 an hour raise too but I think I am happy with a smaller raise and then have everybody else raise to that. Making EVERYBODY better is where the effort was. 2000+ Pilots are going to be a lot better off by a lot more than $.10. I am giddy. Truly

I certainly don't expect to be happy with everything. I suspect that 9E and 9L won't be happy with everything. I am very confident that stopping the abuse was a very big issue with the 9E and 9L guys. I think XJ brought a pretty good contract to the table as a brick in the foundation.

Did we lose? I am sure there were gives and takes. Until the union sends out the details I will just take the word of my MEC. Ground breaking, Trend setting...I don't know. Honestly I hope some other pilot group takes whatever we agree to and goes higher. Was it a home run for XJ I doubt it.
Split the FO rates is huge. A lot of other stuff in the TA is stuff we already had.

I am REALLY happy because I believe Colgan is coming out GREAT. Pinnacle will get what they deserve. Does this contract pay for all the pain from 5 years of abuse? Nope, nor do our rates and snapbacks help us recover from the torture from the bankruptcy. But you get over it.

As a XJ 200 Capt I want to thank the 9E and 9L negotiators. This TA couldn't have been easy.

Excellent post, this is exactly how I feel too.

Latest rumor is we gave in on dual qual. So you should expect to see it in the summary out this week.

I have heard the opposite, I heard Dual-Qual was not in the TA, but could come at a later date. I guess we will both have to wait and see once the summary comes out.

Latest resources

Back