• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle Delta Flow-through

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is how ALPA operates....bickering and hate are the ALPA trademarks.....Single list with Compass can't even happen....Why can't we all get along?

"ALPA" isn't the problem here, Joey. The problem is the idiot rank-and-file who want to tear down their fellow pilots simply because they fly smaller airplanes. The arrogance will once again lead to just more scope erosion and lost jobs. You want to attack ALPA, as always, but ALPA isn't represented on this thread. This thread is just a bunch of rank-and-file guys, not union leadership. Unfortunately, the leadership has to do as the rank-and-file directs, and once again, it looks like that direction is to diminish the regional pilots because of mainline arrogance. If pilots don't wake up and realize that the guy flying the 50-seat RJ is just as much a fellow pilot as the guy flying the 777, then we're doomed as a profession.

"ALPA" isn't the problem here, Joey. The problem is the idiot rank-and-file who want to tear down their fellow pilots simply because they fly smaller airplanes. The arrogance will once again lead to just more scope erosion and lost jobs. You want to attack ALPA, as always, but ALPA isn't represented on this thread. This thread is just a bunch of rank-and-file guys, not union leadership. Unfortunately, the leadership has to do as the rank-and-file directs, and once again, it looks like that direction is to diminish the regional pilots because of mainline arrogance. If pilots don't wake up and realize that the guy flying the 50-seat RJ is just as much a fellow pilot as the guy flying the 777, then we're doomed as a profession.

Good post! ALPA seems to be a figment of our imagination. Most need to review the acronym--Air Line Pilot Association.

Last edited:

ALPA is the agent that represents us...If it fails because of the "idiot rank and file" then it fails...The arrogance has existed since the regionals first started flying....No excuse...ALPA will never accept an RJ driver as an equal to a mighty 777 driver....Never in a million years...

ALPA is the agent that represents us...If it fails because of the "idiot rank and file" then it fails...The arrogance has existed since the regionals first started flying....No excuse...ALPA will never accept an RJ driver as an equal to a mighty 777 driver....Never in a million years...

So focused on your ALPA-hate that you can't even see the real problems. Pathetic.

So focused on your ALPA-hate that you can't even see the real problems. Pathetic.

The real problem is the mainline pilots and their arrogance...but that doesn't absolve ALPA of it's DFR responsibilities...I have dealt with this arrogance since before you flew for Gulfstream....It isn't going to change....What is pathetic is you thinking it will change....

I don't see the hate, but the reality. Are you suggesting that he shut-up and sit at the back of the bus?

As regional pilots, we have alot more in common with the founding members of ALPA. They fought arrogant and ruthless managements for safer work environment, better wages, better benefits, and job protection. We have done the same thing for years to achieve good contracts as compared to the late 80's and 90's. However, now, we are under attack not only by the ever present ruthless managements, but also by Mainline Unions--sadly, many of whose members flew in our cockpits, but some who have no perspective on our journey and challenges.

usually a "lurker" on here, I cant help but notice the same argument that's been tossed around since I was at Pan Am Express. Pan Am Express enjoyed the first "flow-thru" of any airline. At 3 pilots per month flowing up to mainline, with their DOH seniority you would think that everyone was happy,...right ? Not a chance. Pan Am's MEC authorized two big jets for the Pan Am Express division, the BA146 and the F100. Similar to Compass, Pan Am Express was its own LEC within the Pan Am MEC. But the fighting continued while some Pan Am Express pilots took their rightfull place in the right seat of the 747, with their DOH. In the end, it didn't matter either way as Pan Am came to a grinding halt, and most pilots found themselvs on the street, while the few that were able to go to Delta were labled "Pan Am Pukes"!
I guess there is no real answer to the dilema. Perhaps future negotiations will address the issue and educate all pilots so someday a resolution will present itself.

Well, there must be something that the mainline wants in regard to this "flow through", as I know it wasn't the ASA MEC that first approached DALPA regarding the issue. If we want a joint list, it's going to have to be fair and equitable for both sides- period. I'm will not bow down to a faint glimmer of hope regarding a DAL career at the near 100% chance of shedding my own blood for marginal gain. As I see it, I'd rather tank a DAL deal and live with the consequences rather than pander to a "less than qualified" stereotype with regard to a flow up.

Yes, ASA is a subcontractor for DAL. Yes, they can can us, but it's going to be a hell of a fight, especially given the contract that came as a result of our sale to Skywest, Inc. Is it ironclad...no. However, I'll take my chances with regard to their "lock in" with Delta.......more so than most other carriers.

Make no mistake about it- I'm for heavy scope protection. Personally, I'd like to see everything on a single list. But, I will not be a yes man with regard to the issue as a mainline puppet or sacrificial lamb.

I'm will not bow down to a faint glimmer of hope regarding a DAL career at the near 100% chance of shedding my own blood for marginal gain.

Thank you for posting that, I was starting to believe I was the only one who felt that way.

Well, there must be something that the mainline wants in regard to this "flow through", as I know it wasn't the ASA MEC that first approached DALPA regarding the issue. If we want a joint list, it's going to have to be fair and equitable for both sides- period. I'm will not bow down to a faint glimmer of hope regarding a DAL career at the near 100% chance of shedding my own blood for marginal gain. As I see it, I'd rather tank a DAL deal and live with the consequences rather than pander to a "less than qualified" stereotype with regard to a flow up.

Yes, ASA is a subcontractor for DAL. Yes, they can can us, but it's going to be a hell of a fight, especially given the contract that came as a result of our sale to Skywest, Inc. Is it ironclad...no. However, I'll take my chances with regard to their "lock in" with Delta.......more so than most other carriers.

Make no mistake about it- I'm for heavy scope protection. Personally, I'd like to see everything on a single list. But, I will not be a yes man with regard to the issue as a mainline puppet or sacrificial lamb.

Great post Jumpers.

Trojan

Latest resources

Back