• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle Delta Flow-through

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
See many think that the DAL guys are quacking in their pants over getting furloughed and that is the only reason they are talking to the regional guys.

Are you suggesting they're talking to us out of the great love they have?

Heyas,

I think this is a critical point that is lost on a lot of scooters.

Should DAL decide, they could PARK XJ and OH tomorrow. Sell/scrap the aircraft. Terminate the employees.

Same with EV and 9E. Pay the cancellation penalty in the contract and be done with it. 9E would be in 11/7 within a week, and Skywest would park a majority of the EV fleet.

There would be no lawsuits from the employees. No "DFR" suits. It would be a business decision.

These outfits are nothing but contract lift providers. No different than lawn or poolboys. Like any contracted help, Delta is feel to hire or fire at their whim.

Nu

I guess you were not around when Delta parked OH in 2001? How did that work out?

I guess you were not around when Delta parked OH in 2001? How did that work out?

and what has happened to OH since that very day. Nothing good, and getting worse. Best to keep your mouth closed, cause it just keeps getting worse for you.

You're getting boring, YAWN.

A lot of nothing in that post.

Do not confuse interest with caring.
I guess you are now mischaracterizing it?

Delta pilots are not subcontractors. We deal directly with Delta.
You are in a Union. You are technically a subcontractor through ALPA.

Eastern was a different time, different place. Lessons learned there, and a avoided here. More of that "not really knowing much" exemplified by you.
Sometimes History repeats itself. I know about as much as you. Are you in direct contact with your brain center? Over

I think that we will avoid depression this time around. Delta is still predicting profitability for now. Economy seems to have bottomed out, or bottoming out.
Believe what you want. But, where are you getting your information about the economy bottoming out?

If you are leaning toward Joe Merchant's view, you deserve everything you get--or don't get in this case.
Thank you! This Union does nothing but yoke the regional pilots. It does give them DFR protection.

Your definition of real union seems to be remaining quiet whilst gaining all of this flying, and then raising objection when there is talk of losing it. Yeah, a real union guy.
And what is my definition? And where is my objection? We (YOU and I) have both lost(reduced is better word) flying due to less demand. Think supply and demand (basic economics)! Advanced bookings dictate less flights! When the economy turns around, in about 3 years, everybody will grow again.

Nobody in control? I beg to differ. More of that "not knowing much" thing on your part.
Are you in control? No--I know that much. What's the price of oil going to be next month? What is the inflation rate going to be this year? How long is this downturn going to last? How long will it take folks that are out work to get back on their feet so they can become consumers again? Are you the Wizard?

You are about as much in control as that "small person" (dwarf), Mordecai, that Clint Eastwood pinned the Sheriff's badge on in High Plains Drifter. Do you want to be Sheriff, too?

You give regional guys a bad name. Ignorance compounded with lack of humility. Very dangerous combo.

:laugh: Are you looking in the mirror Delta Dude? You are doing a terrible job of practicing the "I'm O.K., you are not O.K." philosophy. Wind check, anyone?

and what has happened to OH since that very day. Nothing good, and getting worse. Best to keep your mouth closed, cause it just keeps getting worse for you.

You're getting boring, YAWN.

I haven't given up a 50% pay cut! While your yawning, just go to sleep.

Latest resources

Back