• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle Delta Flow-through

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You are in a Union. You are technically a subcontractor through ALPA.

Incorrect. The ID says Delta. Go bark up another tree.

Sometimes History repeats itself.

The beginnings of your backing off. "Sometimes" So much for that argument.

But, where are you getting your information about the economy bottoming out?

Same places as everyone else.

This Union does nothing but yoke the regional pilots.

Laughable. "yoking" This union did one lousy job of limiting the regional pilot career from '95-'05 as claimed by the RJDC.

Advanced bookings dictate less flights! When the economy turns around, in about 3 years, everybody will grow again.

Advanced booking are looking stronger. Have you not been paying attention? Or are you just not informed as exhibited by your posts?

Are you in control? No--I know that much. What's the price of oil going to be next month? What is the inflation rate going to be this year? How long is this downturn going to last? How long will it take folks that are out work to get back on their feet so they can become consumers again? Are you the Wizard?

Your not paying attention. This isn't about the economy. It will do what it will do. This is about who controls scope. Your post is about slamming, and of no substance. Wind check is my favorite. Slamming a group for checking the wind. Good one. You go girl!! If that's all you have in a scope debate, so be it.

Hook, line, sinker.

Incorrect. The ID says Delta. Go bark up another tree.
So does mine. But, you are represented by a bargaining agent, which makes you a third party.
The beginnings of your backing off. "Sometimes" So much for that argument.
If it makes you feel good, believe it. "Sometimes" means what it means.
Same places as everyone else.
Apparently, not!
Laughable. "yoking" This union did one lousy job of limiting the regional pilot career from '95-'05 as claimed by the RJDC.
Your group created that monster. Somewhere around your contract of 1996.
Advanced booking are looking stronger. Have you not been paying attention? Or are you just not informed as exhibited by your posts?
And that's why they are cutting flights to Europe in the Fall??????
Your not paying attention. This isn't about the economy. It will do what it will do. This is about who controls scope. Your post is about slamming, and of no substance. Wind check is my favorite. Slamming a group for checking the wind. Good one. You go girl!! If that's all you have in a scope debate, so be it.
Enjoy your honeymoon. As soon as the merger is complete, the landscape will change. The merger made perfect sense with the onset of the recession because there is plenty of room to shrink--a unique advantage.
Hook, line, sinker.
Don't worry, the line can be broken! Personally, I prefer the "Judo" method or the "Rope a Dope!"

Peace out!

Last edited:
Since we've wound it down to just a few lines of your BS, we'll quote these:

Your group created that monster. Somewhere around your contract of 1996.

The discussion was that ALPA is yoking regional pilots. The reply was that they have been doing a lousy job of it. So you change the subject back to scope. Keep track of your arguments, and keep them in line.
Me: The sky is blue
You: No, it's green
Me: Just look up
You: Grass is Brown

And that's why they are cutting flights to Europe in the Fall??????

Flights to Europe ALWAYS get cut in the fall.

Enjoy your honeymoon. As soon as the merger is complete, the landscape will change. The merger made perfect sense with the onset of the recession because there is plenty of room to shrink--a unique advantage.

Te honeymoon is already over. The landscape is always changing. It appears to be trending better. The merger made perfect sense to fill in gaps where each airline was lacking. This airline is poised to kick a$$. The regional who play ball will enjoy that growth. The airlines who don't, won't. If Delta shrinks, we sure as hell won't need as much feed. It all runs downhill, ya know.

This has been exciting, but I am matching wits with the unarmed, and it's getting boring.

So long.

I guess you were not around when Delta parked OH in 2001? How did that work out?

You mean the one that had the full support from the DAL pilots, including flight monitoring and technical support? The OH MEC sure repaid that debt.

Ever wonder why the OH NC/MEC settled so abruptly for a mediocre contract, considering they were out for 90 days? Surely if they had Comair management right where they wanted them, they should have gotten everything they asked for, right?

No, the dirty little secret of the OH strike was that OH was exactly 24 hours from being shut down, permanently.

Nu

here is the deal. I will let you figure it out....who it is. But I have not seen the one person who actually knows the deal reply in this thread in the first couple pages so i am not looking any further........Hope 9E gets their good contract. us at XJ fully support them. And if they think the flow is something they want.....even though they are not owned....they are brand. So I would support that....even though my opinion does not count......

Heyas,

I think this is a critical point that is lost on a lot of scooters.

Should DAL decide, they could PARK XJ and OH tomorrow. Sell/scrap the aircraft. Terminate the employees.

Same with EV and 9E. Pay the cancellation penalty in the contract and be done with it. 9E would be in 11/7 within a week, and Skywest would park a majority of the EV fleet.

There would be no lawsuits from the employees. No "DFR" suits. It would be a business decision.

These outfits are nothing but contract lift providers. No different than lawn or poolboys. Like any contracted help, Delta is feel to hire or fire at their whim.

Nu

So they are separate entities. In that case, why do mainline pilots expect their regional affiliates to provide preferential hiring or flowback when mainline furloughs? Or are they only separate entities when times are good and mainline is hiring?

This thread is just depressing. So much for progressive thinking on mainline/regional issues. Just bicker and hate each other instead. I'm sure that will work out well. :rolleyes:

Where are the cooler heads like Occam and FDJ2? Come on guys!

This thread is just depressing. So much for progressive thinking on mainline/regional issues. Just bicker and hate each other instead. I'm sure that will work out well. :rolleyes:

Where are the cooler heads like Occam and FDJ2? Come on guys!

This is how ALPA operates....bickering and hate are the ALPA trademarks.....Single list with Compass can't even happen....Why can't we all get along?

Latest resources

Back