• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle Delta Flow-through

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What other criteria, meeting our min flt time requirements? That is a given with flowing off the top.

So the Mesaba and Compass flows don't require a 4 year degree....How are you going to get around that one now? Are the DCI carriers going to have to have it, while Mesaba and Compass don't? That could be another legal trap....

Joe what I am saying is that if you are in your mid 30's and in the bottom 25% of the DCI list, yeah it may suck.
That is not the norm. You know that. For you Joe, you would flow in a year or two tops.

So the Mesaba and Compass flows don't require a 4 year degree....How are you going to get around that one now? Are the DCI carriers going to have to have it, while Mesaba and Compass don't? That could be another legal trap....

Read it again Joe. It does, he stated that there were other requirements. I am sure that they are the same basic DAL requirements.

I discuss it, because from first hand discussions it is DALPA's best thinking. I was not for a bilateral flow when I was there either. I would have lost a lot of seniority in the process. I think getting here on your own merits has its advantages.

But look ahead. Say DAL furloughs 2000 pilots in the next few years. That is short term. Long term is that in the next nine they need to hire a min of 2500 to stay at zero sum. Look beyond that and we will do a lot more hiring than furloughing. Fact is long term a flow works for the DCI carriers.

I disagree about Delta hiring 2000 pilots in the next few years. The DC-9's, 747-400's, 747-200's, and some 767's are going to go away. We will keep selling out scope letting the regionals get more and more 76 seaters. They might even get larger aircraft than that. Delta might not furlough, but we could easily not hire for years. IMHO, it will be a shrinking airline for a long time.

On a brighter note, I don't know who you are, but I enjoy reading your posts. They are very insightful.

Yes, and no. The 742 are probably gone, the 30 and 40 block 9's are gone, and maybe 32 5500 series 757's. About 40 to 50 jets. With what is in the desert in VCV it is about a zero sum loss.

Looking the fleet plan, we are getting some good metal in the next five years. Each of these jets will take care of two narrow body jets.

As for RJ's I say that the era of giving up scope is gone. Even DAL knows it has too many. The number is going to go down. It is just a question of when and whom.
Ask Bob, he will tell you. We need to cut about 250 RJ's from the portfolio. That is short term. Long term it is a lot more.

BTW thanks for the kind words.

Who's dumb enough to believe hiring projections for the next 15 years?

Better yet, who's dumb enough to believe that scope erosion is actually done? I've thought that to be the case for years, but I'm proven wrong every single time. Anybody else still remember when Delta was limited to outsourcing just 57 70-seaters? Seems like just yesterday.

Better yet, who's dumb enough to believe that scope erosion is actually done? I've thought that to be the case for years, but I'm proven wrong every single time.

You and me both.

"Seems like just yesterday."

That's because it was. And the ALPA guys got upset when I told them I didn't believe them when they said "scope erosion is done!" My only words to them were to prove it with their actions, because their words on that subject have zero foundation.

Latest resources

Back