Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle Delta Flow-through

There are approx. 6,000 DCI pilots. How long would it take for all of us to get our seat at Delta?

Flow Up​
1. NWA shall offer employment to MSA Flow Up pilots in priority to any other pilot candidate for hire, with the exception of a pilot who is eligible for Flow Up from Compass Airlines. Offers to MSA pilots to Flow Up will be made in seniority order, provided that , in order to be eligible to Flow-Up a pilot must:
    1. Be a Captain, and
    2. Have at least thirty (30) months on payroll at MSA, and
    3. Meet all objective hiring criteria and requirements as established by Northwest (e.g., total flight time, multi-engine time, PIC, First Class Medical Certificate, passport, FCC Radio permit, ATP certificate) provided such objective criteria shall not be greater or more extensive than the objective criteria for other new hires.
    4. A pilot who does not meet these criteria will retain the right to Flow Up at a later date once he is able to meet the criteria referenced above.
These are the criteria out of our contract. It's more than just a "college degree" required. Wanted to clear that up.

WOW. Sorry.

That said, I can see your heartburn getting here at 40.
That is why I want one list. Politically I can not see it happening right now though. This is best case.

Bi-lateral means all seats at DCI are mainline seats, and all seats at mainline are DCI. (Two way flow) that concept is not that hard.

But that's not what's being proposed, is it? In fact, at the moment, I don't believe anything at all is being proposed, unless the regionals give up their seats to get "a seat at the table" as Puffdriver put it. Not to get a deal, mind you, just to get the chance to talk about a deal.

Flow Up​
1. NWA shall offer employment to MSA Flow Up pilots in priority to any other pilot candidate for hire, with the exception of a pilot who is eligible for Flow Up from Compass Airlines. Offers to MSA pilots to Flow Up will be made in seniority order, provided that , in order to be eligible to Flow-Up a pilot must:
    1. Be a Captain, and
    2. Have at least thirty (30) months on payroll at MSA, and
    3. Meet all objective hiring criteria and requirements as established by Northwest (e.g., total flight time, multi-engine time, PIC, First Class Medical Certificate, passport, FCC Radio permit, ATP certificate) provided such objective criteria shall not be greater or more extensive than the objective criteria for other new hires.
    4. A pilot who does not meet these criteria will retain the right to Flow Up at a later date once he is able to meet the criteria referenced above.
These are the criteria out of our contract. It's more than just a "college degree" required. Wanted to clear that up.

What other criteria, meeting our min flt time requirements? That is a given with flowing off the top.

WOW. Sorry.

That is why I want one list. Politically I can not see it happening right now though. This is best case.

Don't be sorry, I'm not. Neither do I want a younger guy to fall for the same pipe dream I'm not falling for.

WOW. Sorry.

So you're acknowledging the fact that the benefit starts to taper off for those that are older....There are quite a few at the DCI carriers that fall into this category....

Latest resources

Back
Top Bottom