• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle Continues Hiring and Lowering Standards

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think I know who you are. Jason, how can you hold so much anger in such a little frame?
Have any fueler punched you lately?

When I figure it out I'll let you know. You got me.

wudalmstfly4fre said:
It just seems to me that 500 or 5000 hrs of instructing isn't going to prepare me for FO training and I could only dream of getting any turbine time right now. Don't really want to sit around and wait on it either but if it would come along I'd take it and hold off on the regionals for a while.

It seems you have a bit of a confidence issue. Let the interviewers determine if they think you are ready. As I've alluded to earlier, you do have a say in how much time you have before you begin to interview. In the end, it's all about your condfidence in your abilities and how much drive to succeed you have inside you. With the right work ethic, study habits, and determination you can do just about anything in this world.

I had zero turbine time prior to joining my regional. Notice that this thread isn't necessarily about the ability to fly regional jets, but more so about the experience and thus decision-making abilities. You will be able to fly these jets; that's the easy part. It's everything else is what's difficult; procedures, FCM, FOM, regs, more advanced ADM, CRM, union contracts, work rules, commuting, and so on and so forth. It's intimidating to know that if you wash out from training that's a black mark that will haunt you in this industry forever. You just have to calm yourself down and rely on the training you receive.

You will never stop learning in aviation, so don't expect that you must before heading to the airlines.

honeycomb.....pinnacle is not pft, infact they offer $200 a week living allowence, hotel and after completion of IOE whoever recommended you gets $1000. Things there have changed, they arent great but better than they were.

SEVEN said:
CRJ Pilot 7/28/2006
Minimum 500TT w/ME; prefer 750 to 1000 TT w/ME; Aviation 480 - CRJ Preferred; first class medical; ATP written preferred and taken by interview date preferred.
Email: [email protected]

I guess the 500tt is now for everyone not just "special applicants " They continue to lower the bar for the entire industry as well as put "unqualified" pilots in the right seat to play co-pilot. I wish this was flame-bait but sorry to say, it's not. :bomb:....waiting to happen........

you got this off the UND website, I'm sure. UND has a CRJ sim that many regionals have used and liked. ASA reduces their minimums for any UND student that has gone through the CRJ program.

As for the low time, who cares? I am not making decisions in the left seat, I don't have the experience for that. I talked to a high time ASA person, who said they like hiring with low time because "we can hire you on before you have developed bad habits". 500 hours, 1500 hours, 2500 hours, who cares? I'm sick of people telling me unless I have 15000 hours I am inexperienced.

Last edited:
Rook said:
CrownandCoke said:
As for the low time, who cares? I am not making decisions in the left seat, I don't have the experience for that. quote]

But what if your Captain's # is up and he/she has a heart attack or something? You're hired to be a future captain.

I know I am hired to be a future captain, but what better way to learn than in the right seat of the airline that I am going to be a captain at???

CrownandCoke said:
As for the low time, who cares? I am not making decisions in the left seat, I don't have the experience for that.

Maybe the people you are carrying care. They pay just as much for an RJ flight as one staffed by mainline pilots. They didn't buy their tickets with the knowledge that one of the pilots is just learning. They expect both pilots to have substantial experience, judgement and maturity. If the total experience level of the pilots was fully disclosed, how many people would choose a different flight? What does a pilot with no experience from which to cultivate good judgement bring to the cockpit besides a set of cool sunglasses and a backpack flightbag?

I'm sick of people telling me unless I have 15000 hours I am inexperienced.

No, if you have flown a variety of aircraft in a variety of weather conditions of a number of years before using that experience to carry passengers in jet equipment then you probably meet most reasonable people's definition of "experienced". As for "mature", well that's another matter.

Hours don't mean a whole lot IMHO. I’ve flown with high time jackass captains and I’ve seen capable people with lower time. Maybe the people in charge know something about that, and when you or I start running the airline then we can dictate who gets the gig.

Latest resources

Back