• Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle Continues Hiring and Lowering Standards

SEVEN

CRJ Pilot 7/28/2006
Minimum 500TT w/ME; prefer 750 to 1000 TT w/ME; Aviation 480 - CRJ Preferred; first class medical; ATP written preferred and taken by interview date preferred.
Email: [email protected]

I guess the 500tt is now for everyone not just "special applicants " They continue to lower the bar for the entire industry as well as put "unqualified" pilots in the right seat to play co-pilot. I wish this was flame-bait but sorry to say, it's not. :bomb:....waiting to happen........

SEVEN said:
CRJ Pilot 7/28/2006
Minimum 500TT w/ME; prefer 750 to 1000 TT w/ME; Aviation 480 - CRJ Preferred; first class medical; ATP written preferred and taken by interview date preferred.
Email: [email protected]

I guess the 500tt is now for everyone not just "special applicants " They continue to lower the bar for the entire industry as well as put "unqualified" pilots in the right seat to play co-pilot. I wish this was flame-bait but sorry to say, it's not. :bomb:....waiting to happen........

Maybe they have to lower the standards due to the pilot shortage.

PCL may have lowered their times, but it has become one of the harder interviews to pass. HR, technical eval, and sim eval and not too many people getting the thumbs up. Maybe they are just using the "shotgun technique" and then weeding them out.

I know a handful of people who were recently hired on with pinnacle, all said the interview was a challenge....they may be giving interviews away but that doesnt mean thay are giving the jobs away.

redflyer65 said:
PCL may have lowered their times, but it has become one of the harder interviews to pass. HR, technical eval, and sim eval and not too many people getting the thumbs up. Maybe they are just using the "shotgun technique" and then weeding them out.
Or maybe lower time pilots are having a harder time passing the interview?

5ontheglide said:
Or maybe lower time pilots are having a harder time passing the interview?

You're right. A Pinnacle interview is comparable to any other regional airline hiring. If I had 500tt, I would think the interview was challenging too.

I'm no expert on insurance (and I'm probably about to prove it), but why do an airline's insurance carriers continue to allow the lowering of the experience requirement (which is all TT is a measure of, really, and not necessarily a good one, at that) for the SIC?

It seems like insurance companies would use even the perception of additional risk to hike rates (even if there's statistically little actual evidence of additional risk). Has there been a huge increase in insurance premiums during the last few years with lower and lower time FOs flying bigger and bigger a/c? Or are the insurance companies taking a wait and see attitude about how low time the FOs can be before (if at all) they become causal in losses.

I believe if someone was enforcing at least 135 PIC mins on 121 SICs, whether it was the Feds (which probably won't happen) or the insurance companies (which might happen), we would see less continuing downward pressure on pay and benefits.

And if you think I'm bashing Pinnacle, save your breath. I'm not.

so a 1000 hour pilot has the infinte wisdom know all that a 500 hour pilot lacks? if passing the interview qualifies the pilot why do airlines even bother with time requirements? No real point to this post but if a 500 hour pilot rolls into a pinnacle interview aces it and gets offered the job maybe he deserves it. For what its worth I learned the most from 0-500 hours obviously...500-1000 hours was day vfr time building for the most part and not that enriching of flight time. my opinion

quick addition....Ive forgot a whole lot of stuff too from 500-1000 hours stuff I knew off the top of my head at 500 hours. total and quick emersion into aviation probably has its advantages and produces better pilots even if they are younger/less experienced. That 500 hour pilot is going to be a 5000 hour pilot eventually.....

Latest resources

Back