Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SEVEN said:
CRJ Pilot 7/28/2006
Minimum 500TT w/ME; prefer 750 to 1000 TT w/ME; Aviation 480 - CRJ Preferred; first class medical; ATP written preferred and taken by interview date preferred.
Email: [email protected]

I guess the 500tt is now for everyone not just "special applicants " They continue to lower the bar for the entire industry as well as put "unqualified" pilots in the right seat to play co-pilot. I wish this was flame-bait but sorry to say, it's not. :bomb:....waiting to happen........

ExpressJet and American Eagle minimums have been at 500TT for a considerable amount of time now. Pinnacle is mearly trying to capture the applicants that would have ordinarily gone to these two carriers.

Seven....when are you going to stop your childish, uneducated assult on Pinnacle?

wudalmstfly4fre said:
What should we do to get prepared for the CRJ. I am an instructor and just had a friend I worked with get on at Pinnacle and he said no amount of time instructing would prrepare you for FO training, other than instrument knowledge.
I remember completing the LOFT at XJ in the Saab. The instructor had done the push and I'm just sitting there enjoying those fine sim graphics (good minute or two). Finally I start to look around and notice the cpt and sim eval staring at me and waiting for the w&b paperwork. Fat dumb and happy .... the engines weren't running and I was already behind the game. I can't remember where I heard this but .... if you aren't doing something.....your behind (atleast for the first while you are working). Not what you would call advise but I think it helped me. Good luck.

Hulk Hogan said:
I can't remember where I heard this but .... if you aren't doing something.....your behind (atleast for the first while you are working). Not what you would call advise but I think it helped me. Good luck.

I completely agree and second this. Can't remember exactly when or where I heard that phrase, but it's one that I always have in the back of my brain while flying. Stay busy and always be thinking of your next move. Good luck, too!

flyboyike said:
This never ends in this business. When you have 500TT, they pick on you. When you have 10,000TT, there will be some who will say they didn't become a real pilot until their 11,736th hour. I choose to not worry about that and just fly to the best of my ability, the nay-sayers be danged.

500 hrs is 500 hrs is 500 hrs. It's LOW time. Period. There is NO debate. Is it low time to fly traffic watch or do scenic tours in a 172? No. But it's way too low to fly 50 people at 500 kts.

Hey; guys are landing jets on aircraft carriers at night with less than 500 hours, time doesn't define capability.

Nice Try.

pilotyip said:
Hey; guys are landing jets on aircraft carriers at night with less than 500 hours, time doesn't define capability.

That is true....you are only 22 posts to late.

honeycomb said:
I was flying lears at 19 and 600 hours with 350 plus multi turbine PIC.

Gee, you think someone who could afford a Lear could afford a qualified SIC. The guy that owned the turbine that let a 250hr pilot fly it alone must have been pretty desperate too.

The captain told me I would have 3 years of jet seasoning before he turned me lose as a captain in that toy and it would be with a type rated first officer with good experience.

The guy that hired a 600 hr Lear F/O must have had some pretty prime CA's as well. What did they have, 1600TT?
And, I have over 10,000 hours so I might know something about that.
You must be a 737 CA then, of course. You are typed and all.

Bringupthebird said:
honeycomb said:
Gee, you think someone who could afford a Lear could afford a qualified SIC. The guy that owned the turbine that let a 250hr pilot fly it alone must have been pretty desperate too.

The guy that hired a 600 hr Lear F/O must have had some pretty prime CA's as well. What did they have, 1600TT?

You must be a 737 CA then, of course. You are typed and all.

You are not to smart are you. You were told you would grow up to be the janitor...am I right.

I am an airport rat...moron. I got the PIC flying and having other PIC's ride. It is completely legal per part 61...look it up smartguy.

I had sponsers my father knew that helped me. So what.

My father paid for my pvt. I paid for everything else (in terms of my cpl/inst/multi/ases etc.) I pumped gas at the airport (I was a lineman)...I turned wrench becasue my father is also an A and P and IA.

I have a 737 type thanks to serving my country and earning the VA monies to pay for it. I put the money in and later with interest I get it back to spend.

And, yes I am that good. Thanks for pointing that out for us.

Last edited:
It just seems to me that 500 or 5000 hrs of instructing isn't going to prepare me for FO training and I could only dream of getting any turbine time right now. Don't really want to sit around and wait on it either but if it would come along I'd take it and hold off on the regionals for a while.

If you can get hired at a company that is not pft then do it.

It is the best flying you could do to (part 121 that is).

Latest resources

Back