• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle Buying Colgan

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Unfortunately, airline unions in the United States don't work in the way you have described. There will never be a single-voiced pilots union in this country. It all boils down to "meat in the seat" at the cheapest price that is either imposed or negotiated.
The biggest issue is the PCL pilot group's contention that ANY new flying will be performed by Pinnacle Airlines, Inc. and if Colgan Air is awarded any additional UEX, COEX or USEX flying PCL pilots contend that they should be able to bid this flying off a single seniority list. I honestly don't know what is legal and what isn't, but I do know that we should let the dust settle a bit before making any rash decisions or antagonizing another group of pilots. A bit of "cooling off" should be the order of the day, and let's see what the lawyers have to say.
PCL pilots need to understand that a good majority of pilots here at Colgan won't be here in 1-2 years and honestly don't have a whole lot vested in your arguments about scope, contracts, seniority lists, etc... Given the bottom feeding of pilot training schools that PCL recruits from along with Colgan Air I imagine that a good chunk of your pilots will be voting with their feet. Those of us that either choose to remain for the time being will have to evaluate their own situation if things appear to be changing for the worst.

Regards,

ex-Navy Rotorhead

I am getting REALLY sick of hearing, "I won't be hear in 1-2 years, so F-ck the guys behind me as its not my problem."

PCL pilots need to understand that a good majority of pilots here at Colgan won't be here in 1-2 years and honestly don't have a whole lot vested in your arguments about scope, contracts, seniority lists, etc...

WRONG!
They have the rest of their professional careers vested in it.

Turbo

WRONG!
They have the rest of their professional careers vested in it.

Turbo
You have your job cut out for you if you think you can convince him of that.

That takes a LOT of forward thinking and a lot of thought into the symbiotic relationship between the regionals, LCC's, and majors and their interrelated labor woes.

You have your job cut out for you if you think you can convince him of that.

That takes a LOT of forward thinking and a lot of thought into the symbiotic relationship between the regionals, LCC's, and majors and their interrelated labor woes.

He didn't try to convince him. He made a bullsh!t threat and tried to conceal it in a statement. Whoever said that they are sick of hearing about how we'll be gone in two years, you know how we feel about hearing about your bullsh!t attempt to protect yourselves at our expense. I was ready to sign a card last Thursday but since reading all the pre-packaged shyte that you are spewing, I'll take my chances and wait and see. Kaman is right, Colganites. Let the dust settle and things cool off, then make your decision.

He didn't try to convince him. He made a bullsh!t threat and tried to conceal it in a statement.

What the heck are you talking about????

I said they have their careers vested in it because what happens at the regionals effects the majors, what happens at one airline effects another.

What someone gets paid to fly a 1900 effects what I get paid to fly a CRJ. What I get paid ultimately effects what a FEDEX pilot gets paid to fly a MD11. Same goes for work rules and job protection.

I have know idea how you perceived my statement as a threat.

EDIT: Were you thinking that I meant Colgan pilots not becoming union makes them sort of GoJet/Freedumb pricks? That is NOT what I was saying!

Turbo

The belief that we can never acheive this "one voice" concept is exactly the reason that it is not happening. American's are greedy me, me, me types. We need to step back and consider what we do at one airline has a huge impact on what happens at others. Believe it or not, every action has a consequence. Prater is a good man, and will be a good leader for ALPA. I hope we can continue to bring everyone under one umbrella so that we can fight off mgmt attempts to whipsaw one of us against another. Nothing in this argument is black and white, but if I were a bettin' type, I would suspect that the fact that Colgan is non-union will eventually be used to try to impact negotiations at PCL. History just has a way of repeating itself. Doesn't mean it is the fault of Colgan pilots. We will just have to see how this plays out, and where you guys stand when the music stops playing. I hope it doesn't happen. I hope you guys aren't used to attempt to undercut PCL, but I'm not hopeful. Stand strong. Nuff said. Good luck with the transition.

I think alot of people are getting the cart before the proverbial horse (myself included, initially) without all the available information. I strongly believe that PCL Holdings Corporation purchased Colgan Air because of it's cheap labor, access to other codeshares and access to other lucrative turboprop flying.
I am also still not seeing the urgency to go running to ALPA like a bunch of Lemmings over a cliff. I am willing to hear what they have to say, but looking at the labor relations that PCL already "enjoys". What can they really do for the Colgan Air pilots that they have been unable to accomplish at PCL? I am also not buying the "join now before it's too late" theory either. Personally, if I see signs of nefarious activity by either ALPA or PCL Holdings then I'll leave. Plain and simple. I'll drive a truck for more $$$ than be involved in a "GO-JETS Mk. II" scenario.
It's really sad that one group of pilots unknown to each other have seemingly been pitted against one another by rumor and innuendo. Mostly taking place on the various internet forums.

OK OK OK>>>>
You people really need to cool off about this crap. All will be ok for quite a while. I am quite sure NOTHING is going to change for at least 18 months, and we certainly don't need a union. I hate unions and lawyers....don't get me started.

At Colgan, you get your time and leave. period. Nobody is there to help us out, so we look out for each other. As Phil Trenary says in his letter: Take care of each other". We already do, hence the tight Colgan pilot group.

We have guys going to Airtran, Continental, and Southwest for example, so all is not lost.

Get your job done right...don't complain, and even though the upgrade times are getting stretched a little, it's still better than any other company out there. And we all know that we want a bigger plane and bigger pay and that can't come without Turbine PIC time...and Colgan is the place to get it.

Don't worry boys and girls....it's gonna be just fine, and in my opinion quite a good time in the near future!

I am quite sure NOTHING is going to change for at least 18 months

Hmm, I doubt it, but neither of us know...

At Colgan, you get your time and leave. period

Is there some reason you don't think SAAB (or CRJ) drivers deserve a decent income/quality of life? Why should you have to move on do have a decent life?

As Phil Trenary says in his letter: Take care of each other.

Oh my, you are quoting Phil... what flavor kool-aide did you drink while reading that letter?

Turbo

Latest resources

Back