• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle Buying Colgan

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just thought I would throw this out into the wind and see where it goes. What if Pinnacle is just trying to diversify their assets? I mean with Compass on the way, do you think Pinnacle saw the writing on the wall? Until today all of Pinnacle's eggs were in one basket.
I don't have any experience with Pinnacle management, so I could be totally bass-akwards on this..........

Last edited:
Lear, It doesn't say Pinnacle CORP. As we all know there wasn't a company called that when the contract was signed. But the wording is in a successorship.

Section 1.E. This agreement will be binding upon any successor or merged Company or companies or any successor in the control of the Company, regardless of the nature of the transfer of control.
Good deal, I knew there was something else there I couldn't remember.

Hope PT and his lawyers understands and agrees with the binding nature of that paragraph to the holding company.

then check this

Section 1.F.1. In the event of the merger or consolidation of the Company with another airline which affects the seniority rights of pilots covered by this Agreement, provisions will be made for integration of seniority lists in a fair and equitable manner.
True, but this isn't necessarily a merger or consolidation. Again, if the company intends to keep them completely separate including operating certificates, aircraft, and routes, then there is no "merger" or "consolidation".

Totally depends on what they do operationally.

other items

Section 1.B.1. All present and future flying of any form performed by or for the company will be performed by pilots on the pilots' system seniority list.

Section 1.B.4 The company will not create or control another airline for the purpose of transferring the assets of the company to such airline...
Yup. 1.b.1 we already knew and is what was being questioned, i.e. "the company".

1.b.4 is the biggie. If they transfer any CRJ's over, then I guess it's "game on". :(

I think both companies will remain separate but will continue to get equally screwed by their own management. Lets not jump the gun and arm ourselves with ALPA yet. The end of the world is not upon us. Two companies one under one evil, much like China and Taiwan!

PCL now gets more flying and more gates for free. Colgan gets more $$$ for more EAS routes.... Great. If the companies stay separate that would be great. But if the merge by PCL holdings (which might happen) then the Colgan people, me being one of them, stand a chance of getting screwed.

Easy solution! Do the morning run ups and go from unfeather directly to min-max, their problem solved, the DECU does many cool things at that point!
:)

Hey can I fly on NW now?
100% chance that nothing will happen. If it does, then will see!

Good deal, I knew there was something else there I couldn't remember.

Hope PT and his lawyers understands and agrees with the binding nature of that paragraph to the holding company.

True, but this isn't necessarily a merger or consolidation. Again, if the company intends to keep them completely separate including operating certificates, aircraft, and routes, then there is no "merger" or "consolidation".

Totally depends on what they do operationally.

Yup. 1.b.1 we already knew and is what was being questioned, i.e. "the company".

1.b.4 is the biggie. If they transfer any CRJ's over, then I guess it's "game on". :(

Waters are already muddied by the PCL saabs going to Colgan sounds like transfer of assets to me. Come on you know these guys.....there is something evil brewing at Noncomprehenda Blvd.

I think both companies will remain separate but will continue to get equally screwed by their own management. Lets not jump the gun and arm ourselves with ALPA yet. The end of the world is not upon us. Two companies one under one evil, much like China and Taiwan!

PCL now gets more flying and more gates for free. Colgan gets more $$$ for more EAS routes.... Great. If the companies stay separate that would be great. But if the merge by PCL holdings (which might happen) then the Colgan people, me being one of them, stand a chance of getting screwed.

Easy solution! Do the morning run ups and go from unfeather directly to min-max, their problem solved, the DECU does many cool things at that point!
:)

Hey can I fly on NW now?
100% chance that nothing will happen. If it does, then will see!

Well management had a little explanation sheet for the ground employees stating no pass privileges on any of the carriers that Colgan codes for.

merger or consolidation ==== Ummm we are not doing either. We were bought as a seperate entity. That is not to say that such a thing will not occur though in the future.

Latest resources

Back