Pinnacle Air Services

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Need help
Looking for info on were to send my resume for Pinnacle and what are the qualifications.

Thanks
check your private messages I left you a fax number and contact name. If you want you can send me your qualifcations and I will let you know If I think you may meet are qualifcations. I can't tell you if we are hireing now but we did just hire a couple but not sure into what aircraft.

Hay guys lets back off on the bashing each other PA guys nothing has changed for us at this moment are pay are per diem nothing your job is as it has been. At this time we are exchangeing thoughts and information some just rumor and is only rumor until it happens. I understand the frustration but it won't do any good to take it personal opinions are like ass holes every one has one. I may not like some things I hear on here but my pay check and my QOL has not changed at this time. I can tell you there will be changes on both sides but I feal it will work out okay for everyone, and everyone will have time to deside if it is for them or not. As I find out information I will let you know at this time this is the best I can offer is just sit tight and go have a beer i gonna

Well, I hate to tell you this but JR doesn't, or won't soon, exist anymore. You, the airplanes, and accompanying staff now belong to PA. What was your date of hire with PA? Sept 1 or somewhere around there. Again, this was not a MERGER, this was a lot, stock, and barrel BUYOUT. Your date of hire with Airnet or JR has no bearing on your employment with PA. Your unifrom will be PA, your paycheck will be PA, your airplane will soon be in PA colors, and your senority should come with DOH from PA. Just like the rest of us.

I and fellow staff certainly do not belong to Pinnacle. If you feel "owned" by your company, you probably have enjoyed being a stooge for them.
Who picked that paintjob anyway? That is disgusting. Doesn't matter to me, though. The difference between your DOH and my DOH with PA is quite important: you chose to join PA on that date; I did not. But, I know there will never be any convincing you that this was fair, so I'll ask you to reference SlickMagneto's words. "He who has the gold makes the rules." It's done. Sorry it's not fair to you. I agree with one of your earlier posts. You said 1:1 seems fair if a PA guy was on top. Makes sense to me, but I was quite surprised to see the way they handled it. Anyway, no amount of us complaining or defending will change it. Maybe we should consider a union....

I am fully aware of my financial capabilities vs. the Pinnacle 4. Owed something? I am owed my pay for days worked. I am also owed my senority number with this company. Reverse the table. PA is in financial trouble. JR buys us. They stick PA guys ahead of JR. Are you laughing now? Again this was not a merger. This wasn't a meeting of two minds. This was a buyout. JR is bye-bye. Assets now belong to PA. And again, we are glad to have you guys here, but your DOH with a now defunct company should have no bearing here.

I never was laughing about any of this, Downwind. Nor would I be laughing if the tables were turned. JR was never in financial trouble; however, it did mean a lot of debt for Airnet which a majority of stockholders did not like. So, they made a concerted effort to find someone who would want to buy it. In fiduciary terms, it was a buyout. You've said it a million times, and I still get it, ok? I do think it was a "meeting of the minds" to some extent, though, or they wouldn't have hired the guy who laid out the ENTIRE business plan for JR to be your boss, too. And again, the people with the "gold" tend to disagree with your assessment relating to our DOH with a defunct company, so get over it.

50% of our 45 guys just walked last week. I don't have definate numbers or anything to bet on in Vegas. Just grumblings and disappointment from the guys that I do talk to. Hell, they may all stay. They may all go too.

So is it 50%? Or is it "I don't have definite numbers?" And how many 45 pilots are there? 10?

PA guys were NOT taking care of on this. You guys were. Thats good for you and speaks well for Wynn. Maybe now that we are on his team he can do something for us all.

And how much worse could it be? We're successful and doing well. We treat our customers right and get things done (I'm sure you guys do too). We prosper and make money. We buy a company that had to borrow too much and needs out. We place their people ahead of ours?

I'm sure it could be a lot worse. If you think you've got it worse than anyone in the world, or the aviation industry, or the charter industry specifically, you need to take a look around.

Again, sorry you feel bad. But I've got little sympathy for your concerns when you act like because PA bought JR, that you should get everything and we should get screwed. That's a foolish business move, and the people who run both of our companies knew it.

there are three 45 pilots left. and the reason the others left is job security and pay!!! All the argueing and fussing isnt gonna make things any better. It goes for pa and jr guys. we're grown men if you dont like the situation your in you have the power to do something about it.

Just throwing my two cents in the pile. Being a JR guy myself, I'm exciting about the buy out. Of course there are pro's and con's the the deal but I got over it and I'm thankful to be a part of a growing organization that will benifit everyone to some degree.

My opinion on the new per diem system is that I'm fine with it. I would have to say I'm a believer that you come out ahead on this. JR guys have been set in there ways and a little spoiled at times. Racking up all the hilton points was nice but I rather rack up doe than points. So, I welcome the new perdiem structure. We can find a million excuses to find error in this but I think there are more positives than negatives. I take most of the PA's word for it. Believe me when I say I will never stay at a poedunk motel. I'm all about the nice bed and a nice breakfast in the morning.

About the whole senority list. If you're gettng your panties all dirty over this than you're just a grumpy ole fart that just wants to be grumpy. This is good for everyone. It's like nothing changed. If you're in the top 10% seniority today, you'll still be there after the buy out. If you're going to quit over that then that's your choice. You'll find out months later reading this forum that the medical, dental and vision package has improved, the pilots got there pay raises, there sceduled has improved and we're a bunch of happy pilots all under the same company that respect each other.

I look forward to painting our gay ass colors to PA and to wear the PA badge.
Be a little optimistic here.

I also fell like JR is getting more of the shaft when it comes to this buyout. Our medical basically doubled. No more bonuses...(j/k). Most of our airnet benifits gone.
we are losing more than we are gaining save the seniority list. So, lets put on our happy face and smile a little more.

Well, if we have to trust you on per diem, you trust us on Wynn. He's going to be Nelson and Hunnicutt's direct boss soon, and he is a first-class manager. I can tell you he already cares about you PA guys just as much as he does us. Maybe you're concerned about your current management, but Wynn will be in charge of both companies soon, and he cares about making pilots happy as much as he can.

On the issue of the seniority list and buyout: try stepping outside your point-of-view for a moment.

First, many Jetride pilots have been flying with Jetride and Airnet for longer than Pinnacle has been in operation. Many have been with the Airnet parent company for nearly a decade. Now, imagine the experience and loyalty of these people. Now, imagine you're them, and you get tacked 50 or so seniority numbers below people who've been with PA for 1 year. You're gone. They knew this was going to happen, so they made it a condition of sale.

Second, YOU personally didn't buy Jetride... the rich people who own PA did. Quit acting as if you're owed something. They could have gone by DOH, but you guys would have been screwed, and that wouldn't be fair, either.

Third, 50%? Is it possible that 50% of PA would walk over this seniority list? Sounds like hyperbole to me.... In real terms, no one's relative rank is really changing because the fleet size just doubled with the number of pilots (except for some Airnet/Jetride guys who moved up or down).

Lastly, we'll quit b'ing about per diem when you quit b'ing about seniority. You didn't get "sold up the river" nearly as bad as you could have.

All of us are apprehensive about this thing right now, and all a bit uneasy, but I think what they're doing is fair, and in the interest of the company's future AND the comfort of ALL the pilots.

Amen, brother.

Latest resources

Back