• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle Air Services

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey if you want a good laugh, go back to the beginning of this post and start reading.
You'll get a good laugh at all the chowder heads that made predictions on how this was going to play out. Compare it with how it's really playing out.

Got to love the term "this comes from a ceditable source"!!!

What did the JR guys/gals think of the Answers from Arkansas section in the memo today? Looked good to me. I am a little confused on the per diem card. It sounds like a ridiculous hassle to me with only being able to use certain ATM machines. Can we pay hotel bills with this card? Can we just transfer money from our per diem account to our personal bank account? I guess my question is how do I pay for meals and hotel with the money in the per diem account? Is it a process of withdrawing money from the per diem account and taking that cash to deposit in my bank after a trip?

This whole thing sounds okay, but if they can direct deposit paychecks into our checking account, why don't they just deposit per diem in there as well?

Are we switching to an all inclusive per-diem travel card (like BOA gov’t travel card)?

What I do:
  • I put the initial per-diem issued into an account and collect interest off of it
  • I have a credit card that I use only for travel
  • Pay off the card after I return from rotation from per-diem checks issued every Friday
  • Money left over I either invest, save, or spend
This method seems to work for me. I never touch the initial per-diem amount. When it is time to move on, all I have to do is return the initial amount.

Just one way to do it.

starcheckdriver said:
What did the JR guys/gals think of the Answers from Arkansas section in the memo today? Looked good to me. I am a little confused on the per diem card. It sounds like a ridiculous hassle to me with only being able to use certain ATM machines. Can we pay hotel bills with this card? Can we just transfer money from our per diem account to our personal bank account? I guess my question is how do I pay for meals and hotel with the money in the per diem account? Is it a process of withdrawing money from the per diem account and taking that cash to deposit in my bank after a trip?

This whole thing sounds okay, but if they can direct deposit paychecks into our checking account, why don't they just deposit per diem in there as well?

I can answer the part about why the per diem doesn't get direct deposit. The pay check and per diem are from two seperate banks so the accounts are not the same. As far as the ATM card goes I have only heard that it is something we are going to, so you all have gotten more info then us. I am sure though it will work just like any check cashing card and you will be able to use it like a credit card to pay for your hotel food etc.

The issue I had with it is if we go to a hotel and we use these debit cards for our rooms, alot of hotels put a "hold" on the total anticipated amount for the stay, lets say we are somewhere two or three days, that could wipe out any and all funds on the card for the rest of the time we are in a city.
just a thought

JJET44 said:
Any update on this? I heard that they might be doin' away with the 35's and 31's in exchange for mid size jets. The 45 would seem to be a good fit but not acoarding to this!

From what I hear, Pinnacle is not getting out of the 31 business. We are looking at a G4 and trading in one 45, the 55, and one 31. The 31 will be replaced with another newer, lower time one.

Rumours and crew movements still lean toward the 45s going bye bye.

Might be a 600 series in the future.

The key here will be getting CURRENT Pinnacle people into these airplanes. I know that Wyvern will require the need to get timed street captains but we need to start getting our own into these bigger airplanes that will pay more money. If we dont and people are locked into their current airplane then how can anyone advance their position and where is the motivation to stick around? I think Pinnacle is a good place that is only going to get better. But we need to start addressing the issue of how guys can improve themselves. Professional development and advancement is the key to good morale and retention.

I didnt intentionally slight the JR guys about upgrades. With the seperate certificates right now our aircraft dont affect you and yours dont affect us.

What is JRs code and flight numbering for tracking flights? Surelly we can hook up somewhere for some BSing.

Tiger driver,

I could see your point guess it will be one of those things that will have to be addressed when the time comes. I think I may just keep doing it as I have been I have a credit card I use only for my trips and then just transfer the funds from the check cashing card when the bill comes in and the left over into my account

Last edited:
Hey just gotta say one of the pinnacle crews gave me a ride home to see my father before he passed away and they were nothing but professional. I was really impressed with the crew and they flew through the night to get me home.

Thanks guys and I hope everything turns out allright.

Diesel

Dave. How was Cody? Check out the Buffalo Bill Historical Center? Great gun collection on display there.

J

Latest resources

Back