• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle Air Services

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wondering if Pinnacle is a good first corporate job and if Pinnacle is currently hiring. Wanting to get into corporate (maybe stay freight), build some time of course, and 4-5 years later something better. To read this whole thread will take time, and i'm on a short layover in MDW.

I did cover for a route in ASG and we used Pinnacles FBO. But, I was new to my company and wasn't really looking. I'm actively looking at places like USA Jet, Ameristar (maybe), IFL Group and a Beechjet corporate outfit in DTW (but they start at 30k not 35k and I'd have to fly their C421 at times). Sent out some resumes in the Dallas aera also. Really just want to know if Pinnacle is worth sending a resume to.

Thanks for the insights!

Last edited:
Interesting blog, enumeration is always the most popular topic.

Last edited:
Texanflyboy said:
Wondering if Pinnacle is a good first corporate job and if Pinnacle is currently hiring. Wanting to get into corporate (maybe stay freight), build some time of course, and 4-5 years later something better. To read this whole thread will take time, and i'm on a short layover in MDW.

I did cover for a route in ASG and we used Pinnacles FBO. But, I was new to my company and wasn't really looking. I'm actively looking at places like USA Jet, Ameristar (maybe), IFL Group and a Beechjet corporate outfit in DTW (but they start at 30k not 35k and I'd have to fly their C421 at times). Sent out some resumes in the Dallas aera also. Really just want to know if Pinnacle is worth sending a resume to.

Thanks for the insights!

I think that you need 2500tt to get hired. This is to meet Wyvren and ARG/US mins.

Talked to Richard several times, I'm right at 2500TT and live in Vegas. I keep getting "call me in a week or two, we'll be bringing on more pilots any time". I say this as I sit in groundschool for a regional gig. Too bad, I wasn't a bad wrench on the Lears, either.

JJET44 said:
You're better off at a regional anyway!
I'll take you forever to upgrade to capt. at 2500tt.

You're better off applying at Citation Shares or Netjets, in fact much better off. The scenario or culture if you prefer at Pinnacle is a bunch of good pilots working for for a couple of individuals who really lack interpersonal skills and are in middle management who don't have anything in place for a progressive future at Pinnacle and constantly contradict themselves.

LJPilot said:
I was hired on with around 2500 TT and I upgraded in 13 months. Depends on the type and movement in the company.

How did you get 1000 hrs of flying in 13 months?
QStar mins require that you have 3500 hrs to upgrade to capt!!

Turbojet

Turboprop

Helicopter (RW)*
Total Time

2,500 (1,500 RW)
PIC

1,000 RW
PIC Multi-engine

NA
Multi-engine

NA
Instrument

100 (50 RW)
Turbine

Time in type
(type and model)
100​

* Total aircraft time (rotor-wing time)

Last edited:
It does take some extra work, but its there if you want it (contract flying, overtime). On a normal schedule I would guess upgrade time is well over 18 months.

Downwind said:
Rumors abound about the 45's. Story is that they are too MX heavy. Looking at selling. Same with our new 55 that I don't think has flown yet.

Any update on this? I heard that they might be doin' away with the 35's and 31's in exchange for mid size jets. The 45 would seem to be a good fit but not acoarding to this!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back