• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle Air Services

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Quick break down for you MNR. Day pay is when you away from home you get $50 per day gone. So those of us who are road guys get an average of 16 days a month ($800 and it is taxed.) Low per-diem is $141. High per-diem is $226 which includes international. There is a meal stipen for days that do not qualify for per-diem (i.e. days when company pays for hotel like for training) that is $10 per meal time. That isn't much. I would like to see that change for a more realistic allowance. $10 seems to be in the McDonald's budget for food. I like to treat my body better than that. A hotel restaurant charges more than $10 for a salad. Maybe in the future that will change as have our past changes have come to better our quality of life at home as well as on the road. No place will be perfect, but this place seems to be make strides to come close. And, no, I am not drinking the Kool-Aid. I have experienced worse at so called class act organizations. In all reality, will JR be doing this per-diem gig right off the bat? Or, will you guys stay the same course you have been doing? Has anyone seen the offer to employees of JR yet? What is it like or is there any change to your side at all?

Actually nothing is supposed to change right away. The mngt at JR has done a couple conference calls and some additional e-mail to answer questions. Basicly they said nothing will change for at least 6 months. JR and the guys running the show have really tried hard to make it a 135 operation that people want to work for. It has been a better deal than some of the Part 91 operations I am familar with. I say that because things have been good here and I think most of the guys who have stuck around would like to see it stay that way. With a change like this its possible for things to get bad quick.

The per diem thing is one of those possible eventual changes. Right now we get a company card for hotels. They book us in Hiltons, Marriott, Holiday Inn mid to high end brand hotels. They do shop around but also realize its a cost of doing business. Nicer hotels = rested, happy pilots. Per diem is paid each day you go out. If you fly a 4 hour trip you get per diem, if you do 14 hours you get the same. Right now is $36, $44 for high dollar cities and $55 for international. Back the next day at 8 am ...two days per diem 8pm...two days per diem. No hourly rate or partial day rate.

We do not get day pay, we just get salery. We all on a 2 week on 1 week off or reserve is 8 on 6 off. If you go over on your two weeks because a trip is still out they will either airline the crew back and forth or if you finish out a trip and are on the road an extra day they will pay you overtime ($300 per day)

As far as other stuff goes. From what I understand part of the deal with PA buying JR was that benifits would be similar enough that the difference would be negligable when the JR pilots and staff came over. I guess that ment PA pilots and staff got some new benifits recently, 401(k) match, and some other things. Salery is exactly the same as when we leave Jetride. I'm not sure if our anniversy date will change to Sept 1st for everyone or stay the same based on when you joined Jetride (we would get merit raises each year). Based on what I have been told the only difference we will notice initally is where benifits and paychecks come from. As they move forward over the next year they will try to make policies match up i.e. per diem, when to get rental cars, crew meals etc.

Some other changes I could see is PA going to more of a system like ours where the aircraft are based in cities around the country instead of centrally located at specific limited bases. JR has 1 or 2 planes in about 9 cities? or more now. Each crewed with 3 pilots. 2weeks on call 1 week off. Its a nice schedule with the midsize and light jets because you end up home a bunch, your still on call, but your home, lots of one, two and 3 days trips. I think in my 3 years or so I have only spent one 2 week rotation on the road the whole time and a handful or week long trips (all of which were international down in the islands or Mexico)

I think they will also eventually look at the fleet mix and streamline it. I know PA has kinda a hodgepodge of Lears and a few other jets. My guess is they will try to stay with the 60s for midsize jets and then look at when would work best for light and heavy stuff. So maybe lose the Falcon 50s, the Lear 55's and 45's and 35's and go with 60's and 31's unless they are managed but who knows. Maybe having a good mix in the charter industry is a better business model. There are guys who get paid more than me to worry about that kind of stuff.

ok thats enough typeing.....it would be much more interesting to do this over beers. If anyone from PA ends up in MDW overnight PM me if I'm in town we can go for beer and pizza and talk albout all sorts of what if scenarios.

Pizza and beer is a great idea. I don't know what will happen with the PA fleet other than the 50's. The 50's are managed planes. So they will stay. There is some talk about some bigger planes. I'll believe it when I see it though.

J

Did Fat sh*t Nelson die yet????

The DA50's are not managed. They are owned by PA. However, they are on a different contract with different crew requirements. For all practical purposes you could just say they don't exist. Unless you already have time in type I don't see how anyone could move into them with the crew requirements.

Who knows about the fleet. Sometimes our aircraft seem to be impulse buys. We just bought a lear 55. I can't begin to figure out why we bought that thing.

Our "new" 35 was a good buy. PA was looking for an aircraft that could do both coasts from ASG.

The 50's were a little odd (the ones we selected, not 50's in general). PA has been big on low time and well equipped aircraft. The 50's are old (early 80's) and antique (hundreds of gauges and zero glass). I don't know why we broke the mold and went with such old aircraft.

Rumors abound about the 45's. Story is that they are too MX heavy. Looking at selling. Same with our new 55 that I don't think has flown yet.

It will be interesting to see how everything shakes out in the next year. I imagine some rough spots will pop up but I think everyone is trying to get PA/JR into a good position.

TennLear60 said:
Quick break down for you MNR. Day pay is when you away from home you get $50 per day gone. So those of us who are road guys get an average of 16 days a month ($800 and it is taxed.) Low per-diem is $141. High per-diem is $226 which includes international. There is a meal stipen for days that do not qualify for per-diem (i.e. days when company pays for hotel like for training) that is $10 per meal time. That isn't much. I would like to see that change for a more realistic allowance. $10 seems to be in the McDonald's budget for food. I like to treat my body better than that. A hotel restaurant charges more than $10 for a salad. Maybe in the future that will change as have our past changes have come to better our quality of life at home as well as on the road. No place will be perfect, but this place seems to be make strides to come close. And, no, I am not drinking the Kool-Aid. I have experienced worse at so called class act organizations. In all reality, will JR be doing this per-diem gig right off the bat? Or, will you guys stay the same course you have been doing? Has anyone seen the offer to employees of JR yet? What is it like or is there any change to your side at all?
Well I do not see the 10.00 per meal changeing. Which is why I hope we keep things as they are in regards to are per diem because if the company starts paying for hotel then it will be 10.00 per meal. As you know I have a little in sight on that. Thangs change but some things don't I had to except this a long time ago. It is one that will not change. I under stand the way it is looked at I might not agree with it but I have come to except it.

Flybet3 said:
Did Fat sh*t Nelson die yet????
Flybet3 said:
From scum to mega scum!

Quite the ray of sunshine, aren't ya? I suppose you have that perfect job working 2 days a month making $200,000.00 per year. So for what ever reason you can afford to portray yourself as a fool lacking etiquette found in others who are professionals. You are such the role model. Enjoy your life alone in your own world. The rest of us in this forum will continue to discuss our new relationship without interruption from your unnecessary comments.

J

"Flybet3 vbmenu_register("postmenu_1076646", true);
Bite my shiny metal ass

[URL="http://forums.flightinfo.com/customavatars/avatar17314_5.gif"]http://forums.flightinfo.com/customavatars/avatar17314_5.gif[/URL]

Civ/Mil: Nasa
A/C Flown: The crushinator, Calculon, Planet express and a 400 ton booty
Ratings: booty and beaver
Curr Position: Chump
Total Time: Luv TT

Most of the people I have had issues with are people with ZERO personality, bad attitude, no manners,zero tolerance and have to mention more than once of how "good" they are. The list is soooo long.

Here's your professional pilot. This is his reply to nasty chief pilots. Sounds like a winner to me. I can't understand why Nelson wont hire someone of this caliber.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back