• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle Air Services

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sounds really complicated to me. We get a flat rate per day. Thats it. You do a 4 hour trip you get the day rate of $36 if you go international its $55 certain cities are $44 if your on a 14 hour day trip its the same rate. They give the Captains CC for the hotels.

From what I have been told there will be no bidding across certificates for quite a while if ever. They plan on maintaining both cirtificates for the forseeable future. You would have to go throgh the other cirts. inital indoc etc. to switch over, too much of an expense/hassle.

Jetride guys have a couple conference calls tomorrow to get questions answered, check you company e-mail for phone number and pin.

How many pilots does PA have?

We have 49 pilots, excluding management pilots, at JR

Last edited:
JJET44 said:
How many pilots does PA have?

We have 49 pilots, excluding management pilots, at JR

I think the number is 40. There may be more. Were the managed airplanes, ie. Gulfstreams, included in the deal?

slickmagneto said:
I think the number is 40. There may be more. Were the managed airplanes, ie. Gulfstreams, included in the deal?

Yes, but for the time being the two companies are going to remain on each ones exisiting certificate, so no bidding across the line. We can't fly your birds and you can't fly ours. I imagine that sometime down the road that will change, but not in the near future.

Its about time they got this out in the open. This was a true fact just before the thread started!

starcheckdriver said:
I talked to the JR DO yesterday and he seemed excited about this policy and wanted to move to it. He said it would reduce a lot of the workload as far as paperwork and booking hotels i.e. moving that load to the pilots.

I kinda agree with not wanting to do this. I know a lot of Pinnacle guys that seek out the Motel 6 and Super 8 for good deals. They stay in crappy hotels so they can bank the extra money. I say give us the $50 day pay and still book us in nice hotels and pay the $36 per diem.

Well I don't know to many of the guys who stay in Motel 6. I had to only once and not by choice. Because of the way we run are per diem I have never ended up with less then 300.00 extra in cash and as much as 1000.00 at the end of my rotation each month. This is your money tax free. I don't look at it as part of my salerey that would be foolish, but it is good for drinking money, golf, or what ever. Now back to the hotel if you are paired with someone who wants to stay at the Motel 6 fine let them go. You have the right to stay where you want the crew does not need to stay at the same hotel just make sure you both are at the airport on time for a trip. Most of us do end up at the same hotel but there is nothing saying you have to.

well I have had this exact problem on the last trip. The captian wants to stay at sleezy unsafe motel when we could get marriot for an extra 20. Or getting in at 2 am and the captian wanting to walk up and down the street checking motel rates to save and extra 5 bucks. It does get frustrating and I do stay at different motels every now and then but I don't think managment likes it. The extra money made is tax free.

Latest resources

Back